Page 4 of 106 FirstFirst ... 23456 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: First official photos of a jailbroken 3G[s] released. Tool not too far away!

Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    ^or how about wait and when 3.01 comes out , they don't have to go again with all the hard work to find another
    ^+1
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Since people will have the 3.0 jailbreak they won't be such a pain in the *** anymore to get 3.0. jailbroken, so the dev guys can take their time. Imo they should just release the jb and give people what they want

3. The Following User Says Thank You to schoenemans For This Useful Post:

apwtwenty (06-28-2009)

Abd as soon as they do that Apple will patch it with 3.01 so no new phones can be JBd - is that what you want?

Luckily the Dev Team do what's in the best interest of the majority not just a few.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Especially if its only a 10 line change, and that ultra snow is already released for the 3G. Wouldn't apple be able to block it anyways?

10 lines is a lot! But that's in RedSn0w not Apple's FW.
    Remember the change from BL 5.8 to 5.9 was only about 6 bytes.

Correct me if i'm wrong but wouldn't apple know where the hole is anyway by what is currently being said. So weather they release the JB or not apple will still patch it??

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Abd as soon as they do that Apple will patch it with 3.01 so no new phones can be JBd - is that what you want?

Luckily the Dev Team do what's in the best interest of the majority not just a few.
    First of all, then apple just brings 3.0.2 out and blocks the jb?
    Second, i read that the iPhone 3GS will always be jailbreakable, whatever firmware it's on. So why not bring it out?

They don't know yet. Only GeoHot has shown a JB'd device, provided it doesn't get released into the wild Apple won't be able to patch it.

Quote Originally Posted by schoenemans View Post
    First of all, then apple just brings 3.0.2 out and blocks the jb?
    Second, i read that the iPhone 3GS will always be jailbreakable, whatever firmware it's on. So why not bring it out?
    The Dev Team will explain their logic tomorrow. but basically Apple are very unlikely to release a second update so soon after a first.
    OS 2.0 was released on 11/07/08 OS 2.0.1 was released on 4/8/08 but it was a long time before the next update.

Soprry if my posts are getting out of order - people are replying quicker than I can type!
    Last edited by confucious; 06-28-2009 at 01:08 PM.

previously known as iPhoneman2K, iphoneman76 iPhoneMuscle's Avatar
    Thanks

It's always something on why can't it be released... Please someone mod the REDSNOW and lets get on with the show..

If not it will be weeks like always...I'm not wasting my time pushing refresh no more...
    Last edited by iPhoneMuscle; 06-28-2009 at 01:07 PM.

Why does everyone think an update is that far off? Do you think Apple and the official carriers are happy about ultrasn0w?We're very likely to see an update soon. 3.0.1 will have a new baseband to block ultrasn0w, that's a given.

"The Chuck Bass of Theming" k.nitsua's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,214 Times in 2,596 Posts

Jailbreak depends on hardware, not software. At least this is my understanding of it. I don't think the same goes for unlocking though since baseband upgrades and screw things up. Firmware upgrades just changes structure and other stuff that requires a modified jailbreak - but the jailbreak capability will always be there.

Again, this is at least MY understanding... I am in no way, shape, or form an authority on this.
    #eli7e revived me

Quote Originally Posted by LastSonOfKrypton View Post
    Why does everyone think an update is that far off? Do you think Apple and the official carriers are happy about ultrasn0w?We're very likely to see an update soon. 3.0.1 will have a new baseband to block ultrasn0w, that's a given.
    So surely it would be better to get the JB out now so the people who have the 3GS can start to use this device on other networks. If they wait for 301 with a possible new baseband nobody will be able to use it on other networks?

"The Chuck Bass of Theming" k.nitsua's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,214 Times in 2,596 Posts

I think a firmware update is not that far off. With several issues already developing with 3.0, a bug fix update seems imminent. Here's an example of one of the issues being shot into the limelight:

http://www.tuaw.com/2009/06/26/iphon...n-version-3-0/

So 3.0.1 will probably be released within a month. Again, just MY estimate.
    #eli7e revived me

That's only the minority of the people who are affected by those bugs. Myself I have an iPhone 3G and 3GS and both haven't got a problem. Also my bro's iphone 2G doesn't have any problems. If dev team releases 3GS jb, they'll make the majority happy, and when apple releases then 3.0.1 they can work on that without being bugged about their 3.0 release. Ok sure, people who'll buy an iphone at that time won't be able to jb it for a while, but neither do we?

Totally agree, i've had my 3GS from day one of release and i'm starting to get veryy bored of all the standard bits and missing my JB lol.

Quote Originally Posted by jcisthebest2000 View Post
    Totally agree, i've had my 3GS from day one of release and i'm starting to get veryy bored of all the standard bits and missing my JB lol.
    Me and you both... Can we have some individuality yet?

Although i have to admit i wouldn't be here without geohot and dev team, big shout out to you guys. All i can say is that it would be fair enough to release the jb already imo.

These guys have worked very hard to get this jailbreak completed and are not going to risk their work being invalidated because they jumped the gun. They don't owe any of us anything. I personally don't agree with their apparent rationale in holding back, but it's not going to do me any good to argue, and it's certainly not my place to complain. It's highly likely that they know something we don't. Anyway, everybody chill.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Araya213 For This Useful Post:

SharkySharky (06-28-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by inzandity View Post
    Me and you both... Can we have some individuality yet?
    if its individuality your seeking, then i suggest you spray paint your iPhone,, :P

I am thinking it would a smart idea for anyone who plans on unlocking the 3GS to use on another network to go purchase one before apple releases 3.0.1 ,as all the iPhones purchased in store after that release is sure to have the newest firmware already on it, hence possibly blocking any chance of ultrasn0wing....
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Page 4 of 106 FirstFirst ... 23456 14 54 104 ... LastLast