Page 11 of 106 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 61 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: First official photos of a jailbroken 3G[s] released. Tool not too far away!

Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
    Bernie-Mac, the dev-team have posted exactly what i was saying, but worded it allot simpler for the masses.

I tried but maybe it wasn't quite simple enough for you.

Here:

Dev-Team Blog

You understand better now? Or you still want jailbreak now?

And this doesnt mean the jailbreak stops at 3.0.2, it means that the jailbreak will stop for brand new OTB 3.0.2 iPhones 3GS and after until a new exploit is found.

All other 3GS's before that can use the ECID dump to update to any firmware past 3.0.1 whilst retaining the jailbreak.
    thanks !!!!

I can DEF wait !!

NO MORE NEEDS TO BE SAID!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone salayyad's Avatar
    Thanks

@confucious i didnt think about that. my mistake.
    Last edited by salayyad; 06-28-2009 at 07:11 PM.

everyone buy your 3GS's now you broke sons of btchs

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

@xxzone. To tell you the truth, geohot found several exploits in iboot. That is why I am not too worried about an early release.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

eleazar123 (06-28-2009), terrorgen (06-28-2009), xxzone (06-28-2009)

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
    Bernie-Mac, the dev-team have posted exactly what i was saying, but worded it allot simpler for the masses.

I tried but maybe it wasn't quite simple enough for you.

Here:

Dev-Team Blog

You understand better now? Or you still want jailbreak now?

And this doesnt mean the jailbreak stops at 3.0.2, it means that the jailbreak will stop for brand new OTB 3.0.2 iPhones 3GS and after until a new exploit is found.

All other 3GS's before that can use the ECID dump to update to any firmware past 3.0.1 whilst retaining the jailbreak.

You have a keen perception of the obvious. I knew exactly what you and the devteam are saying this whole time and its not that i dont get it, i dont agree with it. Do you understand that? I. DO. NOT. AGREE. WITH. IT. Is that better for you? I dont care if Obama made an official statement about it, i still wont agree with it. Maybe thats what you dont get, i know what everyone here is saying i just dont think its a smart move but then again im not on the dev team. Thank you for telling me what I already knew genius and yes, I do still want the jailbreak now but my opinion doesnt matter cuz i dont have a 3GS right?

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    @xxzone. To tell you the truth, geohot found several exploits in iboot. That is why I am not too worried about an early release.
    So it wouldnt matter if they released it now? Oh, look at that. Its not like thats what ive been saying the past few pages or anything

Thanks stealth...
    Last edited by Bernie-Mac; 06-28-2009 at 07:24 PM.
    iLive an iLife

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bernie-Mac For This Useful Post:

eleazar123 (06-28-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by Chronic Dev via twitter View Post

chronic dev team
    On Sunday 28th June 2009, @chronicdevteam said:

/me does not like giving into the cat&mouse;game just to get a _little_ ahead, when in the end there will just be another update fixing your hack regardless, then you find another hack, and the cycle continues. life goes on.
    Sounds to me like chronic will be releasing a JB
    Last edited by Andylogo; 06-28-2009 at 07:25 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Andylogo For This Useful Post:

xxzone (06-28-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie-Mac View Post

I do still want the jailbreak now but my opinion doesnt matter cuz i dont have a 3GS right?
    Right

kidding...everyones opinion matters, repetition is just the annoying part of opinions
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Thanks man . Making me love that geo is back on the scene, and devteam is starting to leave a bad taste in my mouth...like chocolate soy milk. I think chronicdevteam's tweet just said it best (and backs up SB)

chronic dev team (chronicdevteam) on Twitter

Andylogo beat me to it Props! competition is good!!!
    Last edited by xxzone; 06-28-2009 at 07:26 PM.

Thanks

[quote=Andylogo;4619621]
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronic Dev via twitter View Post

chronic dev team
    On Sunday 28th June 2009, @chronicdevteam said:

/me does not like giving into the cat&mouse;game just to get a _little_ ahead, when in the end there will just be another update fixing your hack regardless, then you find another hack, and the cycle continues. life goes on.
    QUOTE]
    Oh, a member of the dev team stating what i have been saying. Wow

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    Right

kidding...everyones opinion matters, repetition is just the annoying part of opinions
    Well bringing up my opinion doesnt matter cuz i dont have a 3GS yet was so ludicrous i had to mention it a few times
    Last edited by Bernie-Mac; 06-28-2009 at 07:31 PM.
    iLive an iLife

Oh, a member of the dev team stating what i have been saying. Wow
    And this is why i actually think the iphone_dev team doesn't actually have a jailbreak yet. They're using a lame excuse as a reason not to release something that's going to be broken by apple no matter when they do it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I just wonder how many people who are opposed to the release will download and install it when geohotz and/or chronic releases it. Perhaps they (those who oppose the release of the jb) will wait for the iphone_dev team’s release?
    Last edited by DiverRich; 06-28-2009 at 07:39 PM. Reason: clarification

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

I am thinking it would a smart idea for anyone who plans on unlocking the 3GS to use on another network to go purchase one before apple releases 3.0.1 ,as all the iPhones purchased in store after that release is sure to have the newest firmware already on it, hence possibly blocking any chance of ultrasn0wing....
    That is not necessarily true. Previous iPhones that I have purchased had older firmware on them. The key is to not let them unbox it and update it in the store.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I'm just going to admit I'm an impatient brat. This whole waiting game, teasing us, etc. is just too much. Honestly, I rather their updates only say "We are working on 3GS, we can't say anything else." The fact they go into details and make us salivate just telling us to hang on is the annoying part. If they release 3.0.1, then they will release 3.0.2 and so on. This game will go on forever. So... either drop the jailbreak or move to the side and let someone else do it.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to swiftbmx For This Useful Post:

apwtwenty (06-28-2009), WCR4_6 (06-28-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Jeebus. I say release it already so we can go onto the next topic.

The whole should/shouldn't release the jb has gotten old, fast.

Waited all weekend for this? what a joke

Thanks

Your welcome reeko and Melech (and any of those nameless individuals on the same page as them)
    iLive an iLife

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Bernie-Mac For This Useful Post:

reeko (06-28-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by swiftbmx View Post
    I'm just going to admit I'm an impatient brat. This whole waiting game, teasing us, etc. is just too much. Honestly, I rather their updates only say "We are working on 3GS, we can't say anything else." The fact they go into details and make us salivate just telling us to hang on is the annoying part. If they release 3.0.1, then they will release 3.0.2 and so on. This game will go on forever. So... either drop the jailbreak or move to the side and let someone else do it.

this is true but they only give out info as people keep bugging about it, however I do agree with you on they should just release it or move over but I doubt that will happen , so we just sit and wait !!

NO MORE NEEDS TO BE SAID!!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    That is not necessarily true. Previous iPhones that I have purchased had older firmware on them. The key is to not let them unbox it and update it in the store.
    Please see the screenshot I posted a on the last page. I find it strange apple is now waiting to send out new 3GS's 5-7 business days after purchase. I dont see why they are waiting when stock is fine unless something else is going on...
    Your welcome reeko and Melech (and any of those nameless individuals on the same page as them)
    I am personally starting to change my mind a little. Like I said earlier I am ALWAYS in favor of the jailbreak asap, as I have a 3GS already that i need to be unlocked to use, and another one on the way.

All I was saying before is that I can wait if I need to, if it helps the vast majority in the long run to hold the release. Now, I dont see the need to wait....
    Last edited by Melech518; 06-28-2009 at 07:55 PM.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Please see the screenshot I posted a on the last page. I find it strange apple is now waiting to send out new 3GS's 5-7 business days after purchase. I dont see why they are waiting when stock is fine unless something else is going on...
    I personally think that the 5-7 day shipping line is standard fare, especially for a hot item like the iPhone. I wouldn't read too much into it.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

I told you all chronic dev team don't give a crap and will release a GUI version of their jailbreak soon. Get your popcorn ready!

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

Bleeditout2130 (06-28-2009), name00 (06-28-2009)

Page 11 of 106 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 61 ... LastLast