+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: White iPhone 3GS turn Brown on Overheating?!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
There seems to be some new issues with the iPhone 3GS, besides the sound issues reported before. Instead of cracking like the iPhone 3G, the iPhone 3GS turns brown if
    Thanks

Question White iPhone 3GS turn Brown on Overheating?!
    There seems to be some new issues with the iPhone 3GS, besides the sound issues reported before. Instead of cracking like the iPhone 3G, the iPhone 3GS turns brown if overheated!

A user claims discoloration of his iPhone due to overheating, possibly because of excessive 3G and GPS usage. It seems like an outline of the battery inside which got overheated badly, though not bad enough to burn someone's lap . . .

This issue seems be unique to the user as there are no other reports of such discoloration of any new White iPhone 3GS' and we hope it remains unique. The user reports that his phone has been sent in for analysis and he might be getting a replacement soon.

[NowhereElse via Engadget]

iPhone? More like MyPhone marys25's Avatar
    Thanks

that looks more like a dark red...also a purple....tho it hasn't happen to mine yet

Thanks

I never buy white phones anyway... any dirt or anything shows up clearly. Black is the way to go imo.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am sure apple would supply a replacement if this happens to anyone. Hopefully it doesn't happen to mine, but I am sure that a quick call would resolve the issue

Thanks

Wow they need liquid cooling that would help alot but its just a phone

Thanks

Terrible news.

iPhone? More like MyPhone dchandler's Avatar
    Thanks

I bought the White 32gig and had to take mine back once already because my screen stopped work, i hope my phone dont turn colors on me too.

iPhone? More like MyPhone marys25's Avatar
    Thanks

i had to get mine replaced cause the camera was conflicting with the hardware...dont ask me how but it wouldn't take pic's or vid's and when i retored the camera app crashed and would reboot the phone...they replaced it right away

Thanks

Hmmm im sure this will probably wont be a huge problem. I havent noticed my 3G S getting very warm at all and i can do ALOT of browsing sometimes. My 3G used to get pretty hot but my 3G S has not gotten hot yet so because of that i thought they might have done something to maybe make it less likely to over heat. At least mines black though just in case....
    160GB iPod Classic
    8GB 2G - Firmware 2.2.1 PWN'D
    8GB 3G - Firmware 3.0 PWN'D
    16GB 3G S - Firmware 3.0 Ra1n'n Purple
    64GB iPad 3G - Spirit'd
    32GB iPhone 4

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

Also sometimes the dye from pants can stain objects in your pocket like this. Looks purple to me also.

Is it me or does the word iPhone look different between those 2 pics?
    Last edited by Cer0; 06-26-2009 at 08:23 PM.

Thanks

I would just keep getting it replaced until they did something about it. No reason to get a screen protector or a cover if they are going to be replacing it every week...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cerote View Post
    Is it me or does the word iPhone look different between those 2 pics?
    Just the lighting from each pic, it's just the way the chrome was reflecting

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

well I just noticed 2 small imperfections on my 32gig white iphone in the lower left / right sides of the screen. Lucky for me Best Buy rep that sold it to me refused to take it back and replace it. So i called for the Manager and not only did they replace it but they also threw in a bonus of unlimited txt / mms messages onto my package

Now if only Rogers would offer true unlimited data for a reasonable price I would be very happy. Guess I will have to deal with the 6gig package for $30 a month

Thanks

Sh!t, I hope this don't happen to my 32gig

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

Black all the way!!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to A Retired Mod For This Useful Post:

iMack007 (06-29-2009)

Thanks

Perhaps the "S" stands for stain?

Maybe its a new feature of the 3GS, an overheating warning before it burns the hands! I hope the discoloration is not permanent, like it turns brown when overheating then returns to normal color! that would be a great unannounced feature!
    Last edited by vincentpjimenez; 06-26-2009 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Only "problem" I noticed on my 3GS is that sometimes the backlight doesn't turn on but the display is on. I can use the phone and all but there is no backlight until I press the sleep button and wake the phone, then the phone is normal.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well... I just took my iPhone 3G to the Genius... Condescending Bar today reporting my black 16GB 3G overheating while in talk. 2 stories later.... "You have too many apps downloaded into the phone"... Ha! (6GB worth), then "you are running on the original profile you created when you registered your 1st iPhone and you need to fully back up every time you update your hardware and re-register under a new profile"... are you kiddin' me?????? Such bullcrap!!!! Then he takes out his little scope and notices that there is a pink stripe inside the bottom dock connector. Then proceeds to tell me that the phone has been submerged. Keep in mind that this phone was a refurbished phone which 2 months ago they gave me in replacement of a unit which was I was having network problems with and a dead pixel which I could not rescue. Then tells me (of course) that this waves the phones warranty. Offers me a service replacement of the same model (3G) for $199. Such crap. If any of you know what else I should do or how I can escalate this issue please reply to this post.

Thanks

Just like last year, I was just about to go and buy one, then some crap rises to the surface to deter me (that's if I hear of any other reports)...ughhhhh
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

Green Apple
    Thanks

hey it's summer let your phone get a tan