Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple TV Updated adds Gesture Controls with Updated Remote app

Thanks

Arrow Apple TV Updated adds Gesture Controls with Updated Remote app

Apple has updated it's Apple TV software to 2.4. The list of changes is below:

Remote app directional control - Control your Apple TV with simple finger gestures via the Remote app. This feature requires Remote 1.3 running on an iPhone or iPod touch with iPhone OS 3.0

Flickr Search - Search Flickr photo tags to find recently updated photos of interest. Save searches to quickly find new photos or use as a screen saver for Apple TV.

New view options - View movies By Genre, By Movie, or Unwatched. View TV Shows an dPodcasts By Date, By Show, or Unwatched.

Updated transport and chapter modes - During video playback, click right or left to fast forward or rewind. Additional clicks increase the speed. Click down to show chapter markers.
    The most noticeable change, however, is the support of Gesture controls by the newly updated Apple Remote app! That means now sitting on the couch, without even having an Apple TV remote in hands, you can just flick to navigate, play, pause, rewind etc!

This adds to an already great feature gallery of the free Remote app provided by Apple. You can get it here from the AppStore

[Apple]

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sayam For This Useful Post:

liontaris (06-25-2009)

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

I kinda find it funny that Apple doesnt just include this as a stock app, lol.

You'd think they'd integrate it into the iPod app too huh?

This helps more by letting me put away the little white remotes I got sitting around.

how do i get this app? my phone is jailbroken

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Its in the Appstore.

There is a link right in the first post at the bottom.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    I kinda find it funny that Apple doesnt just include this as a stock app, lol.
    They just want us to think that appstore has some good apps as well, not just fart ones

Well Sayam, you have mentioned a worthy app update from apple which I think I must do. Thank you for updating us.
    Dot Com Infoway - iPad App Development
    http://www.dotcominfoway.com/mobile-...velopment/ipad

Why can't they implement the touch controls for regular music control?
    "Spaceships don't come equipped with rear view mirrors..." -Andre Benjamin the 3000th

This is a great update and very useful. Always misplacing the AppleTV remote. Now if only will add the scrubbing control so you can change the seek rate while forwarding through tracks.