+ Reply
Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ultrasn0w is out - 3.0 Unlocked!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by ll CHRIS ll Whata bout me?? Huh? Hard to interpret the meaning of your question.
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,177 Times in 5,681 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ll CHRIS ll View Post
    Whata bout me??
    Huh? Hard to interpret the meaning of your question.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Musad View Post
    If you can find the a clean fw 2.2. (For windows)click Shift + Restore in iTunes and select the clean fw 2.2. Then update to 3.0.
    will do. thanks.

Thanks

A note about a Cydia app called "FWChanger":

As of last night, I am now running firmware 3.0 and ultrasn0w with no problems. Before last night, I was running Firmware 2.2 and Yellowsn0w. I was unable to update to 2.2.1 in the past because doing so would upgraded the baseband making Yellowsn0w incompatible (couldn't run PwnageTool, Windows user). So, many moons ago, I installed a Cydia app called FWChanger. It worked very well for specific applications that required version 2.2.1.

However, it caused major problems when trying to update to 3.0 in iTunes (version 8.2). I received the following error:
    There was a problem downloading the iphone software... the requested resource was not found
    Reason:

It confused iTunes because it was reporting that I was running 2.2.1 when I was really running 2.2. The solution was to set the version back to 2.2 5G77 in FWChanger. I then uninstalled FWChanger in Cydia and rebooted my iPhone 3G. This fixed the problem in iTunes 8.2 so I was able to restore firmware 3.0 to my iPhone 3G and then jailbreak / unlock it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

u need the regular smart phone plan not the blackberry plan, also u need to confiquire ur APN settings

Quote Originally Posted by r0me0ne View Post
    did the jailbreak and unlock for tmobile over here in california...on my iphone 3g

my phone seems like it is really buggy now, it keeps notifying me over and over that i have a voicemail even after i check it, it randomly will say no sim card installed

when i make a call and hang up it does not hang up even if i keep hitting end call...

im going to turn off the phone for a lil hopefully when i turn it back on it will be normal again

Just a tip, always good to start fresh, dont update your iphone, do a full restore, sometimes in the past, it has caused buggy issues doing it from an update, but not from a fresh restore, just from my experience
    Last edited by BigE2333; 06-25-2009 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Default Modem Firmware
    whats up guys i have been using a turbo Sim for a few months now and I'm tired of it, I'm trying to find a solution to my problems. my modem firmware is 2.30.03 and the version I,m on is 2.2.1(5h11). what do i have to do so I can get ride of my turbo Sim.PLEASE HELP. Thanks in advance guys.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hey i try to add repo66.ultrasn0w.com but it says that i have a source and cant install

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mallie View Post
    whats up guys i have been using a turbo Sim for a few months now and I'm tired of it, I'm trying to find a solution to my problems. my modem firmware is 2.30.03 and the version I,m on is 2.2.1(5h11). what do i have to do so I can get ride of my turbo Sim.PLEASE HELP. Thanks in advance guys.
    Restore your phone to FW3.0
    Run RedSn0w
    Run UltraSn0w
    Throw away TurboSIM
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

works great

mms working

push working

sidekick data plan working

Green Apple
    Thanks

Upgraded from 2.2 to 3.0 without a hitch, and everything seemed to be working well, until:
    A) The camera icon was missing from my text message app, so i wasn't able to attach pics to text. after rebooting 3 times it finally appeared out of nowhere.
    B) Icons seem to mysteriously move to a new location on the springboard.
    C) Some apps had the wrong icons. After rebooting they would be correct and then change after a bit.
    D) Each time I reboot my iPhone, it says NO SIM when it restarts and then I have to wait while it searches for T-Mobile signal. It always finds it, but it used to immediately be connected to T-Mobile after a restart.

Looks like I'm going to have to restore...AGAIN!
    Last edited by razor99x; 06-26-2009 at 10:09 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

is there a reason i'm having issues. these seem to be the main issues. the phone works great overall. jailbreak went smooth.

i installed ultrasn0w via cydia. rebooted iphone. popped in sim card. i get service, then like 3 mins later, i lose service and then get it again. this continuesly happens over n over n over..... whats causing this? if i woulda known, i woulda kept it at 2.2 n unlocked with yellowsn0w
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smirkis View Post
    is there a reason i'm having issues. these seem to be the main issues. the phone works great overall. jailbreak went smooth.

i installed ultrasn0w via cydia. rebooted iphone. popped in sim card. i get service, then like 3 mins later, i lose service and then get it again. this continuesly happens over n over n over..... whats causing this? if i woulda known, i woulda kept it at 2.2 n unlocked with yellowsn0w
    Go into settings/general/reset/reset network settings/ respring

Thanks

what if this did not work for me??????

Thanks

You restore and set up as a new phone and do NOT restore from a backup.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Anybody experiencing signal drop outs with a legit O2 sim card?

"Everybody has common sense, but most just don't use it, then you wonder why?" - Neo-Tech

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    hi i got problem after jailbreak my iphone 3g with 3.0 firmware. i install ultrasn0w i reboot him put another carrier sim and showe me messages activate ur iphone via Itunes?? what now??

after using ultrasn0w and turn off and on iphone show me "Different SIM detected please connect to itunes"

Please help!!!!
    Last edited by wujek21; 06-27-2009 at 08:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

im stock with 2.30 baseband..if i upgrade it to 3.0 will that change my baseband too and able to unlock it

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by edwinator View Post
    im stock with 2.30 baseband..if i upgrade it to 3.0 will that change my baseband too and able to unlock it
    Yes, redsnow for the J/B and ultrasn0w for the unlock

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Incredible

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ejotam View Post
    Incredible
    Welcome to the forums.

Blkcardi is pretty incredible, isn't she?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

About to do this for my cuzzo now...... i'll post my results!!! =~)