Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Exciting new stuff from Rock Your Phone! Anti-Bricker & Rock Extensions 0.94

Argghhh! Im just wanting to see a jailbreak for iPhone 3GS lol
    Not sure whether to believe if the picture is real or not. My 3G has the battery percentage and I can change any icon to look like Nike icon lol
    Dev Team, jailbreak 3GS

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by metaljay View Post
    because he dontated our money he got the jailbreak. the bastard
    ??? He who?

Ok, heres how i KNOW, its not a Jailbroken 3GS.

1. 5 Icon Dock, not yet ported. trust me. i KNOW.
    2. i can EASILY spoof Compass App and Nike+ App. You can install the Compass toy in Cydia as a matter of fact.
    3. and finally, click his initial screenshot of the program itself, it says Tom's iPhone 3G. Somethings missing.. hmmmm.... maybe the [S].

There ya go, no Jailbroken 3GS, just a clever one who got you guys thinking hehe =) 3GS jailbreak coming out soon though, according to Dev Team Twitter that is.

Hope this helped!

He could have his iPhone 3G And added the percentage battery from SBsettings and the compass app could have been modified from winterboard. Like use the compass app photo to replace an app photo to make it look like he has an jailbroken 3GS
    Owner of: iPhone 4S, 4, 3GS, 3G, 2G
    Check out my theme: Metallic Shine HD (+SD) in Cydia
    Leave feedback and thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RonHC View Post
    He could have his iPhone 3G And added the percentage battery from SBsettings and the compass app could have been modified from winterboard. Like use the compass app photo to replace an app photo to make it look like he has an jailbroken 3GS
    Ya, that's what I said in my previous post. Well have to wait and see... :/

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by metaljay View Post
    because he dontated our money he got the jailbreak. the bastard
    When a jailbreak goes public, I will add everyone's name to the article who donated. Thanks again. I told you it would help

Quote Originally Posted by prism2unit View Post
    Ok, heres how i KNOW, its not a Jailbroken 3GS.

1. 5 Icon Dock, not yet ported. trust me. i KNOW.
    2. i can EASILY spoof Compass App and Nike+ App. You can install the Compass toy in Cydia as a matter of fact.
    3. and finally, click his initial screenshot of the program itself, it says Tom's iPhone 3G. Somethings missing.. hmmmm.... maybe the [S].

There ya go, no Jailbroken 3GS, just a clever one who got you guys thinking hehe =) 3GS jailbreak coming out soon though, according to Dev Team Twitter that is.

Hope this helped!
    For one 5 icon dock, is ported trust me I KNOW, I talk to saurik several times a week. I had 5 icon dock running on 3.0 Beta 4 Secondly I didn't spoof an app because that is just plain dumb. Third the initial screenshot is from the developer, if you had looked real close you would have seen it says it is running 2.2.1 lol

Quote Originally Posted by RonHC View Post
    This thread is not about the 3GS jailbreak. It is about are really cool addition to the Rock Your Phone family. Stop posting about 3GS jailbreaks, take it to another thread for speculation about it. Give the Rock Your Phone application the respect it deserves, it is a very good program.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

skeels (06-27-2009)

You post that and expect people not to speculate? That in iself is shortsided. The rock your iphon stuff looks cool, but I think your reaction to the jailbreak talk is overboard.

Plus you could have stopped the whole thing hours ago by commenting on it right away. Geez no one was going overboard, they were excited and hoping it was legit. It's great to be a moderator, but pick your battles for something that is out of bounds.
    Last edited by xxzone; 06-27-2009 at 01:33 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xxzone View Post
    You post that and expect people not to speculate? That in iself is shortsided. The rock your iphon stuff looks cool, but I think your reaction to the jailbreak talk is overboard.
    I don't know what I said that was overboard. I just simply asked people to stay on topic of the thread. If you want to start a new thread about 3GS jailbreak speculation than please do so. I would be happy to post there. I love talking about the jailbreaking process. I haven't posted anything here because I respect the developer and do not want this thread hijacked. I went ahead and removed the screenshots.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

xxzone (06-27-2009)

Maybe I misunderstood things then...just confusing when someone previews/reviews an app that requires you to be jailbroken, that you don't want people talking about jailbreaking?! But you guys run the show, so I'll respect that. Thank you for letting me voice my opinion without threatening with the ban hammer (like a lot of places).

Not that it matters, but I gained a lot of respect for you (and these forums) due to that.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xxzone View Post
    Maybe I misunderstood things then...just confusing when someone previews/reviews an app that requires you to be jailbroken, that you don't want people talking about jailbreaking?! But you guys run the show, so I'll respect that. Thank you for letting me voice my opinion without threatening with the ban hammer (like a lot of places).

Not that it matters, but I gained a lot of respect for you (and these forums) due to that.
    I understand your point. All I can say is that this program does require you to jailbreak your device, whether it be a iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPod 1G or iPod 2G. So if you need help jailbreaking those devices, we have setup an area for jailbreaking discussion. Jailbreaking Discussion

Thanks for the dialog tho bro

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Lol, you kind of were asking for it by posting a screenshot that shows a jailbroken 3GS.

I've had the Rock app since it came out and it's soooo much better than Cydia, has a nicer UI, landscape mode, alerts you of updates to apps without you actually going into the app and none off those "Reloading data" cr*p you get in Cydia for agggees and Cydia is slow and crashes more than Rock!!!

Too bad Rock doesn't have as many packages as Cydia though, the only con.
    Last edited by MetallicaFan1991; 06-27-2009 at 03:49 PM.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MetallicaFan1991 For This Useful Post:

skeels (06-27-2009)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default RYP is great!
    I've been using Rock Your Phone apps since I got my 3g 4 months ago. I also am using them on 3.0, and things are working just fine. Great apps, I highly recommend for anyone.
    Intelliscreen and MyProfiles are fantastic, and I couldn't do without them. They're the only reason I don't own a 3gs yet, I wouldn't want a phone without them.
    Another thing, I've had a few problems with the RYP apps in the past, and the support is top notch. I regularly received help and suggestions, and answers to my questions.
    Great apps, great service, what more could you ask for!

At the same time, let's make sure Saurik gets his dues. Cydia is also great, and been around longer. Now that RYP is in Cydia, the teamwork is truly amazing.

Keep rocking apps!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to jimmythebook For This Useful Post:

skeels (06-27-2009)

wow When I downloaded this in cydia it froze my phone for 45 min! Thats Irony!!! DELETING NOW!

Thanks

You can install the useless compass on 3G as stated earlier you can install the Nike app on 3G, the percentage battery works on 3G using SBSettings so just shut up and move along the 3GS jailbreak will be here soon and even if it has been made the dev team would not want a bunch of idiots messing up their phones because they cannot follow something with more that 4 mouse clicks.

iPhone? More like MyPhone vedavis's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Hoo...Hoo...Hoo...
    Staying on Topic...seems to be a prob on this site. Anyway, I really miss Vonagent on the 3G S. And from what I gather from the past, Rock is a rogue who has the smarts to get the 3G S figured out. IntelliScreen has always been a killer app.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by A.T View Post
    Lol, you kind of were asking for it by posting a screenshot that shows a jailbroken 3GS.

I've had the Rock app since it came out and it's soooo much better than Cydia, has a nicer UI, landscape mode, alerts you of updates to apps without you actually going into the app and none off those "Reloading data" cr*p you get in Cydia for agggees and Cydia is slow and crashes more than Rock!!!

Too bad Rock doesn't have as many packages as Cydia though, the only con.
    Comparing Cydia to Rock is pretty ludicrous. I just installed the Rock app, UNWILLINGLY I might add, and it just isn't happening. Do I need another application to download apps? No. Did I ask for another one? No, but I got it.

The reloading in Cydia is replaced inside of Rock by little swirrling icons next to Apps I have that they offer. Same difference. Icy will not load anything unless I refresh the sources so that one is out too.

Cydia is the App handler second only to the Appstore as far as accessing the greatest amounts of Apps. I do not have any crashes in Cydia nor does the Reloading take for aaagggeeeesss.

Rock will never have as many apps as Cydia because that is not what it is designed for.

Here's a question for those who have Rock though....I tried to install it...the package messed up..finally got things going..but then Rock, to put the app on my phone, claims I need to RE-unlock and whatnot...why?? I'm not going to go through installing all the stuff I have on here from Cydia again for an app that only has free trials of SOME things I might use...granted, looks nice, and I bet the apps are great, but I don't think it's worth the time...anyone know of a fix?

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

When I installed Intelliscreen it automatically installed Rock. Try it that way maybe.

Cool, I think that's fixed the problem...I was thinking I was crazy--I knew surely they wouldn't make you go through all that.

Default Back on Title
    True we should remain on topic, did get a little carried away cuz w/out the jb my 3Gs is kind ok. Anyhow back to the topic the reason I need the jb is because of the main topic ROCKYOURPHONE folk and intelliborn mostly. Elert, intelliscreen and myprofiles and regarding the earlier discussion on APP delivery methods, I do think the rockapp displays better than cydia though I love cydia for many things, the rock app outlines available packages better and yea I'm not a fan of the cydia loading.... status. Remember also that RockAPP has paid apps only which gives them more funding for better developement. Hell they put the Jailbreak in one application which is pretty seamless and now they've proved resourceful in avoiding or restoring jb'ed phones from crashes. Good job RYP, now JB the 3Gs so I can get back my intelliscreen. Thanks!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast