Page 5 of 106 FirstFirst ... 34567 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: First official photos of a jailbroken 3G[s] released. Tool not too far away!

Quote Originally Posted by Araya213 View Post
    These guys have worked very hard to get this jailbreak completed and are not going to risk their work being invalidated because they jumped the gun. They don't owe any of us anything. I personally don't agree with their apparent rationale in holding back, but it's not going to do me any good to argue, and it's certainly not my place to complain. It's highly likely that they know something we don't. Anyway, everybody chill.
    I agree with you Araya, we can't force dev team or geo into doing something. I just think it's unusefull to withhold the release, that's my opinion.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

The dev team will release this soon. They are very worried that geohot and the chronic dev team will release it and they will be beaten to the first public release of the jailbreak for the 3GS. Remember when 2.0 dropped and geohot threatened to release it if the dev team wouldn't? The dev team doesn't mind waitng on jailbreak releases whether there is a good reason or not. Lucky geohot and chronic dev are breathing down the necks of the dev team. Maybe they shouldn't have snubbed geohot 2 days ago and treated him with some respect. Now the dev team just took on more work for themselves. They don't want to be out shined so you will see something quickly.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

SharkySharky (06-28-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by k.nitsua View Post
    Jailbreak depends on hardware, not software. At least this is my understanding of it. I don't think the same goes for unlocking though since baseband upgrades and screw things up. Firmware upgrades just changes structure and other stuff that requires a modified jailbreak - but the jailbreak capability will always be there.

Again, this is at least MY understanding... I am in no way, shape, or form an authority on this.
    lol

Apple have contracts with carriers i.e. AT&T, O2.

These contracts are wrth lots and lots of money, to both parties involved.

These carriers will be less than pleased that the iPhone 3G AND the brand new iPhone 3GS (when the jailbreak is released) can be unlocked to run on other carriers.

Apple has a duty to these carriers to fix any unlock, hence a soonish release of 3.0.1.

We have the iPhone Dev-Team and we have a lone soldier called GeoHot.

Here is his blog:

On the iPhone

It was recommended to follow the steps in the 'usbdump' post, but, now they have found an exploit in the bootrom i don't think that matters anymore, although i would recommend everyone with a 3GS to follow those instructions and save their generated file somewhere just in case its needed in the future.

Some better guides:

iClarified - iPhone - How to Generate a Unique Certificate for Your iPhone 3GS' iBSS (Windows)

iClarified - iPhone - How to Generate a Unique Certificate for Your iPhone 3GS' iBSS (Mac)

By the looks of things, this will be packaged by the Dev-Team into a new release of redsn0w AFTER the release of 3.0.1 from Apple.

In conclusion, now is far from the time to sit there refreshing your browser/rss feeds, so go outside.
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

Quote Originally Posted by comthre3 View Post
    if its individuality your seeking, then i suggest you spray paint your iPhone,, :P
    You know, I would have it done ...but the case covers it all up

Thanks

Sorry, as stealth pointed out the chronic dev team aswell. And i wish my edit button would work in safari 4

Suck it up, Sucker

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    The dev team will release this soon. They are very worried that geohot and the chronic dev team will release it and they will be beaten to the first public release of the jailbreak for the 3GS. Remember when 2.0 dropped and geohot threatened to release it if the dev team wouldn't? The dev team doesn't mind waitng on jailbreak releases whether there is a good reason or not. Lucky geohot and chronic dev are breathing down the necks of the dev team. Maybe they shouldn't have snubbed geohot 2 days ago and treated him with some respect. Now the dev team just took on more work for themselves. They don't want to be out shined so you will see something quickly.
    Do you think it works like that? I think both teams realize the risks if they release soon,, patched holes, and the such, I personally dont think it'll happen anytime soon,, i hope it does tho. I've been following the devteam + geo's tweets and there is no disrespect which tells me that they have come to some sort of consensus. That being said,, I REALLLY HOPE YOUR RIGHT!

Isnt it nice getting the most out of the best portable device in the world?

previously known as iPhoneman2K, iphoneman76 iPhoneMuscle's Avatar
    Thanks

Hello Stealth...I agree with ya. Geohot go for it. Hey I love the dev team but their not the iPhone jailbreak police!

Quote Originally Posted by inzandity View Post
    You know, I would have it done ...but the case covers it all up
    color the cover then LOL :P

Do you think it works like that? I think both teams realize the risks if they release soon,, patched holes, and the such, I personally dont think it'll happen anytime soon,, i hope it does tho. I've been following the devteam + geo's tweets and there is no disrespect which tells me that they have come to some sort of consensus. That being said,, I REALLLY HOPE YOUR RIGHT!
    I would think that SB would have a better insight than all of us. Especially if he has contacts on the dev team right?!

Quote Originally Posted by inzandity View Post
    I would think that SB would have a better insight than all of us. Especially if he has contacts on the dev team right?!
    true,, but as it stands i believe that we are all in the dark,, so its all speculations.

Thanks

Twitter:

copumpkin of the iPhone Dev Team (not Chronic)

@geohot congratulations! have a release date yet? we'd love to avoid the tedium of making the tool :P
    about 10 hours ago from web

gehot:

@copumpkin haha, it's a 10 line change to redsn0w.
    about 4 hours ago from web in reply to copumpkin

AND

@iPhonePulse I was exaggerating a bit, but it's a lot easier now for dev to release a tool than me, since they have all the backend done.

And i believe the iPhone Dev Team are the only ones with a current tool out? aka redsn0w.

Therefore, the tool will be coming as an updated redsn0w?

Suck it up, Sucker

14. The Following User Says Thank You to reeko For This Useful Post:

inzandity (06-28-2009)

@geohot we're lagging behind you by a day or so (not done rce for 24kpwn yet), but I'm gonna say that's only because we started late. from planetbeing,, so I dont know whats going on?

Can't any developer who actually understand all those chinese words just make the jb happen for us? =D

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    From MuscleNerd
    @Gatheredbob it would make little sense to release a 3GS jailbreak before 3.0.1. We'll explain more in a post tomorrow.
    about 9 hours ago from web in reply to Gatheredbob

Thanks

@geohot we're lagging behind you by a day or so (not done rce for 24kpwn yet), but I'm gonna say that's only because we started late. from planetbeing,, so I dont know whats going on?
    No signs of gehot being upset for being snubbed, just as you said before, they are talking and obviously working on something.

The first time i ever heard of the chronic dev team was a few days ago and its only through geohot. What have the chronic dev team ever done?

Suck it up, Sucker

I have been a member here for a long time however I really never post because most of my questions get answered by doing a little research on here, but in regards to everybody who is complaining on the DEV team releasing a product they are not comfortable releasing, I would like to know of those complaining how many of you have actually donated money to their efforts? now to those of you who may say "YES I do" maybe half of you or more really DON'T.
    I may get some heat for posting this but I dont really GAF , they will release it whenever they are ready so in advance "THANKS" .

MY $.02

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    I don't know about this. Reasong being this hasn't felt like a race between them but more of a joint effort. I may be wrong but as far as I can tell they've been sharing information between them. Whomever releases it and whenever they release it, I'm sure it would be a joint decision for the greater benefit.

Both teams deserve praise and equal gratitude. My hats off to chronic team, devteam and geo.

Extra appreciation to the devteam from my behalf. They've been a machine for the past 2 weeks and going.
    Last edited by 305; 06-28-2009 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrykid323 View Post
    I have been a member here for a long time however I really never post because most of my questions get answered by doing a little research on here, but in regards to everybody who is complaining on the DEV team releasing a product they are not comfortable releasing, I would like to know of those complaining how many of you have actually donated money to their efforts? now to those of you who may say "YES I do" maybe half of you or more really DON'T.
    I may get some heat for posting this but I dont really GAF , they will release it whenever they are ready so in advance "THANKS" .

MY $.02
    I'm sure the majority of us would if the dev team accepted donations. There is proof too seeing how fast their chipin filled up...

And who is really complaining (besides you).. We're all just anxious is all...

I'm not complaining about dev team, they're great guys. I just see more pro's than contra's to release the jb now.

Page 5 of 106 FirstFirst ... 34567 15 55 105 ... LastLast