+ Reply
Page 10 of 106 FirstFirst ... 89101112 20 60 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: First official photos of a jailbroken 3G[s] released. Tool not too far away!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by StealthBravo Should I start a poll? It will be 3 weeks before Apple drops an update on us. Should the dev team wait or should they release
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Should I start a poll? It will be 3 weeks before Apple drops an update on us. Should the dev team wait or should they release it right away? Of course none of this matters because geohot and chronic team will release theirs about 5 minutes after they are done with the GUI.
    Don't you just love biased Polls?

It will be 3 weeks before Apple drops an update on us.
    Source?

I really hope Geo and Chronic don't ruin it for everyone but I have a feeling they might.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    The Dev team will make an announcement tomorrow as to why they do not think as you do.
    I quite honestly think the dev team don't have an exploit yet and certainly havn't used it to jailbreak a phone yet. That's my guess as to why they think it's best to wait.

Thanks

OK, using this logic, i can say the jailbreak will be released tomorrow at 5:49AM GMT, then confucious uses my statement as a source. It then becomes a fact? No.

Where has this 3 week figure come from? if theres a legitimate source fair play but ive read nothing anywhere about 3 weeks.

And the grace period from 3.0.1 to 3.0.2 will be longer than from now to 3.0.1, even if its 3 weeks, so theres my reason.

the only way you can say this is unrational is if you currently own a 3GS and are quite remarkably selfish
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Andylogo View Post
    I quite honestly think the dev team don't have an exploit yet and certainly havn't used it to jailbreak a phone yet. That's my guess as to why they think it's best to wait.
    We know they haven't, planetbeing has said they are lagging geo by 24 hours on this one. But if you believe that is their reason you really don't know the Dev Team.

Anyway, I'm off to sleep now. I hope Geo or Chronic don't ruin things for everyone.

Nite all.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie-Mac View Post
    I do get it. Were going to have a grace period now. Stealth, the one you trust so much, said we wont see 3.0.1 for a few weeks so whether the grace period is between 3.0 and 3.0.1 or 3.0.1 and 3.0.2 we still have one so why not enjoy it now? And, as stated before, this exploit is going to be patched sooner or later so why not just release it now?
    You don't even own a 3GS...why are you still pushing the jailbreak. It doesnt affect you at all whether it is released today or in weeks from now. The Devs have never done us wrong. My suggestion, which I already know you have zero respect for, is to just be patient and wait. Look at how everyone pissed and moaned over ultrasn0w taking too long to be released, but when it was finally released everyone praised the Devs because it is STABLE! They know what they are doing and nothing we say here is going to push or delay the jailbreak of 3.0, 3.0.1, etc.. But I guess there are always those who feel the need to complain continuously about the release of a FREE program others are working hard to make available to EVERYONE. I would love to see someone at your job stand over you the entire time you are working shouting "are you done yet?""Do it already, we want it!""What are you waiting for?"
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Melech518 For This Useful Post:

reeko (06-28-2009), sputnik2000 (06-28-2009)

Thanks

Just because someone doesn't own a 3Gs doesn't meant that they can't anticipate a jailbreak or want it

8. The Following User Says Thank You to z3r01 For This Useful Post:

Bernie-Mac (06-28-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    You don't even own a 3GS...why are you still pushing the jailbreak. It doesnt affect you at all whether it is released today or in weeks from now. The Devs have never done us wrong. My suggestion, which I already know you have zero respect for, is to just be patient and wait. Look at how everyone pissed and moaned over ultrasn0w taking too long to be released, but when it was finally released everyone praised the Devs because it is STABLE! They know what they are doing and nothing we say here is going to push or delay the jailbreak of 3.0, 3.0.1, etc.. But I guess there are always those who feel the need to complain continuously about the release of a FREE program others are working hard to make available to EVERYONE. I would love to see someone at your job stand over you the entire time you are working shouting "are you done yet?""Do it already, we want it!""What are you waiting for?"
    +1

Suck it up, Sucker

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

The issue here is the decision to release a program. Just because I do not have a 3GS yet means I cannot give my opinion on a decision of a group of individuals? You are doing the same thing I am, arguing your opinions, so why am I the wrong one here? Is it because I dont agree with you or is it because I do not have a 3GS? Oh, thats right, its cuz i dont have a 3GS yet. Lol, really? Thats your point now? Well I guess you have nothing else to go back on. I am not complaining or whining or whatever, I am giving my opinion that they should release it now and I gave my points to back that up. You are all doing the same thing as me except you are pushing them not to release it now. That makes your arguement better than mine? Oh wait, its cuz I dont have a 3GS yet right? Lol, when you guys try bring that up as a legit argument, thats where you validity ends. You are insulting me for "pushing" the dev team to release it when you are "pushing" them not to. Lol you guys are a joke. Since i "dont belong" in this forum Ill walk out, have fun
    Last edited by Bernie-Mac; 06-28-2009 at 05:37 PM.
    iLive an iLife

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

I hope Geo or Chronic, or The Dev team give us the J/B before 3.0.1 comes out....so all we have to do is just not upgrade to 3.0.1 in till it is J/B.

Thanks

@Bernie-Mac

OK, using this logic, i can say the jailbreak will be released tomorrow at 5:49AM GMT, then confucious uses my statement as a source. It then becomes a fact? No.

Where has this 3 week figure come from? if theres a legitimate source fair play but ive read nothing anywhere about 3 weeks.

And the grace period from 3.0.1 to 3.0.2 will be longer than from now to 3.0.1, even if its 3 weeks, so theres my reason.

Suck it up, Sucker

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post

the only way you can say this is unrational is if you currently own a 3GS and are quite remarkably selfish
    The 3 week grace period is from Stealth, the one you trust. Also, he seems to be extremely knowledgable on this subject so I would believe him. And also, how do you know the period from 3.0.1 to 3.0.2 wont be 3 weeks? Oh, thats right you dont.

Its true what that say, you really cant argue with idiots. Have a nice thread guys
    Last edited by Bernie-Mac; 06-28-2009 at 05:41 PM.
    iLive an iLife

Thanks

PLEASE READ WHAT THE DEVS JUST RELEASED Dev-Team Blog

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

I have no source for three weeks, that is speculation. I only know one person who works for Apple and I can't stand the old lady.

I thought that Apple didn't release another firmware
    after 2.0 until 2-3 weeks later. All I can say is if 3.01 comes out within the next 5 days, then the dev team will be first to release. If not then we will all be singing the joys of purplera1n

16. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

xxzone (06-28-2009)

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

tick tock, tick tock

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

How many 3gs's have been sold now! Over 1 million last I saw.
    I think the percentage of phones on the market already well warrants the JB to be released. If you waited to purchase one, then "you snooze you loose" comes to mind.
    I have my file made to downgrade and anyone remotely interested in JB'ing should have theirs already. If they can't figure it out, they best not be doing anything to their phone.
    Like Bernie-Mac said, there will be multiple FW releases with JB to follow, so why not release it.

Smitty
    Last edited by smittyjf; 06-28-2009 at 05:50 PM.

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    I have no source for three weeks, that is speculation. I only know one person who works for Apple and I can't stand the old lady.

I thought that Apple didn't release another firmware
    after 2.0 until 2-3 weeks later. All I can say is if 3.01 comes out within the next 5 days, then the dev team will be first to release. If not then we will all be singing the joys of purplera1n
    Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    tick tock, tick tock
    ^+2

Thanks

Bernie-Mac, the dev-team have posted exactly what i was saying, but worded it allot simpler for the masses.

I tried but maybe it wasn't quite simple enough for you.

Here:

Dev-Team Blog

You understand better now? Or you still want jailbreak now?

And this doesnt mean the jailbreak stops at 3.0.2, it means that the jailbreak will stop for brand new OTB 3.0.2 iPhones 3GS and after until a new exploit is found.

All other 3GS's before that can use the ECID dump to update to any firmware past 3.0.1 whilst retaining the jailbreak.
    Last edited by reeko; 06-28-2009 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Suck it up, Sucker

21. The Following User Says Thank You to reeko For This Useful Post:

Melech518 (06-28-2009)

Thanks

all I know is that y'all should get your "purplera1n" on! I did.

Thanks

Ok, so I found this interesting...I went to the apple online store a few minutes ago and purchased yet another 3GS, just to have on the 3.0 firmware, purchased the 2 day shipping, and apple states it will not be shipped for 5-7 business days?? What are they up to now??

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    We know they haven't, planetbeing has said they are lagging geo by 24 hours on this one. But if you believe that is their reason you really don't know the Dev Team.

Anyway, I'm off to sleep now. I hope Geo or Chronic don't ruin things for everyone.

Nite all.
    Why don't you quit posting you hope they don't ruin it for everyone? They are different exploits, so worse case geo's gets blocked and the dev-teams doesn't.