+ Reply
Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ultrasn0w is out - 3.0 Unlocked!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by iPWNKilla What did you use to jailbreak? PWNAGE or redsn0w? If you used PWNAGE you need to make sure you enable activation which I'm not so sure
    iPhone? More like MyPhone gomer713's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iPWNKilla View Post
    What did you use to jailbreak? PWNAGE or redsn0w? If you used PWNAGE you need to make sure you enable activation which I'm not so sure it works all that well cause I tried doing it at one point and I has some issues as well. If you used redsn0w then yea you have to have an AT&T sim to activate. Just go borrow one from a friend or just roll down to AT&T and get a blank one to stick in your phone.
    you don't need an AT&T sim for redsn0w to activate or hacktivate is what the dev-team calls it, read their blog. any sim will work TMo whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by cj2185 View Post
    Just to clarify... I don't need an original AT&T sim card to jailbreak with redsnow and unlock with ultrasnOw?
    that is true you DON'T need a AT&T sim with redsn0w it will activate your iphone with any sim

Thanks
    Thanked 9,700 Times in 5,959 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cj2185 View Post
    Just to clarify... I don't need an original AT&T sim card to jailbreak with redsnow and unlock with ultrasnOw?
    no, you can use another sim.

iPhone? More like MyPhone A_SWELLGUY's Avatar
    Thanks

The DevTeam has released ultrasn0w! Unlocking your 3.0 iPhone or iPhone 3G is super easy now - just turn off 3G, open up Cydia, add their repo, and install ultrasn0w. Done!
    iPhone: 16gb 2g
    firmware: 2.2.1
    Operating system: osx

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cashboxz01 View Post
    man....i havent beenn able to use my phone all day. this new jailbreak is so confusing. i don't know anyone with an at&t sim and i don't have the money to buy a new one.

i can't even restore and jailbreak anymore. it gets stuck at loading ramdisk

btw....i used redsn0w if that helps. someone plzzzzzzzzzz save me.

i tried everything, but i'm stuck at the screen with the itunes logo and usb
    shut your computer down. and I mean all the way down, re-starting it doesn't always do the trick. shut down your computer helped some others on here.

Green Apple
    Thanks

works like a charm redsnow and ultrsnow..
    thanks dev team.........

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    no, you do not need a At&t sim. I have a 3g on t-mob, I was running 2.2.1 JB and unlocked with turbo sim.
    here's what i did without a hitch to get JB and software unlock to 3.0 with t-mob.

1. connect to itunes and run backup
    (make sure 3g is off, im t-mob, so i always have it off)
    2. i took sim card out at this point
    3. run itunes update to 8.2
    4. install 3.0 through itunes
    5. download redsn0w and the .ipsw (can get both from this site)
    6. run redsn0w, browse to wear you saved the .ipsw, chose cydia, follow directions and let redsn0w jailbreak the phone
    7. once redsn0w is done and the phone is on, you can disconnect from the computer,
    8. to get ultrasn0w. open cydia. go to the manage tab, click sources, click edit, click add
    9. follow the instructions at the beginning of this thread
    10. search for ultrasn0w in cydia, run it, and bam it is unlocked
    11. at this point i put my t-mob sim in and re-booted
    12. after re-boot, enjoy jailbroken and software unlock 3g on t-mob.

13. i did need to load the cellular data & mms network settings to get them to work.
    (someone posted these on page 12 or 13 of this thread)
    14. reboot and enjoy edge data network and mms!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to captin181 For This Useful Post:

JimmyNgo (06-24-2009)

Thanks

Just did this and it seemed to work no problem. But I have AT&T so I wouldn't really know lol. Any way to test to make sure it worked before I sell this thing on eBay? When I put a T-MO (just a random SIM I picked up) SIM card in, it gives me the "carriers" button under settings and lists T-MO as an option. Seems good to me but if anyone knows another way to check for sure, I'll blow up your thanks button lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jdm.accord View Post
    Just did this and it seemed to work no problem. But I have AT&T so I wouldn't really know lol. Any way to test to make sure it worked before I sell this thing on eBay? When I put a T-MO (just a random SIM I picked up) SIM card in, it gives me the "carriers" button under settings and lists T-MO as an option. Seems good to me but if anyone knows another way to check for sure, I'll blow up your thanks button lol
    if it says T-Mobile in Settings/General/About then it IS unlocked

10. The Following User Says Thank You to gomer713 For This Useful Post:

therandy (06-24-2009)

iPhone? More like MyPhone A_SWELLGUY's Avatar
    Thanks

So what's the skinny on the mms and video features for a 3.0 2g iphone. I unlocked and jailbroke but no mms....
    iPhone: 16gb 2g
    firmware: 2.2.1
    Operating system: osx

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by captin181 View Post
    no, you do not need a At&t sim. I have a 3g on t-mob, I was running 2.2.1 JB and unlocked with turbo sim.
    here's what i did without a hitch to get JB and software unlock to 3.0 with t-mob.

1. connect to itunes and run backup
    (make sure 3g is off, im t-mob, so i always have it off)

14. reboot and enjoy edge data network and mms!!

After I reboot, can I go back and enable 3G for Tmobile sim card? Or do we need to keep 3G off because tmobile doesn't support it? Sorry for the newb question. Appreciate your help all.

Thank you DEV TEAM!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 9,700 Times in 5,959 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zameus View Post
    After I reboot, can I go back and enable 3G for Tmobile sim card? Or do we need to keep 3G off because tmobile doesn't support it? Sorry for the newb question. Appreciate your help all.

Thank you DEV TEAM!!!
    No, 3G will not work with T-Mo, not same freq.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gomer713 View Post
    if it says T-Mobile in Settings/General/About then it IS unlocked
    Nope, it says "not available" under settings/general/about but I think thats because its just a dead SIM card. Under settings>carriers it lists both T-MO and AT&T as options when I have the TMO SIM in there. It doesn't have an option for "carriers" when my AT&T card is installed.

All the 2Gs I've unlocked all had the "carriers" option listed as well once they were unlocked so I'm guessing this worked fine.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    No, 3G will not work with T-Mo, not same freq.
    Thanks for the reply. One last dumb question. . If for some reason I happen to accidentally enable 3G will it brick the iphone, or simply just not work? Thanks!!

Thanks
    Thanks for the reply. One last dumb question. . If for some reason I happen to accidentally enable 3G will it brick the iphone, or simply just not work? Thanks!!
    ^ I have same question.... and a couple others.

If I bought a legit Apple factory unlocked iPhone 3G will it work? Or is it still a different frequency?

Are there any Turbo sim fixes for that, or something to that nature, of any kind?

And I know you can buy factory unlocked iPhones... so does that mean if you have a buddy that works for Apple or if you paid a significant amount, can you have Apple unlock it for you?

Last question... since upgrading to iTunes 8.2, I haven't been able to use iPhone browser on my cmoputer. I'm guessing because of the way it changes the way the computer talks to the phone. Is there another program to use to back up stuff like address book and all?

All help is totally appreciated. Thanks!

Thanks

When blkardi sait 3G does not work on T-Mobile she was, of course, only refering to the USA - it works fine in every other country.

But, to answer your question, with 3G turned on it will try and connect to T's 3G network and fail so you won't get a signal. If you turn 3G off again it will only look for their GSM network and you will be OK. You won't brick your phone.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

remyzero7 (06-24-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

THANK YOU SO MUCH DEV-TEAM
    and all you CONTRIBUTERS
    Last edited by JimmyNgo; 06-24-2009 at 05:38 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks guys, all of you are very helpful in this forum. Dev Team is the sh**.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by unfaced View Post
    ^ I have same question.... and a couple others.

If I bought a legit Apple factory unlocked iPhone 3G will it work? Or is it still a different frequency?

Are there any Turbo sim fixes for that, or something to that nature, of any kind?

And I know you can buy factory unlocked iPhones... so does that mean if you have a buddy that works for Apple or if you paid a significant amount, can you have Apple unlock it for you?

Last question... since upgrading to iTunes 8.2, I haven't been able to use iPhone browser on my cmoputer. I'm guessing because of the way it changes the way the computer talks to the phone. Is there another program to use to back up stuff like address book and all?

All help is totally appreciated. Thanks!
    If you enable 3G it won't pick up the T-Mo signal. It's easy to fix and won't brick your phone. Just go to Settings > General > Network and turn 3G off.

It doesn't matter if the iPhone is factory unlocked or not. It is physically impossible for the 3G to run on T-Mo's 3G network because of the different frequency, as you noted. And no, there is no fix to that.

The factory unlocked ones are ones that you have to purchase overseas. Apple here in the US does not sell unlocked iPhones at all. Maybe if you have a friend there, but he would have to be high up because I don't think they trust their lowly level guys with unlocking software.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to gumby579 For This Useful Post:

unfaced (06-25-2009)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I upgraded last night to 3.0 and it's very nice! Everything works(haven't tested tethering) but mms/text/calls work fine i had no problems.

I don't seem to have the battery problem people were talking about yesterday though, dunno what's up with their phone but mine works great!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Empyrials View Post
    I upgraded last night to 3.0 and it's very nice! Everything works(haven't tested tethering) but mms/text/calls work fine i had no problems.

I don't seem to have the battery problem people were talking about yesterday though, dunno what's up with their phone but mine works great!
    How did you get MMS to work? Ive followed the "MMS" thread to a "T" and still cant send a MMS. It just hangs up at about 90% then fails.
    Last edited by Turb02; 06-24-2009 at 09:05 AM.