Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ultrasn0w is out - 3.0 Unlocked!

If DEV team are reading, I am vouching for several that we would like to see a 'Ultrasn0w' toggle created for use with SbSettings. Before the upgrade, with yellowsn0w, there was a toggle available but in BossPrefs only.

This is a very handy feature for many of us that have legit iPhones but travel extensively to other countries and would like to use local sim cards.

Anybody else having trouble wit this??

Like it unlocked fair enough keep loosing signal getting txts like half hour later then sent soo annoying!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone djjessejames's Avatar
    Tha Hills & Valley of the Sticky Icky Icky...ooo wee.
    Thanks

Werd guys come through again.

THANKS!

Big up on props and respect!

Done unlocked 5 phones in Canada already without a hitch

Keep doing what you do best.

Paiently awaiting 3Gs JB (good things will come to those who wait, and why would ya wanna rush such a complex tool? No step by step manual peeps for setting up scripts running codes and getting round Apples little loopholes, be happy if ya got a 3Gs, some of us in Canada are waiting again. But always well worth it!

Either do the job right or dont do it at all, never rush and have paientce for thouse who do this for us all for basicly f all. For they have lives too.

Goodwork on both redsn0w and ultrasn0w. Two hella solid progies that have worked for me flawlessly. Maybe that has somin to do wit the paientce thing, reading the steps over an over till they become memory and not rushing. The following all lead up to; doing the job right or not at all(wise words from my old man.)

BIG SPANKS TO MMi AGAIN! couldnt live without ya, well could, but be rather boring and a VANILLA like world of the same iPhone drones, lol.

Much love.
    Last edited by djjessejames; 07-01-2009 at 06:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

dont think quickpwn works its pwnage tool..

Quote Originally Posted by aamodr View Post
    dont think quickpwn works its pwnage tool..
    quickpwn has been replaced by RedSn0w
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone hopethemodworx's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah I've noticed that too. I had a jailbroken 2g that wasn't laggy at all.

too bad my 3G still cant get any wifi. Dont know what else to do

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Hmm..I've had a few problems with iPhones and iPod touches given to me to upgrade, they have not been picking up my Wifi at times, one of the iPhones I got just didn't pick up anything.

"Everybody has common sense, but most just don't use it, then you wonder why?" - Neo-Tech

For T-Mobile users with "No Sim" and/or "No Service" issues after Ultrasn0w:

Solution: get a new SIM from T-Mobile. The SIM I was using came with a phone I purchased in 2002 which apparently old enough to cause issues with newer phones. The swap was free as the card was undamaged and my 16gb 3G recognized it immediately.

I spent the better part of two days trying to figure out what the hell was causing the issue and tried everything people in this thread suggested when a friend who had seen my SIM a while back suggested that it might be too old.

I haven't seen this fix posted anywhere yet so hopefully this helps some equally-frustrated people out and if so, feel free to hit the Thanks! button

Thanks for this! LEG ENDS.

thanks Dev TEAM....you guys are KINGS of the IPHONE

Hi Guys,

To get a 3.0 OS do I instal ultrasn0w and then upgrade OS, or Do I upgrade to 3.0 and then instal ultrasn0w?

I have a 3G iphone with 2.2.1 iphone, using 3-gevey chip to unlick my phone. I have cydia installed and have been able to install legal and cracked applications.

thanks

Thanks

Upgrade to 3.0 1st though iTunes then use redsn0w to jailbreak and add the repo to install ultresn0w.

i am forever grateful !

iPhone? More like MyPhone sLevin1fo's Avatar
    F**K YOU, IM FROM TEXAS (So Original, HUH?)
    Thanks

Default Thanks MMI.com
    I would like to thank everyone who puts in time to do this. I have successfully jailbroken and unlocked my iphone 3g. I did exactly what it says. And it works very good and smooth. I have no errors or complaints.

sLevin1Fo
    8GB 2G 1.0.2v 3.14.08_G AT&T RIP
    16GB 3G 2.0.2v 2.02.01 AT&T RIP
    8GB 3G 3.0 04.26.08 AT&T RIP
    16GB 3GS 3.0.1 04.26.08 AT&T RIP
    16GB 3GS 3.1.3 5.12.01 AT&T RIP
    16GB iPhone4 3.10.01 4.2.1 Fancy iPod

Hi Dev,

I did an upgrade with Itunes to 3.0 from 2.2.1. After upgrade Itune failed to confirm an update with aple servers. I then did a Jailbreak with redsn0w, and I was succesful to get my iphone up again.

NOW I HAVE A NO SIM/ SEARCHING PROBLEM. PLEASE HELP ME OUT

redsn0w. do NOT choose to install icy, it will freeze your phone.

Green Apple
    Thanks

when i open redsn0w it requires me to find my current firmware. if i still have my old 2.2.1 5h11 firmware saved (which is what i'm currently running on my phone) and i use this version will redsn0w work? or am i going to have to upgrade to 3.0 and then jailbreak and unlock? the reason i ask is because i am currently using a 3g with a gevey sim and it's working fine except i lost my internet but the phone is jailbroken and i have a good amount of apps on it. if i upgrade to 3.0 am i going to lose all these apps?

Thanks
    Thanked 10,180 Times in 6,199 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NOTLONUF View Post
    when i open redsn0w it requires me to find my current firmware. if i still have my old 2.2.1 5h11 firmware saved (which is what i'm currently running on my phone) and i use this version will redsn0w work? or am i going to have to upgrade to 3.0 and then jailbreak and unlock? the reason i ask is because i am currently using a 3g with a gevey sim and it's working fine except i lost my internet but the phone is jailbroken and i have a good amount of apps on it. if i upgrade to 3.0 am i going to lose all these apps?
    Redsn0w is for 3.0 so you will have to update iTunes to 8.2 (not 8.2.1) and phone to 3.0.
    You can sync your phone in iTunes to and pick up all your apps when the jailbreak is complete. Although you will lose any 3rd party apps and themes so make a list.
    Good news is that you will not need the Gevey sim anymore, use ultrasn0w to unlock.

Is this safe?? can i garentee it wont break my phone?

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast