+ Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Exciting new stuff from Rock Your Phone! Anti-Bricker & Rock Extensions 0.94

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Is anti-bricker included automatically or do i have to buy an application from RYP in order to use it? --Disclaimer: I downloaded the newest software, used it, softjailbroke, and have
    My iPhone is a Part of Me klouud's Avatar
    Thanks

Is anti-bricker included automatically or do i have to buy an application from RYP in order to use it?

--Disclaimer: I downloaded the newest software, used it, softjailbroke, and have the RYP app on my phone
    --I also am jailbroken thru redsn0w

I still don't understand how to use the anti-bricker... does it automatically activate itself when there is a problem or do I have to hook my iPhone up to my computer to run it through the PC software?

thanx

tim

Thanks
    Thanked 9,122 Times in 2,709 Posts

As stated on my previous post, I believe it is integrated within the RYP client on your computer. There is NOTHING on the RYP website about a separate application for this. And, yes, the phone has to be connected to the computer, then launch the RYP client on the computer. The website shows a screenshot of the function / tool within the RYP client on the computer, so I presume what I stated to be true. See the link: Get Rocking
    From their website: " To alleviate the need to restore your iPhone when a conflict does exist, the Rock Your Phone client automatically detects an error and prompts the user for permission to fix. Within ~75 seconds, your iPhone will be working perfectly again! "

Hopefully you don't have to find out if it works at all.
    Last edited by metaserph; 06-29-2009 at 09:50 AM. Reason: Added comments, screenies.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to metaserph For This Useful Post:

klouud (06-29-2009), Lil Street (06-29-2009), Spydertech (07-01-2009)

My iPhone is a Part of Me klouud's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by metaserph View Post
    As stated on my previous post, I believe it is integrated within the RYP client on your computer. There is NOTHING on the RYP website about a separate application for this. And, yes, the phone has to be connected to the computer, then launch the RYP client on the computer. The website shows a screenshot of the function / tool within the RYP client on the computer, so I presume what I stated to be true. See the link: Get Rocking
    From their website: " To alleviate the need to restore your iPhone when a conflict does exist, the Rock Your Phone client automatically detects an error and prompts the user for permission to fix. Within ~75 seconds, your iPhone will be working perfectly again! "

Hopefully you don't have to find out if it works at all.
    ::hit the thanx button::

Thanx a bunch. Sorry, I needed this point to be crystal clear.

tim

EDIT: Ok so check it out. I attempted to install RYP on my other iPhone (same fw and hardware) and had an issue when entering DFU mode. I rebooted the phone and it automatically went into recovery mode. All I did was exit out of RYP (like the pop up said to) and re-launched it. The restore program automatically came up and restarted my phone in normal mode!

So I do not think that the RYP iPhone app needs to be installed onto the phone in order to use the "Anti-Bricker". Correct me if I'm wrong tho.
    Last edited by klouud; 06-29-2009 at 12:59 PM.

Thanks

You are correct, the same thing happened to me. However, after installing the RYP client on my computer and connecting the phone while on RYP client, it looked at the phone's install, found some updates (just asks you if you want it to reboot your phone), after the reboot all was working fine. Maybe it's included on the RYP extension on the phone too, but It mostly works through the client version, in my opinion. On the phone side, it disables the RYP extensions until the re-boot. Then the client updates them, has to have the initial yet unstable install to have something to update. Just my thoughts...
    Thanks for the "thanks". Keep "rocking dude".

Banned
    Thanks
    1) Does 'Rock Your Phone' work in iphone 1G?

2) Do you need to install it in the iphone?

3) Where do you download it from?

Thanks

I believe it works on 1G. Download from Cydia, then register at rockyourphone.com.

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by metaserph View Post
    I believe it works on 1G. Download from Cydia, then register at rockyourphone.com.
    metaserph, thanks for the info.

Thanks

Merci!

Thanks

Useful, for sure.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Yea it works

iPhone? More like MyPhone djjessejames's Avatar
    Tha Hills & Valley of the Sticky Icky Icky...ooo wee.
    Thanks

hmmm, will have to try, getting conflict issues like mad.

Previously known as psuskeels
    Thanks

obla: yes - it works on the 2G. Technically - the antibricker actually works without even having Rock Your Phone installed on the phone (have to have root access on the phone though - like diskaid for example)
    kloud: Yes - it's integrated into the desktop app (because we don't really like "services" running in the background, you do have to launch the desktop client for the Anti-Bricker to work .
    Metaserph: Yep - it's hard to get the phone from recovery back to normal.. so we built it into the desktop client so you don't have to do a restore if u accidentally (or purposely) get into Recovery Mode but want to keep using the phone without a restore
    Last edited by skeels; 07-02-2009 at 12:04 PM.
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to skeels For This Useful Post:

metaserph (07-02-2009)

Thanks

psuskeels, as with anything technology, the journey preempts either pain or growth, most times both. Kudos on taking the time to address issues with the updates. Very well integrated solution to the problem. Look forward to new innovative solutions from the company.

Cheers!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to metaserph For This Useful Post:

skeels (07-09-2009)

iPhone? More like MyPhone GrabYourWeapons's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reanimationxp View Post

hahaha! never heard of that site before, that's awesome! (LMGTFY lol)
    16GB iPhone 3G S⃣ White
    8GB iPhone 3G Black
    30GB iPod Classic

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default RockYourPhone should be called BrickYourPhone :(
    I just downloaded the desktop client, and then did the soft unlock thing that it says to do on my 2G Jailbroken by Redsnow 3.0 phone. It went to restart, and now I get the Swirling Wheel of Death... arrrrrgh. anyone know what I can do? Do I really have to restore and re-jailbreak again???!!

Previously known as psuskeels
    Thanks

metaserph: I hope MyWi was innovative enough for you . thanks for the feedback
    Chiefschick: I'm sure you restored by now. Did you leave the phone plugged in with the desktop client on? Rock Your Phone will self-fix (although i'd love to see your system log to see what was happening. Btw - you can install via Cydia
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

+ Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345