Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: One step closer to a 3G[S] Jailbreak and Ultrasn0w will work also

Do you have some inside info?

Nothing you can't get by reading MN's twitter.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

/me heads to Carphone Warehouse to buy a 3GS

If I wasn't getting married I'd probably do the same.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Question What to tell AT&T rep???
    There are so many AT&T/MMS threads in different locations on these forums it is making my head spin. I'm hoping someone can provide a succinct answer to a question I have.

Let's assume I've updated the IPCC file and have the MMS options on my 3GS. I have the little camera on the message screen. I've entered the AT&T MMS settings posted in numerous places. Whenever I try to send an MMS the slider gets about 90% of the way there and then I receive a message failure error. Rebooting doesn't change that.

I have the iPhone data plan, and unlimited family messaging. I do NOT have any non-iPhones on the account, so I cannot take advantage of the sim swap explained by others.

I realize the reason it's not working pertains to my account settings with AT&T. My question is this: what EXACTLY are the things I need to say to an AT&T rep in order to try and get MMS working? I'm willing to get on the phone for a couple of hours and try to sort this out, but I need to know what to say so when I find the right person they'll be able to help me.

Thanks in advance!

I was getting the same on my phone but solved it just now. I'm on T-Mobile UK and do have MMS on my account but they would not send.
    I just did a hard reset (Power and home until phone reboots) and it now works

Not sure if it will help with yours but worth a try.

I would like to know if there is anything I need to do my Iphone 3G S before I JB (when it comes out)? I still haven't activated. I want to JB and then put a T-mobile sim card.

Got my popcorn.

Quote Originally Posted by knight3131 View Post
    I would like to know if there is anything I need to do my Iphone 3G S before I JB (when it comes out)? I still haven't activated. I want to JB and then put a T-mobile sim card.
    Get your ECID file from PurpleRa1n

Talking Ecid
    Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Get your ECID file from PurpleRa1n

Guys new on here mso hello to all!

I too am keen to see my 3gs jailbreak as when i got it I had no idea of the limitations Apple had placed on its capability!! and was gob smacked to find i couldn't even blootooth from 1 phone to another what a p1ss take!!!!!!!!!

my question is that I have gone and mdone the ECID thing following the instructions here

but the file seems awfully small only 203 bytes! is this correct??

Thanks

Jocky

Thanks

yea, this is a just in case file....meaning you might need this file to COMPLETE a jailbreak when it comes out.

when the 3G came out did any of you JB your iphone without first having to activate with AT&T. Or you first Activate it with them and then JB and then switch providers?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Its better to activate with an AT&T sim first. Then all the push stuff works

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Its better to activate with an AT&T sim first. Then all the push stuff works

What happens if I dont activate with AT&T first and just JB? Will my iphone still work?
    Last edited by knight3131; 06-30-2009 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stlcaddie View Post
    yea, this is a just in case file....meaning you might need this file to COMPLETE a jailbreak when it comes out.

Thanks for that mate thought I may have done something wrong

Jocky

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011