Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Exciting new stuff from Rock Your Phone! Anti-Bricker & Rock Extensions 0.94

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Default Exciting new stuff from Rock Your Phone! Anti-Bricker & Rock Extensions 0.94

The Rock Your Phone automated recovery tool (named Anti-Bricker™)

Today, I was given the opportunity to try out two new exciting additions to the Rock Your Phone family. First one was Anti-Bricker™, which is a automated spinning wheel of death recovery tool. This tool is especially exciting with 3.0 now released to the public. If you decide to blow off all warnings and install an app that is known to cause problems, Rock Your Phone has created you a safety net. Today I decided to install a few items that I knew would give me the dreaded SWOD. Anti-Bricker™ was able to see the boot problem and automatically fixed the issue and allowed me to boot to the springboard and remove the problem application in Cydia.

From Rock Your Phone:
    The Rock Your Phone automated recovery tool (named Anti-Bricker™) will ensure you never experience the classic iPhone won't start issue.
    As there are so many combinations of independent application installations, there continues to be a possibility for a conflict. While we have taken every precaution on the phone to prevent the issue, the reality is not every scenario can be handled directly on the iPhone.

To alleviate the need to restore your iPhone when a conflict does exist, the Rock Your Phone client automatically detects an error and prompts the user for permission to fix. Within ~75 seconds, your iPhone will be working perfectly again!
    Technical Info:

- Partially removes Rock Extensions and MobileSubstrate - These two items are the hook into causing problems (although neither of them actually cause any issues). Allows you to boot your phone, so you can uninstall the offending problem. (You’ll have to reinstall both but this will save you from having to restore your phone).

No More Guessing why you’re in Safe Mode! - Rock Extensions Auto Detects the root cause.

The second update I installed is Rock Extensions 0.94 (now in beta). While it is exciting to have 3.0 finally released, there are still a lot of developers who are playing catch up to bring compatibility for 3.0 to their apps. If you have ever installed a mod or an application and had constant crashing into safe mode, this tool is for you. To alleviate the finger pointing, and help speed up bug resolutions, Rock Extensions 0.94 autodetects which library is causing the safe mode and submits a bug report which includes the method causing the problem. This will speed bug resolution greatly – as typically, developers have had no idea what’s causing the problem – now, with Rock Extensions pinpointing the issue, developers can focus on the root cause of problem as opposed to their entire code base (which has usually lead to ignoring the issue due to not knowing where to fix in the past). This extension will be a powerful tool for developers and allow the end user a more pleasurable experience

To simulate a conflict, I used the power option in sbsettings. I went into safe mode three times in a row. On the third entry into safe mode I received a notice letting me know that the conflict might have to do with SBSettings.dylib. This is a very useful tool for developers and users to pin point their crashing issues.

Last edited by StealthBravo; 06-27-2009 at 01:33 PM.

2. The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

aboudiiiiii (06-27-2009), AngryLemming (06-30-2009), detmills (06-27-2009), Gigerstreak (06-26-2009), gio g03 (06-27-2009), ironbesterer (07-01-2009), JackSway3003 (06-27-2009), jballard (06-29-2009), LEVMAN (06-27-2009), milder (06-27-2009), Miro89 (06-27-2009), mmantro (06-27-2009), mYiPhOnE7 (07-01-2009), namdoan85 (06-27-2009), neonsector (06-27-2009), punkgirl (06-28-2009), Schory (06-27-2009), skeredmobile (06-28-2009), slik (06-27-2009), T.A. (04-17-2010), Tater24 (06-27-2009), usmcxmodmyi (06-28-2009), Windmeel (06-28-2009), xxfr0stbytexx (06-26-2009)

jailbroken 3GS?
    THANK OR DIE

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to stereo313 For This Useful Post:

chriskaraokeman (06-30-2009), Iaurt (06-27-2009), jballard (06-29-2009), shoemann (06-28-2009)

wow xcelent sounds good...
    i'll go check it out...

I am seeing Compass and Nike on this phone.. 3GS? Even though I do not have a Nike icon on my 3GS... How is it that this is jailbroken?

Quote Originally Posted by Daiskei View Post
    I am seeing Compass and Nike on this phone.. 3GS? Even though I do not have a Nike icon on my 3GS... How is it that this is jailbroken?
    you can turn the nike app on and off in settings.
    THANK OR DIE

yeh so that means its 3GS ? cool

If you haven't noticed, the jailbreak for the 3GS is confirmed and he probably already jailbroke his.
    Join swagbucks and win a free iPod touch or iPhone just by searching the web!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Okay, I know you're trying to tease us xD Just like you did with your jailbroken 3.0 screenie demonstrating the AIM Developer Beta. 3GS Jailbreak soooooon, I smell it

But anyway, back on topic, I am so glad to finally see a tool like this. Even though I experienced more SWOD's back in the 1.1.x days, I know I've seen at least a few wheels on 2.x but none on 3.0 yet (I haven't used 3.0 on anything else but a 3GS ). Hopefully if I ever run into the dreaded wheel again, this will be able to help me out!

Btw, is it only for Windows?

or he's just fronting
    THANK OR DIE

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stereo313 View Post
    or he's just fronting
    If that is the case, then, SB, then you are extremely good at building up excitement.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Jordo_6's Avatar
    Thanks

I used to get the 'Possible Conflict' screen when hitting safe mode, but I only have intelliscreen

Follow up: We've already solved a problem with IntelliScreen and a separate issue with IntelliDial using this tool in the last 12 hours
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

Doesn't RockYourPhone also jailbreak?

He is jailbroken, so he can make any program use the default compas icon. Notice labels are off? Could be any program and some trickery.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xxzone View Post
    He is jailbroken, so he can make any program use the default compas icon. Notice labels are off? Could be any program and some trickery.
    Yeah, but why would he do that? D:

Im kinda lost... This sounds really handy to have? Now does 3GS need to be jailbroken? IS it possible? I know there is talk but nothing for a app. to run.

five icon dock too

Since we know how to decrypt 3.0 firmware, it's not hard to put the Compass icon, and Nike icon onto any phone.

Thanks
    Nice stuFF! available soon for the S hopefully!!!

Thanks

This tool will make life easier for developers and consumers alike. Very nice.
    160GB iPod Classic
    8GB 2G - Firmware 2.2.1 PWN'D
    8GB 3G - Firmware 3.0 PWN'D
    16GB 3G S - Firmware 3.0 Ra1n'n Purple
    64GB iPad 3G - Spirit'd
    32GB iPhone 4

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast