Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ultrasn0w is out - 3.0 Unlocked!

I need help all! my cydia says it has an essential upgrade and every time i try to upgrade it, it has an erro and says "Internal Error. Could not perform immediate configuration (2) on essential." What do i do to fix this and get my phone working?

Thumbs up thanks and Dev Team you are the best f...k the rest !!!
    nice work

I set up my MMS settings and after a reboot the camera icon is there... and it seems that I can send messagees, but when I recieve them they are in pretty bad resolution... some way to fix that? Cause with swirlyMMS they came in crystal clear.
    I just used the same settings that I used in my old swirlymms

incomes have problem but out comes are ok

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by unfaced View Post
    Is there a specific reason I have to turn off the 3G setting if I have tmobile? And what is that reason? Can I turn it back on once it's unlocked?
    The iPhone 3G doesn't work on T-Mobiles USA 3G network anyway -- dfferent frequencies. There's probably a Dev-Team ultras0w technical reason also, but it really doesn't matter. T-Mobile users are forever limited to EDGE speeds on current iPhones

BTW: Not sure about T-Mobile in other countries --- anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by neildunne View Post
    I have no problems at all with it being sluggish or buggy, in fact it runs better now than it ever did when i was on 2.2.1
    Brilliant!

OK, I've never unlocked my iphone, so I'm new to it. I've jailbroken before so that's OK. If I want to jailbreak now, but hold off the unlock until January, would I jailbreak with redsnow now, then and use UltraSnow in January?

Thanks!

Thanks

Quickpwn for windows not out yet right?

Quote Originally Posted by Amraam View Post
    Brilliant!

OK, I've never unlocked my iphone, so I'm new to it. I've jailbroken before so that's OK. If I want to jailbreak now, but hold off the unlock until January, would I jailbreak with redsnow now, then and use UltraSnow in January?

Thanks!
    Umm, what? you can jailbreak whenever you want without unlocking. Not sure why you quoted the other post, it has nothing to do with what you are asking....
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Melech518 For This Useful Post:

ant1225 (06-23-2009)

Works perfectly!! No scary points of thinking I'd done anything wrong at all. Good unlock, guys...big props.

Works fine very good work DEV-TEAM Heaps of thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chemalito View Post
    You use redsn0w, on all platforms, to jb.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MikePA For This Useful Post:

Amraam (06-23-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    Umm, what? you can jailbreak whenever you want without unlocking. Not sure why you quoted the other post, it has nothing to do with what you are asking....

Becasue I said "brilliant" in response to the guys post saying that his 3.0 jailbreak is running better than ever. I then continued my post with my own question

So jaibreak with redSnow yeh? Or wait for QuickPwn? This is the one time I would refer to myself as a "noob", as much as I hate it, simply because I worry about this **** too much.

so that I'm clear:

As a WINDOWS user, I:

1.) Run redsnow to jailbreak 3.0

2.) Disable my 3G

3.) Run Ultrasnow

correct?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to adrian1480 For This Useful Post:

Amraam (06-23-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by chemalito View Post
    QuickPWN is no more, if you want to jailbreak your iPhone in Windows, use Redsn0w.

Also, I'd like to note that on Vista 64 redsn0w hangs on the "Waiting to reboot" screen. However on Windows XP 32-bit I had no problems, but that's just a heads up incase anyone else has had that problem.

I love the Dev-Team, thank you ONCE again for this amazing release! =]

I'm having a few funky problems right now, first Cydia kept crashing on me but after a reboot it stopped doing it. Now, the issue though is that my T-Mobile SIM is acting weird on my iPhone, i keep having the little "alert" chime, alert me of new voicemails, every few seconds and I sure as heck didn't get THAT many in 3 days of waiting.

Could it be an issue because of "Notifier" not working correctly? Since I did notice the e-mail icon won't budge even after I've read all my e-mails.

EDIT: Well, that's not all, seems like I'll get no bars constantly, and even though I can make calls (unlike with the first version of yellowsn0w) it seems that it freezes up on me for a few seconds when I end a call. Also noticed it says "NO SIM" every once and awhile.

EDIT #2: Who knows what the heck is going on with my iPhone, well, I just rebooted for the 2nd time after installing ultrasn0w, now I'm not loosing bars or anything, and phone calls can be made instantly, I also receive them without having any freezing occurring when someone calls me. Now, all is fine and dandy, but anyone with a sms.db from a 2.2 iPhone, can you verify if you can open it on 3.0 without a hitch?

I can, it just seems that everytime I open it, it stutters for a few seconds before I can actually scroll through texts, not sure if it has anything to dow ith how many contacts I have on my sms.db, but this didn't happen on 2.2. (I know, I realize wrong place to ask since this IS a ultrasn0w thread.)
    Last edited by Xenthor; 06-23-2009 at 04:16 AM.

tried it out works great !!! woohooo

When I was jailbroken on 2.2 I would always randomly get the sound effect when you plug it into the USB lead. It would happen about 10 times a day and I never did figure out what caused it.

Thanks

Like adrian1480 posted is that the correct way to go about it.

I'm on 2.2 right now so will I have to use redsnow first to upgrade to 3.0 then run ultrasnow?

Another question, I reinstalled XP on my computer, can I use the latest itunes 8.2 safely to do all this??

Thanks for your hard work dev team

Quote Originally Posted by BLASTphemus View Post
    Like adrian1480 posted is that the correct way to go about it.

I'm on 2.2 right now so will I have to use redsnow first to upgrade to 3.0 then run ultrasnow?

Another question, I reinstalled XP on my computer, can I use the latest itunes 8.2 safely to do all this??
    Yes, you need to be on iTunes 8.2 to get OS3.0. To be safe, SSH into you phone and backup essentials. Then, upgrade to 3.0, then for good measure, restore to 3.0 so it gives you a fresh phone, then jailbreak

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast