+ Reply
Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ultrasn0w is out - 3.0 Unlocked!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Just input the settings and reboot.
    Thanks

Just input the settings and reboot.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone salayyad's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Tmobile MMS settings.
    apn epc.tmobile.com
    username leave blank
    password leave blank
    mmsc:http://mms.msg.eng.tmobile.com/mms/wapenc
    mmsproxy 216.155.165.50:8080

reboot your iphone after that should do it. i did it on my brothers 3g on tmobile and it worked perfect. of course i sent it to myself and i got that dumb mms message that att sends you. i would upload a screenshot but im not sure how to. hope you understand the settings i posted and thanks goes to Racerjt15 for helping people out in the devteam blog
    Last edited by salayyad; 06-24-2009 at 03:55 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Did icy mess up anyones phone?

Thanks

Icy messes up most people's phones. My advice is to avoid.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default need to unlock in any case?
    My iPhone comes from Italy an had never been SIM-locked at all, even after jailbraking to 2.2.1!

Now I jailbraked to 3.0 which works, but there is "No Service" now, which did not happen after jailbraking 2.2.1. Do I have to do the unlock in any case now?

There's just one problem: I don't have wifi and my vodafone sim has "No Service"!

Do I have to look for one who has wifi, or is it possible to use someones Telekom-SIM that ususally exclusively works in Germany?

Lutz

Thanks

Did you activate in iTunes before RedSn0w?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

is any1 else getting this problem

WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE BUT SPRINGBOARD HAS JUST CRASHED

A RECENT SOFTWARE INSTALLATION, UPGRADE, OR REMOVAL MIGHT HAVE BEEN THE CAUSE OF THIS

YOUR DEVICE IS NOW RUNNING IN SAFE MODE. ALL EXTENSIONS THAT SUPPORT THIS SAFETY SYSTEM ARE DISABLED

REBOOT (OR RESTART SPRINGBOARD) TO RETURN TO NORMAL MODE.

i have been getting this since i updated to 3.0 but it only happens when i finish with a call can anyone help me fix this problem

i have a iphone 3g 16gb firmware 3.0 red and ultrasn0wed
    windows vista 32bit

Green Apple
    Thanks

My friend was having this trouble, but that was because he installed an app. not supporting firmware 3.0 from cydia, I am guessing you might have done the same and installed an app which is not supported. His phone was back to normal when he uninstalled it from cydia again.

Oh forgot to add, many thanks to Dev Team, you guys are the BEST!!!
    Last edited by mythamp; 06-24-2009 at 06:00 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Is there anyway that this can be installed without WIFI. My friends iPhone doesn't have WIFI it is busted for some reason. It is currently on 2.2.1 JB & Unlocked with yellow snow.

I did it for her last time but can't remember how. However I am reluctant to upgrade her now if I can't unlock it..

Thanks
    Thanked 9,669 Times in 5,934 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by srbug View Post
    Is there anyway that this can be installed without WIFI. My friends iPhone doesn't have WIFI it is busted for some reason. It is currently on 2.2.1 JB & Unlocked with yellow snow.

I did it for her last time but can't remember how. However I am reluctant to upgrade her now if I can't unlock it..
    yes you can unlock it no problem. You do not need wifi, all done via a USB connection.
    Jailbreak with Redsnow and unlock with Ultrasnow.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

it keeps saying cant find networks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ll CHRIS ll View Post
    it keeps saying cant find networks
    Your going to have to give us a whole lot more info.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

lol like it will say searching... then say NO SERVICE and then NO SIM INSTALLED

Thanks

1) Yes
    2) Just restore (not shift restore) in iTunes - it will download and install a clean version of FW3.0
    Greetings Confucious, Whenever I jailbroke previous firmwares like 2.1 / 2.2 / 2.21, I always performed a SHIFT + RESTORE in iTunes before jailbreaking. I have always used the stock IPSW from apple, not any modified IPSW firmwares.

Why do you recommend doing a normal RESTORE and not doing a SHIFT + RESTORE in iTunes 8.2 concerning firmware 3.0? Will performing a SHIFT + RESTORE cause any problems?

I am going to bite the bullet and jailbreak and unlock my 3G tonight. I have been following your posts in MMI and Twitter. Your posts have been very helpful.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    yes you can unlock it no problem. You do not need wifi, all done via a USB connection.
    Jailbreak with Redsnow and unlock with Ultrasnow.

Thanks fore the reply. I am actually using OSX but I have access to a windows box if need be. So you say to use redsnow thats easy enough for me to understand.

However the part where you say to unlock with Ultrasn0w I'm not so sure on that is there a program that you can use? I thought that you had to install Ultrasn0w via cydia or icey. So either requiring a celular network or a wifi network.. Both of wich I don't have access too..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by srbug View Post
    However the part where you say to unlock with Ultrasn0w I'm not so sure on that is there a program that you can use? I thought that you had to install Ultrasn0w via cydia or icey. So either requiring a celular network or a wifi network.. Both of wich I don't have access too..
    That is correct, Ultra is D/L from icy or Cydia. You'll have to have edge or wifi. Sorry, then it's gonna be a problem. Surely you can find some place that has wifi.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    That is correct, Ultra is D/L from icy or Cydia. You'll have to have edge or wifi. Sorry, then it's gonna be a problem. Surely you can find some place that has wifi.
    Thats ok.

It's not that I don't have access to WIFI it's that the iPhones WIFI is greyed out and I am unable to fix it and no one knows what is wrong with it. I have had a thread up here for ages and no one can help.. http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general...need-help.html

Hope isn't lost just yet I have just found something that may work. http://www.modmyi.com/forums/unlocki...hout-wifi.html

Fingers crossed hey
    Last edited by srbug; 06-24-2009 at 09:12 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Followed the directions as listed, and Voila! Successfully Jailbroken and Unlocked on Telecel-BDI Network in Burundi (I think it's safe to say that I'm one of the only iPhones in the country ). I don't have anyone on this network that I can send an MMS to without paying outrageous fees, so I will not even try it right now. Everything else appears to work as advertised. 3.0 seems smooth, and doesn't slow make my iphone sluggish like some other people reported. No battery problems either.

My only sticking point was with RedSn0W. I wish someone had told me that it doesn't work very well with Vista. I must've spent half an hour trying to JB w/ Redsn0w, but no worky :-(. and as soon as I hopped on a buddies machine running XP, it worked immediately.

Nothing but love for the Dev-Team guys, and all supporting personnel. I was so tired of using my expensive iPhone as an iTouch!! Thanks again!! Where do I send a cold case of beer?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    1) Yes
    2) Just restore (not shift restore) in iTunes - it will download and install a clean version of FW3.0
    Thanks for the reply, I was just wondering what is the difference between just restore and shift restore ? Just restore would have itunes automatically download 3.0 firmware for me onto my iphone? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by reddawg View Post
    Greetings Confucious, Whenever I jailbroke previous firmwares like 2.1 / 2.2 / 2.21, I always performed a SHIFT + RESTORE in iTunes before jailbreaking. I have always used the stock IPSW from apple, not any modified IPSW firmwares.

Why do you recommend doing a normal RESTORE and not doing a SHIFT + RESTORE in iTunes 8.2 concerning firmware 3.0? Will performing a SHIFT + RESTORE cause any problems?

I am going to bite the bullet and jailbreak and unlock my 3G tonight. I have been following your posts in MMI and Twitter. Your posts have been very helpful.
    Please let us know how it goes, I am planning on upgrading and unlocking my iphone this coming weekend. Good luck!
    Last edited by rowong; 06-24-2009 at 11:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cdouglas View Post
    is any1 else getting this problem

WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE BUT SPRINGBOARD HAS JUST CRASHED

A RECENT SOFTWARE INSTALLATION, UPGRADE, OR REMOVAL MIGHT HAVE BEEN THE CAUSE OF THIS

YOUR DEVICE IS NOW RUNNING IN SAFE MODE. ALL EXTENSIONS THAT SUPPORT THIS SAFETY SYSTEM ARE DISABLED

REBOOT (OR RESTART SPRINGBOARD) TO RETURN TO NORMAL MODE.

i have been getting this since i updated to 3.0 but it only happens when i finish with a call can anyone help me fix this problem

i have a iphone 3g 16gb firmware 3.0 red and ultrasn0wed
    windows vista 32bit
    I have related this problem to StatusNotifier...once i remove it I no longer have problems...
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME