Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GameBone Pro - iPhone Game Controller via BLUETOOTH!

Thanks

plus, if you are out and about, where do you put your phone in order to play on it? in your lap? on the table propped up against something?

remember that other controller being made last year where you basically dock your phone in the middle of the controller, making it kinda resemble a psp?

that could have been an amazing product if it was made properly. people like that just need some investors.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

The concept is cool, but the design is not happening. I agree with rescuer in that the phone needs to sit inside of the controller so that it is one unit.

Gotta love the headphone jack and internal speaker though

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    ^I dont think so, there are several games I would enjoy but HATE trying to play them using the iphone as the controller.

I dont play alot of games on the phone anyways....but for someone that does it could be quite useful.
    It is pretty useless, actually, as was already outlined on one of the other iPhone news sites (Gizmodo? Engadget?), specifically because this controller setup does not do anything for the iPhone's accelerometer, which usually plays a huge role in iPhone games. Maybe this controller will be acceptable to the guy that wants to play SNES games or something along the lines of emulation, but in general, unless that thing sports an accelerometer of its own.. not much use here.

If you think back though, there was a different controller being built a looooooong time ago for the iPhone/Touch, which featured the iPhone/Touch being plugged into the controller, which sort of wrapped around the device, and feature the typical Start/Select/D-Pad/4-button setup of a nice controller pad. Now THAT would be something, if made.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NessLookAlike View Post
    It is pretty useless, actually, as was already outlined on one of the other iPhone news sites (Gizmodo? Engadget?), specifically because this controller setup does not do anything for the iPhone's accelerometer, which usually plays a huge role in iPhone games. Maybe this controller will be acceptable to the guy that wants to play SNES games or something along the lines of emulation, but in general, unless that thing sports an accelerometer of its own.. not much use here.

If you think back though, there was a different controller being built a looooooong time ago for the iPhone/Touch, which featured the iPhone/Touch being plugged into the controller, which sort of wrapped around the device, and feature the typical Start/Select/D-Pad/4-button setup of a nice controller pad. Now THAT would be something, if made.
    Asphalt Racing, 9th in the UK AppStore right now does not rely solely on an accelerometer.

If controllers like this are going to be made im sure more games developers will look at other ways to play games, without the accelelormeter.

And if i had the choice betweens buttons and an accelerometer i would choose buttons all day long. The accelerometer seems like a novelty when used IMO
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
    Asphalt Racing, 9th in the UK AppStore right now does not rely solely on an accelerometer.

If controllers like this are going to be made im sure more games developers will look at other ways to play games, without the accelelormeter.

And if i had the choice betweens buttons and an accelerometer i would choose buttons all day long. The accelerometer seems like a novelty when used IMO
    agreed, titles that use the accelerometer stink on ice (IMHO of course) and anything using a 'virtual d-pad' doesn't usually work all that great since you're not getting any sort of tactical feedback. I love my phone but lets face it, the design really limits it's potential...

A device like this is long overdue. I would prefer something like the icontrol pad instead, but at this point, who ever makes it out first will get my $$$

k, this device is so stupid that it made me finally register.
    Listen... Who gives a crap about games honestly? Thats not what you have your phone for...

How about you get a big battery device that has a built on qwerty key board on it... and make your ipod dockable on it.. then you can type much faster and have an external battery for thowse long trips! and besides, you can also use your keyboard as a gaming controller if you really want to.

iPhone? More like MyPhone MWillis561's Avatar
    Thanks

I think where this design totally is in the wrong is that it doesn't incorporate the iphone/ipod into it. Face it, we are going to have to deal with games that use the accelerometer/compass. But if you add in another dimension of buttons then you get an awesome device. That is why it needs to be a controller that encases itself around the iphone/ipod.

So now instead of having just buttons or just accelerometer/compass you will now have both. I think that is what will make the iphone truly a gaming platform.

I for one will be getting that controller just to turn it into a bluetooth enabled SNES controller for my phone.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ivanbalvan View Post
    k, this device is so stupid that it made me finally register.
    Listen... Who gives a crap about games honestly? Thats not what you have your phone for...

How about you get a big battery device that has a built on qwerty key board on it... and make your ipod dockable on it.. then you can type much faster and have an external battery for thowse long trips! and besides, you can also use your keyboard as a gaming controller if you really want to.
    I completely disagree with you on this one. People buy an iPhone (or any smartphone) for it's versatility. If all they wanted was a phone they'd still have a RAZR (or worse). Apple is trying to push the boundaries of their mobile platform. If a PSP or Nintendo DS had an integrated phone... people would go ape sh*t over it. One of the main selling points of the iPhone is the App Store.. not the phone or the touch screen. I think giving people (and Devs) the OPTION of an external controller is perfect to bridge the gap between a PSP and an iPhone. I applaud their efforts... and if you don't think it's useful then don't buy it. For the rest of us that think the acceleratorameter is restrictive to game play this will be awesome!

I do agree with what you are saying, but don't you think a device that would work as a case, external battery and a qwerty keyboard would be much more productive? You are not limited to use your keyboard only for typing, what stops you from using wasd keys for movement and I O K L for buttons or w/e you want, and also a battery addon is greatly overdue for iphones, and this would resolve a lot of problems and open up doors for greater customer potential. A lot of people I know do not buy an IpHone simply because they keyboard is harder to use then a qwerty keyboard.
    On a serious note tho, are u really going to carry some kind of game pad in ur pocket? why not just carry a PSP atleast that thing dosent die as fast as an Iphone... The Iphone has to be completly redesigned in my opinion, needs to be bigger with a sliding keyboard and a good battery for F(*& sakes. I mean would you guys really care if your iphone was half an inch fatter?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ivanbalvan View Post
    I do agree with what you are saying, but don't you think a device that would work as a case, external battery and a qwerty keyboard would be much more productive? You are not limited to use your keyboard only for typing, what stops you from using wasd keys for movement and I O K L for buttons or w/e you want, and also a battery addon is greatly overdue for iphones, and this would resolve a lot of problems and open up doors for greater customer potential. A lot of people I know do not buy an IpHone simply because they keyboard is harder to use then a qwerty keyboard.
    On a serious note tho, are u really going to carry some kind of game pad in ur pocket? why not just carry a PSP atleast that thing dosent die as fast as an Iphone... The Iphone has to be completly redesigned in my opinion, needs to be bigger with a sliding keyboard and a good battery for F(*& sakes. I mean would you guys really care if your iphone was half an inch fatter?
    Sounds like someone is hatin just a tad....and most people (including me) find the iPhones virtual keyboard is way faster to type on than a hard one after getting used to it....

As for the game pad....it's pretty ugly but the idea is not bad...at least it can be used as an external battery lol

Plus a half inch can be the difference between being pocketable or not.
    Last edited by A_DuB187; 06-25-2009 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    160GB iPod Classic
    8GB 2G - Firmware 2.2.1 PWN'D
    8GB 3G - Firmware 3.0 PWN'D
    16GB 3G S - Firmware 3.0 Ra1n'n Purple
    64GB iPad 3G - Spirit'd
    32GB iPhone 4

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

I for one would not buy an iPhone if it had a slide out keyboard... it's the main selling point for me not going to a different phone. I can text lightning fast on it just the way it is. I'm not a big gamer but I know people carry around a PSP or Ninento DS's, and extra batteries, etc with them all the time (in addition to the iPhone) and don't complain. I for one am glad I no longer have to carry a phone, an iPod, and a computer with me all at once. You can't have a slide out keyboard AND more battery life.. .look at the G1... pitiful at best and it's a BRICK compared to the iPhone. If you want double battery life buy a powered case for $70. The bottom line is you can't please everyone's individual needs so you have to make do with what you get. As for the design of the controller.. this is the first one.. I'm sure there will be LOTS to choose from in the coming future in all shapes and sizes.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by poseidon79 View Post
    i for one would not buy an iphone if it had a slide out keyboard... It's the main selling point for me not going to a different phone. I can text lightning fast on it just the way it is. I'm not a big gamer but i know people carry around a psp or ninento ds's, and extra batteries, etc with them all the time (in addition to the iphone) and don't complain. I for one am glad i no longer have to carry a phone, an ipod, and a computer with me all at once. You can't have a slide out keyboard and more battery life.. .look at the g1... Pitiful at best and it's a brick compared to the iphone. If you want double battery life buy a powered case for $70. The bottom line is you can't please everyone's individual needs so you have to make do with what you get.
    ahmen!
    160GB iPod Classic
    8GB 2G - Firmware 2.2.1 PWN'D
    8GB 3G - Firmware 3.0 PWN'D
    16GB 3G S - Firmware 3.0 Ra1n'n Purple
    64GB iPad 3G - Spirit'd
    32GB iPhone 4

Thanks

I wasnt expecting you to reply again Ivan, really.

Battery= mophie - iPhone Battery, iPod Cases, iPhone accessories and more!

Slide out qwerty keyboard= Nokia - Nokia on the Web OR Research In Motion
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Games on the iPhone stupid? Tell that to the people who literally generated a primary income from what they've made and sold on the AppStore. But thats an entirely different issue.

When people start asking the customer for price suggestions, then I tend to think about their credibility. But anyway...

I think the design is okay, but looks a little low quality. Hopefully this one is actually developed. I'm not big on playing games on my phone, but I do play them. Today, I was in the doctors office for a good 1.5 hours waiting to be seen. Bourne Identity and Assasins Creed made it tolerable. But a controller is a great ideal because sometimes the touch isnt as accurate as Id like it to be, especially in warm environments where my palms get a little sweaty.

BIGGEST ADVANTAGE TO ME, I dont have to constantly touch the same spot on the screen!!! I played Baseball Allstars for the LONGEST. My favorite game. Would wip it out at work, on the train, between commercials here at the house, all day. Then I noticed a white spot forming where the swing button was. I may be off, but if the price was right, I'd buy it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Beva922's Avatar
    Thanks

This is definitely a decent idea, there are far worse ideas out there. I love playing games directly on my iphone, but the feel of a console just isn't there. This controller would allow for more intense games to be played, and overall the design is probably a prototype, which is why they're asking for feedback.....be respectful (optics), because there was some hard work put into this I assume.
    >>**Please thank me if I helped you...**<<

i love the icontrolpad design better then the gay dogbone.... but then again icontrolpad.com sucks for not releasing it, so i might as well get a controler right?

I'd keep it forever only if the design was something else then a dumb dogbone

might as well buy a PSP or DS

the first kid i see on the streets with that bone in his pocket, i am going to point and laugh

sorry for duble posting, but my computer at work is all $%@$ secured and i cant edit a page, any way you know what would be awsome app for an iphone...

A scale! Is the touch pad pressure sensetive? cuz if it was i bet you would be able to messure little amounts like gramms or Oz that would be SWEET!
    Last edited by ivanbalvan; 06-26-2009 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

woot woot... gonna buy me a bone

i think it's a cool idea... i'm sure it will lead to bigger and better projects in the future.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast