+ Reply
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ultrasn0w is out - 3.0 Unlocked!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
you guys rule very nice job thanks a million
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

you guys rule very nice job thanks a million

Green Apple
    Thanks

HELP please..i just updated my iphone to 3.0 with my tmobile sim installed and now its stuck on the screen that shows the itunes logo and a usb. I forgot what that is called i feel like such an amateur but is this normal? should I continue to run redsn0w?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gumby579 View Post
    ultrasn0w is only for 3G. If you're using a 2G, then redsn0w will suffice.
    ok and i want to unlock because im selling my 2g, when i do this jailbreak and unlock process do i remove my sim card or leave it in?

also how do i know the phones unlocked? i have a att contract and my sim in the phone of course but i want to unlock and have it ready to be sold on ebay

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Edgarh16 View Post
    found a solution for cydia error re jailbreak without icy
    i didnt have any problems (vista /3g)

Thanks

dev team ROCKS!
    all their products are great i used ultrasn0w for 2 3g iphones and it works excellent with no problem at all! =]
    Iphone?? Hmmm..more like MyPhone

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default JailBreak/Unlock IPhone 3G with Baseband 5.09????
    Will next UltraSn0w help jailbreak & unlock w/IPhone 3G on ITunes 8.2 w/baseband 5.09? BTW, great work

Thanks
    Thanked 9,669 Times in 5,934 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BustAGroove View Post
    Will next UltraSn0w help jailbreak & unlock w/IPhone 3G on ITunes 8.2 w/baseband 5.09? BTW, great work
    that's what this does, you upgrade to 3.0, redsnow to J/B and then Ultrasnow for the unlock

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am SOOOOOOOOO irritated. I've tried installing 3.0 every way possible, but it asks me for a ****** at&t sim card for activation, EVEN AFTER I JAILBROKE. I installed custom firmware, but no difference :-@

Can someone please give me advice on how to make it work?

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cashboxz01 View Post
    I am SOOOOOOOOO irritated. I've tried installing 3.0 every way possible, but it asks me for a ****** at&t sim card for activation, EVEN AFTER I JAILBROKE. I installed custom firmware, but no difference :-@

What did you use to jailbreak? PWNAGE or redsn0w? If you used PWNAGE you need to make sure you enable activation which I'm not so sure it works all that well cause I tried doing it at one point and I has some issues as well. If you used redsn0w then yea you have to have an AT&T sim to activate. Just go borrow one from a friend or just roll down to AT&T and get a blank one to stick in your phone.

Green Apple
    Thanks

How do you run it??

What's Jailbreak? crazyarab1029's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cashboxz01 View Post

dude that's fine just use redsn0w to jailbreak it then use ultrasn0w to unlock it

or go here
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YyHPxl4NwU]YouTube - Jailbreak 3.0 Firmware iPhone or iPod Touch[/ame]
    and
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxML7FkwfgE]YouTube - How To Unlock Your iPhone 3G On NEW 3.0 Firmware With Ultrasnow[/ame]
    hope that helps

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by manuelant View Post
    Hi Guys,

Check this out.. I found in a forum a way to install Ultrasnow without wifi or Cydia.. I tested it by myself and it worked like a sharm..

Donwload: RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

Unzip

Run Unlock3G_3.0.bat

Reboot Iphone 3G

And that's it...
    Sorry for the earlier post...but how do you run the above? I used Diskaid to place the folder on my phone, but don't know how to run the bat file from there. Any help is appreciated

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

man....i havent beenn able to use my phone all day. this new jailbreak is so confusing. i don't know anyone with an at&t sim and i don't have the money to buy a new one.

i can't even restore and jailbreak anymore. it gets stuck at loading ramdisk

btw....i used redsn0w if that helps. someone plzzzzzzzzzz save me.

i tried everything, but i'm stuck at the screen with the itunes logo and usb

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    thanks dev team, JB 3.0 is where it is at. no more sim adapter!!!

one question tho. after JBing and unlocking my 3g to 3.0, can i restore from backup to get my old cydia apps back, or do i have to re-download them?

any info would be appreciative

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

works perfectly.. tmobile, edge, youtube!!

THANK YOU DEV-TEAM!!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

works perfectly, great work guys, very much appreciated!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Forgive my blatant ignorance.
    I have an iPhone 2G with 2.2.1 OS that NEEDS to be unlocked, otherwise it wont recognize any carrier on the country (they only sell iPhone 3G). I've seen around here people talking about jailbreaking only the iPhone 3G (besides not mentioning anything about a successful unlock). So, the question is: will there be a chance to have my iPhone (2g) with 3.0 jailbroken AND unlocked any time soon?

Note: not really necessary but anyway, I don't want the "get another one" sort of answer, thank you.

Thanks
    What is the difference between ultrasnow and redsnow? It says that redsnow is a "multi-device jailbreaking and unlocking (iPhone 2G only) tool for the iPhone 2G (original iPhone), the iPhone 3G (but not the 3GS)". And here it says that the ultrasnow "Unlocking your 3.0 iPhone or iPhone 3G is super easy now".

According to that above, the redsnow already unlocks/jailbreaks the iPhone 2G/3G, so what does this ultrasnow do that the redsnow doesn't? And whats with all these new app names - what happened to just PwnageTool/Quickpwn. Do these new apps do things that those two dont?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default ATT sim
    Just to clarify... I don't need an original AT&T sim card to jailbreak with redsnow and unlock with ultrasnOw?

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by codeseven View Post
    What is the difference between ultrasnow and redsnow? It says that redsnow is a "multi-device jailbreaking and unlocking (iPhone 2G only) tool for the iPhone 2G (original iPhone), the iPhone 3G (but not the 3GS)". And here it says that the ultrasnow "Unlocking your 3.0 iPhone or iPhone 3G is super easy now".

According to that above, the redsnow already unlocks/jailbreaks the iPhone 2G/3G, so what does this ultrasnow do that the redsnow doesn't? And whats with all these new app names - what happened to just PwnageTool/Quickpwn. Do these new apps do things that those two dont?
    ultrasn0w is for UNLOCKING the 3G iPhone
    redsn0w is for Jailbreaking iPhone2G/3G & iPod Touch 1G/2G