+ Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Microsoft Gives You $105 to Buy an iPhone 3GS

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by eclipseballer08 lol wish i wldve seen this b4 i bought my 3GS same here, I just got mine today might go return it....?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eclipseballer08 View Post
    lol wish i wldve seen this b4 i bought my 3GS
    same here, I just got mine today might go return it....?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Got this 12 hours after. so far so good

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    LMAO 2 months is wishful thinking on these rebates
    Yes 2 months is wishfull thinking BUT if you get you get it if not cancel and sell on ebay for 800$ I just did it and will wait and see.......

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crew7809 View Post
    Yes 2 months is wishfull thinking BUT if you get you get it if not cancel and sell on ebay for 800$ I just did it and will wait and see.......
    Wait a minute what is going for 800?

Thanks
    Default My nasty note...
    I just sent this wonderful message to Bing after I didn't get cashback for buying under premier.

I have not received cashback for my purchase. This purchase was made in accordance with the Bing cashback stipulations. ATT has no other Bing cashback additional terms disclosed on their site as noted here "Stores may not report your purchase to us if they determine that your purchase did not qualify for cashback savings because you did not comply with this contract or additional terms disclosed on the store’s site, or if the store determines that you were not referred to the store by Bing cashback. We may also disqualify reported purchases based on our own determination that you have not complied with this contract or the terms disclosed on the store’s site." From my assessment and inquiries, it appears that ATT has no such contract or terms disclosed on their site. As such, I believe my account should be credited for the cashback as for my purchase of a new two year contract and an Apple iPhone 3GS. If it is the position of Microsoft and ATT that my purchase does not follow the Microsoft or some ATT terms, I would like a link to the terms as available on their site and instructions on how they could be accessed by a consumer entering from the Bing Cashback link. If this issue is not resolved quickly there is a high chance for escalation as there is a large body of ATT customers who at this point appear to have been wrongfully misled into a purchase with the understanding that they would receive cashback. Thank You.
    I hope this is worded well enough to work out.
    Lost in the sea of data...
    Titanium 1ghz 1 gig ram-still chugging along
    no usb 2

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hmm

figured i'd order one today but the bing cahsback looks like its no longer going on for att.com

can anyone else confirm?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I upgraded through the link @ Bing.com. did the purchase as per directions.
    No cashback after 4 days, so I emailed them (with required details) and got a reply that said upgrades were not eligible for cashback and they included the following link:

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-pho...Conditions.jsp

Highlight from the link "ii.You must purchase the items specific to the cashback program and activate new wireless service on a qualified rate plan with a two¿year contract. Upgrades, add-a-lines and GoPhone (prepaid) service are not eligible for the cashback program."

Did anyone get pending cashback with an upgrade?

Cali

Thanks

Sure would have been nice to know upgrades need not apply. Now I'm $100 in the hole for the next 2 weeks...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Wish this was for current customers too.

Thanks

So you could get a discount twice?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    So you could get a discount twice?
    How do you see that?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Angry This is some BS
    They also sent me the BS that upgrades are intelligible after I had made my purchase. When did ATT post those terms? Is there nothing we can do? I'm still emailing back and forth arguing with them, because technically I am not under contract, and they just consider it an upgrade because I am on the same number. So i'm asking how it makes sense for me to terminate my entire account and reopen it to get the rebate. How does that help them.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Its strange that being a current At&T customer would even matter. The rebate is from Microsoft(which also doesn't make sense lol), so i dont see why it would matter. Unless AT&T and bing(Microsoft) made a contract for it. But either way its stupid. You think they would have programs for loyal AT&T customers too.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by leong6gtp View Post
    How do you see that?
    The rebate will be offered by AT&T through MicroSoft. It is designed to get them more customers. Existing customers already get upgrade discounts to encourage them to stay.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    The rebate will be offered by AT&T through MicroSoft. It is designed to get them more customers. Existing customers already get upgrade discounts to encourage them to stay.
    Well new customers already get the lower prices so i don't see your point. I know its to entice new customers; but i love how they just forget about their current ones. I haven't heard of current at&t customers getting more off of iphones? $199.99 and $299.99 for the 3Gs is all I have seen with no additional offers.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Good news than Microsoft is helping people to have iPhone but I don't believe it. See what interest does Microsoft have here?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Its just a rebate that Microsoft has thru all of its retailers on bing

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Angry Its still BS
    "The rebate will be offered by AT&T through MicroSoft. It is designed to get them more customers. Existing customers already get upgrade discounts to encourage them to stay."

Maybe for other phone purchases then the iphone, i didn't get any discounts to encourage me to stay!

What bothers me is that many people who initially caught onto this managed to get the rebate. Bing/Cashback whatever quickly realized this was costing them too much money so they patched the loophole, I havn't even seen the rebate lately through bing. Point is that I rushed to buy my iphone when I saw this rebate and now they are being little girls about it.

If they don't resolve it for me i'm going to go to ATT with all the emails and tell them I want to close my account and repurchase my iphone with the discount under a new contract!

I'm still fighting this:

Hello Mike,

Thank you for your prompt response to Bing cashback Customer Support. We sincerely apologize for the delay in responding to your email. My name is Dan and this is regarding the opened incident with our team: xxxxxxxxxxx.

I sincerely apologize for all the confusion surrounding this issue. According to AT&T's terms and conditions a phone purchased on an existing AT&T plan is considered an upgrade. The only purchases eligible for cashback are ones that are accompanied by a new line of service.

In these cases we defer to the merchant when it comes to the cashback eligibility of their products. Unfortunately, AT&T has decided that this purchase is not eligible for cashback. Once again I would like to apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused and we appreciate your understanding in this matter.

Thank you, Mike, for contacting Bing cashback Customer Support.

Warmest regards, "

-mike

19. The Following User Says Thank You to mradz7 For This Useful Post:

helibubba (06-30-2009)

Thanks

AT&T needs to pay these cashback claims because there was no disclaimer associated with the link that shows that the purchase of a new line was a requirement. I can smell a class-action lawsuit for deceitful practices and false advertisement in their future if someone is pissed enough about this to bring it to a law firm that handles c.a. cases...

Green Apple
    Thanks

So this dosent work anymore? I see no 35% CashBack next to the ATT link..

And how do you downgrade from Premier?
    Last edited by KhanhD; 07-01-2009 at 10:35 AM.