+ Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Microsoft Gives You $105 to Buy an iPhone 3GS

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I paid full-boat for my new iPhone ($699) and they have a pending credit of $244 in my cashback account. I did have to prod a bit. (I was an
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default They honored their obligation to me
    I paid full-boat for my new iPhone ($699) and they have a pending credit of $244 in my cashback account. I did have to prod a bit. (I was an existing AT&T customer, as well, when I ordered.)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    i purchased one with the bing link and have since sent four emails to their customer service to inquire about the lack of any pending cashback on my rewards page with no response. im going to be a pest about it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Please DO
    Quote Originally Posted by rryyddeerr View Post
    i purchased one with the bing link and have since sent four emails to their customer service to inquire about the lack of any pending cashback on my rewards page with no response. im going to be a pest about it.
    So i was about to leave the matter alone but because of the support from you guys i'm not going to. As a matter afact it surely is basis for a class action law suite. They used unfair and deceptive practices to lure people into buying these iphones early.

The link they keep on referencing about it not being included in upgrades or "added lines" was not there when I at least ordered my iphone.

If a class action were to be filed we would likely be reimbursed.

What now?

Hello Michael,

Thank you for your prompt response to Bing cashback Customer Support. We sincerely apologize for the delay in responding to your email. My name is Dan and this is regarding the opened incident with our team: 1105343505.

AT&T's terms and conditions state that in order to be eligible for cashback you need to have purchased a brand new phone with a brand new line of service. This means that all current AT&T customers would be ineligible for cashback. Though you may have been out of contract, you were an AT&T customer at the time of purchase. We follow the guidelines set forth by the Terms and Conditions, and unfortunately in this case that means that your purchase is not eligible for cashback.

As for contact information, unfortunately we do not have the information you have asked for. The only contact we have for AT&T is their Customer Support line. As for other upgrades being credited for cashback, we are under the impression that AT&T will be canceling those after review. We sincerely apologize that we were not able to resolve this matter to your satisfaction. As it stands, we are no longer able to assist you in this matter and as such I am now closing this service request.

Thank you, Michael, for contacting Bing cashback Customer Support.

Warmest regards,

Dan A.
    Last edited by mradz7; 07-06-2009 at 11:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

missed this

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It wouldn't give $105 they might provide a discount for that. Beside this offer looks vogue to me.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I have also fallen prey to the scam artists known as MSN and AT&T.

There were no disclaimers against upgrades when I placed my order on June 22nd. Now they are pulling a bait and switch on us.

This is sickening that AT&T would do such a thing. Qualified upgraders sign a 2yr contract and pay the SAME PRICE (IF NOT MORE) then new subs. So what's the point? If they are looking for new subs by screwing their existing base, that's a way to go!

FRAUD ALERT!!

This looks like serious grounds for a class action suit, and the class would be fairly small so expect a nice payout.

iPhone? More like MyPhone slidingmike's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RonHC View Post
    So if i upgrade my iPhone 3G [$400 upgrade] will actually spend $295
    Why in the world would your upgrade cost 400 dollars? are you trying to let them rip you off?

+ Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345