+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: White iPhone 3GS turn Brown on Overheating?!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by marys25 i had to get mine replaced cause the camera was conflicting with the hardware...dont ask me how but it wouldn't take pic's or vid's and when
    Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by marys25 View Post
    i had to get mine replaced cause the camera was conflicting with the hardware...dont ask me how but it wouldn't take pic's or vid's and when i retored the camera app crashed and would reboot the phone...they replaced it right away
    Same here, my iPhone 2G started rebooting everytime I tried to take a pic, but I realized it only used to happen when the iPhone was conencted to the PC.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Overheat discoloration
    The same used to happen to the White macbook. However, Apple claimed that it was my fault and not the over heat.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I hope this doesn't happen with both of my white phones. Good thing I've got connections at my local Apple Store.
    UMBP 15.4" 2.93Ghz 1TB 7200RPM RAID 0 8GB
    4TB AppleTV
    16GB White iPhone 3G
    32GB White iPhone 3G S⃣
    mac Mini 2.26Ghz 4GB 2x500GB 7200RPM RAID 0

iPhone? More like MyPhone riku98523's Avatar
    Thanks

I like the posts talking about black to keep it dirt free. Like a black car dirt will show up more on the black iPhone. The white iPhone will reflect light making it hard to see any dirt but a black iPhone that absorbs more light will make you able to see all the detail including the amount of dirt.

I hope this guy gets his iPhone replaced, I am thinking its just a defect in his phone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Mista Brothason's Avatar
    Thanks

Busted up to all the white phones, black was always better imho.
    64 GB iPhone 4S on 5.1.1 Jailbroken & Unlocked
    64 GB iPad 3 on 5.1.1 Jailbroken

iPhone? More like MyPhone Doran's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M4tt Dam0n View Post
    Only "problem" I noticed on my 3GS is that sometimes the backlight doesn't turn on but the display is on. I can use the phone and all but there is no backlight until I press the sleep button and wake the phone, then the phone is normal.
    I have had this problem also but only once. Othewise the phone works great!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

"besides the sound issues reported before."

When was that reported? Just curious, cause ill be texting and the button sounds sometimes dont make noise. Also ill be watching a video and the sound just stops in the middle of viewing... anyone else having this issue?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

that sucks hopefully this doesn't start happening to everyone with the white 3gs so glad i got the black one :-D
    1.0.2 -> 1.1.1 -> 1.1.2
    It Completes Me

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Waterproof Vs Burnout
    Damn one guys phone is waterproof and the other guys phone is overheating!! Suggestion: don't use your phone by water or use it so much that it burns through your hands!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Mista Brothason's Avatar
    Thanks

I bet Apple is going to re-release the phone again... sucks for ppl who already got the 3GS lol

Why would a guy want a white one anyway? It looks so feminine lol
    64 GB iPhone 4S on 5.1.1 Jailbroken & Unlocked
    64 GB iPad 3 on 5.1.1 Jailbroken

Thanks

I'm still getting the white. I don't care what you sheep say :-X
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

12. The Following User Says Thank You to dale1v For This Useful Post:

zoolander369 (06-28-2009)

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,460 Times in 1,264 Posts

Well, Ive had the white for a week....no burn yet. It doesnt really get that hot.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

This won't deter me from getting the white one. My white 16gb 3G never had any issues so I am getting the white 3GS. Naturally there are going to be a few bum phones manufactured. It happens with every product that is mass produced.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainChaos For This Useful Post:

zoolander369 (06-28-2009)

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
    I'm still getting the white. I don't care what you sheep say :-X
    Just get the blk one....or have cpjr change the back to blk one.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mista Brothason View Post
    I bet Apple is going to re-release the phone again... sucks for ppl who already got the 3GS lol

Why would a guy want a white one anyway? It looks so feminine lol

I agreee, just like the WII and the Xbox 360, they are both white and look like old white plastic after about a week.

My 1yr old black Iphone still looks like pure sweetness no matter how close you are and I quit using a protector months ago and looks great, dropped it in Lake St. Clair two days ago, dried it out, still going. Apple = Impressive.

But, think about it, if you get white then every 3 months you can get a new phone because of the "overheating" image on the back. Any white plastic I've ever seen turns brown with age, so add a little heat to it and it's just going to happen faster.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by saint24 View Post
    Well... I just took my iPhone 3G to the Genius... Condescending Bar today reporting my black 16GB 3G overheating while in talk. 2 stories later.... "You have too many apps downloaded into the phone"... Ha! (6GB worth), then "you are running on the original profile you created when you registered your 1st iPhone and you need to fully back up every time you update your hardware and re-register under a new profile"... are you kiddin' me?????? Such bullcrap!!!! Then he takes out his little scope and notices that there is a pink stripe inside the bottom dock connector. Then proceeds to tell me that the phone has been submerged. Keep in mind that this phone was a refurbished phone which 2 months ago they gave me in replacement of a unit which was I was having network problems with and a dead pixel which I could not rescue. Then tells me (of course) that this waves the phones warranty. Offers me a service replacement of the same model (3G) for $199. Such crap. If any of you know what else I should do or how I can escalate this issue please reply to this post.
    Moisture detection is in the headphone jack not the dock connector.

Thanks

i wonder if they decided to do what Trent Reznor did with the Year Zero CD, and that whenever you put the disc in a CD player, the heat from generated from the CD player turned the disc from white to black...

Cause that would be kinda cool actually, having a white phone turn color based on heat...

Or a black one turning white...

just a thought...

Okay maybe not :-P
    Herp a derp a derp a doooo!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M4tt Dam0n View Post
    Only "problem" I noticed on my 3GS is that sometimes the backlight doesn't turn on but the display is on. I can use the phone and all but there is no backlight until I press the sleep button and wake the phone, then the phone is normal.
    I have this exact problem too.
    Fido is already sending me a new 3GS because of a small chip on the screen that wasn't caused by me. I only noticed the backlight issue 2 days ago. Woe is the life of early adopters!

I was on the fence on launch day on whether to get a black or white 32gb. I did a quick search with my old 3G while at the counter which pissed a few people off behind me but hey, it was a big decision.

I'm not a big fan of the white but the salesperson was trying to convince me they had better resale value and they were harder to come by blah blah blah.
    I ended up with the black because i had a feeling the white would show a lot of grime over time (like my old white MacBook). I'm glad I did after reading this post!

iPhone? More like MyPhone scottvalentine's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by charlyc View Post
    Moisture detection is in the headphone jack not the dock connector.
    On the 3G there are 2 water sensors, bottom of headphone jack and behind the dock connector
    There are No stupid questions, Only stupid people

Thanks
    gawsh i hope this doesnt happen to mine