+ Reply
Page 12 of 106 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 22 62 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: First official photos of a jailbroken 3G[s] released. Tool not too far away!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Lol, someone's jailbroke already... ;D
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Lol, someone's jailbroke already... ;D

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bbplayer5 View Post
    Apple hasnt been able to stop jailbreaks for 3 years now. 3.0.1 wont be any different. It will be broken the day after and the cycle will continue.
    well i dont know anything about how they do what they do. but im pretty knowlegable and i try to learn what i can. i was under the influence that the exploit the dev team uses is at the hardware level. so if the 3gs is jailbreakable on 3.0 the same exploit will still be there in 3.0.1 so if that is the case. wtf release the jailbreak and make all the impatient people happy. i know ill be. really. if its a 10 line change like its said to be then change it package it and seed it.

Thanks

Yo, this long assed post is needless and his whole things played out already. Our views won't change anything.

Good night bernie-mac
    Last edited by reeko; 06-28-2009 at 07:11 PM.
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

iPhone? More like MyPhone Cocchiararo's Avatar
    Thanks

if there are multiple exploits, THEN, does this mean that an early release WONT **** all the people who buy an iphone already with 3.01 ?

BERNI-MAC: you are WAY to dense man, and you "logic" for "not agreeing" lacks LOGIC !!

you say: "release now and all the people who still doesnt have the phone can go to hell"

i have to think that you are a terrible person

(i wont stop thinking that you lack logic and are way to dense no matter whats the answer for my first question, but at least, you could stop being "evil":P )

pd: the 3gs wont be available in my country till augost, so i doubt that it will make any diference if the current jailbreak is released now or not

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cocchiararo For This Useful Post:

solojames (06-28-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    want a cookie?

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
    No bernie.

I did not once discount you for not owning a 3GS.

your entitled to your view, and i wouldnt have said a thing about your view, i understood it the first time you posted, its just after reading the same view about 5 times i had to say something cause you where spouting **** trolling for a response. if you go to the dev teams blog they have written a brand new article backing up my whole point.

your quote was from the chronic dev team, not the iphone dev team. chronic appear to me to be feeding off of the wizkid that is geohot right now, the only blog posts i care for are geohots or the iphone dev teams, not some lame chronic post getting sentimental on hacking, 'cat and mouse game' lol,

at the moment the jailbreak is possible and if they hold off until 3.0.1 is released (very soon) then it should just be a simple update to the already established tools to jailbreak 3.0.1, both for current owners and any people who buy 3GS between now and the release of 3.0.2

if they release it right now before 3.0.1, and apple updates the iboot, then A WHOLE NEW JAILBREAK WILL HAVE TO BE CREATED. As you have said this is inevitable and will happen. All new iPhones will not be able to be exploited by this iboot method.

A new jailbreak will take a lot longer than an updated redsn0w.

yes, we will have the inevtiable wave of 3GS owners with the updated iBoot, be it at 3.0.1 or 3.0.2 who will be waiting on the new method, but if postponing this release will give the devs more developing time, this equates to less of a waiting time for the end users to jailbreak, which surely = major WIN for the iPhone community

Chronic dev have no real track record, GeoHot seems to do as he pleases but the iPhone Dev Team always evaluate the situation and do whats best for the community whether we like it or not.

So from the dev team with the greatest track record of them all; Dev-Team Blog

I know you understand all of this already, im just restating it each time so people who scroll to the last page are not confused by your views and can see the cold hard facts laid out so they can make their own judgement. Not that any of our judgements will change anything at all.

A) i was responding to whatever that M-guy's name is. We were having a discussion, as in a back and forth, everything i said was in response to him, not just "trolling." And the not owning a 3GS was directed at that same M-guy i mentioned earlier, not you
    iLive an iLife

Thanks

Dev-Team Blog

The needs of the many...
    Spock said it best: “The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few…”

Summary:

We can jailbreak the 3GS right now. But making our jailbreak public at this point in time would benefit relatively few people. It would in fact be detrimental to many more people than it would help. So we feel it’s best to keep our version of the jailbreak out of Apple’s sights for the time being.

Details:

If you already have a 3GS phone and have already done a full USB dump or captured your img3’s signed with your ECID, then you’re in great shape. You will always be able to jailbreak. But many people who plan on getting a 3GS do not yet have one. For instance, many people are waiting for their existing contracts to mature to the point where they get a price break on the 3GS. Many people are trying to sell their 3G before they can buy the 3GS. There are parts of the globe where you can’t even buy a 3GS yet! The reasons are varied, but they are many.

The nature of the 3GS hardware allows Apple to stop IPSWs from being usable unless you’ve already gotten the signed chunks they send to you based on your ECID (a unique chip ID). You cannot get these signed chunks without knowing your ECID, and you don’t know your ECID until you’ve bought your 3GS.

The jailbreak requires at least one signed iBoot-family img3 for your device. And that iBoot needs to have an exploitable bug. It’s an all-or-nothing deal…you either have your signed exploitable iBoot ready to use, for now and forever — always jailbreakable — or you have nothing.

Here’s the critical point, the reason why we’re delaying our version of the jailbreak: Once the jailbreak is out, Apple will fix the iBoot-family bug we use to accomplish it. They will simply stop signing the old iBoots and only sign the fixed ones. If you bought your phone after Apple has done this, there’s nothing you can do…the jailbreak isn’t going to work for you.

It is possible that Apple will find the bug we use without our handing it to them on a silver platter (via a public jailbreak). In that case, we will have delayed our jailbreak for “nothing”. But we’d rather be safe than sorry!

Apple is surely coming out with a 3.0.1 firmware release shortly. They need to fix ultrasn0w. They need to fix some UI issues. 3.0 is buggy and 3.0.1 is coming. We’re going to wait and see what 3.0.1 brings before figuring out the release date for our version of the jailbreak.

In the meantime, we have some remaining 3.0 jailbreak issues to investigate, including push notification. Thanks for being patient with us while we took a 3GS “timeout”!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Will their (geoh) jb include cydia? Not sure if saurik is part of the devteam. So not sure if it's exclusive to devteams releases.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

only blog posts i care for are geohots or the iphone dev teams, not some lame chronic post getting sentimental on hacking, 'cat and mouse game' lol,
    reeko -

I think you might be changing your tune about the chronic dev team very soon
    Last edited by StealthBravo; 06-28-2009 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Well regardless of who releases a jailbreak or when it's released I will be using it and I can't wait. I hope it's soon but I also hope that it doesn't end up screwing over future 3G S owners.
    160GB iPod Classic
    8GB 2G - Firmware 2.2.1 PWN'D
    8GB 3G - Firmware 3.0 PWN'D
    16GB 3G S - Firmware 3.0 Ra1n'n Purple
    64GB iPad 3G - Spirit'd
    32GB iPhone 4

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 305 View Post
    Will their (geoh) jb include cydia? Not sure if saurik is part of the devteam. So not sure if it's exclusive to devteams releases.
    The release includes cydia. And even if Jay objected, the .deb can be easily added

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    reeko -

sb you are a trip! i like u!

Thanks
    Thanked 9,169 Times in 5,675 Posts

+1

Thanks

hah the every day chatter...

Thanks

+18! l0l

Thanks

Sounds like the chronic devs might be making a good name for themselves....and soon.
    160GB iPod Classic
    64GB iPad 3G - Spirit'd
    32GB iPhone 4

18. The Following User Says Thank You to A_DuB187 For This Useful Post:

neonsector (06-28-2009)

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

reeko -

PM....sent

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by A_DuB187 View Post
    Sounds like the chronic devs might be making a good name for themselves....and soon.
    I hope so, I can see the team's point, but here we are waiting for the jb, but we now have to wait for the new patch that apple might not even release for weeks or more, and tryi to protect future iphone 3gs owners?

gimme a break, thats just lame

Thanks

Who ever releases the 3G S jailbreak first is going to get the hype if you think about it I mean the first 3G S jailbreak is a pretty big deal as far as the iPhone community goes.
    160GB iPod Classic
    64GB iPad 3G - Spirit'd
    32GB iPhone 4

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Great news!
    Sux though so far no release and maybe not for a while.. Well until 3.0.1 is released? I would love to have my 3GS jailbreak right now