Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 87

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Microsoft Gives You $105 to Buy an iPhone 3GS

  1. #41
    Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    1,533
    Thanks
    162
    Thanked 136 Times in 95 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by RonHC View Post
    see it worked

    Bigger Font = More Attention
    But did you get your question answered?

    If AT&T does not recognize my school's email am i sol with this offer?
    iLive an iLife

  2. #42
    Default IMPORTANT- Read before trying Cashback (I researched it guys)
    If you use premier there is a high chance that you will not get cash back! The original tip that has been bouncing around is very misleading.

    I have read a bunch of stuff about this and also I have attempted to use it on premier. At least for me it has been two days and I have yet to get any credit on my cashback account.
    When many people have emailed Bing asking why they didn't get credit, Bing said AT&T told them that premier users were not eligible. So....

    What it says about not applying to upgrades is unconfirmable by anyone, but it seems most people are fine, because almost all phone purchases these days are upgrades.

    If you are on premier you have to downgrade back to regular in order to for sure get the discount, and if it is definitely AT&Ts policy not to honor cashback with premier, you better stay off for the whole two months until you have the money in hand, and then upgrade back up. Because there have been people who have had their cashback revoked on the 50th day, which is too late to return the phone for a full refund.

    So it didn't work for me yet on premier, and if you are not on premier stay off of it until you get your money. If anyone has evidence to the contrary please post.
    Lost in the sea of data...
    Titanium 1ghz 1 gig ram-still chugging along
    no usb 2

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by SpectralVeil View Post
    If you use premier there is a high chance that you will not get cash back! The original tip that has been bouncing around is very misleading.

    I have read a bunch of stuff about this and also I have attempted to use it on premier. At least for me it has been two days and I have yet to get any credit on my cashback account.
    When many people have emailed Bing asking why they didn't get credit, Bing said AT&T told them that premier users were not eligible. So....

    What it says about not applying to upgrades is unconfirmable by anyone, but it seems most people are fine, because almost all phone purchases these days are upgrades.

    If you are on premier you have to downgrade back to regular in order to for sure get the discount, and if it is definitely AT&Ts policy not to honor cashback with premier, you better stay off for the whole two months until you have the money in hand, and then upgrade back up. Because there have been people who have had their cashback revoked on the 50th day, which is too late to return the phone for a full refund.

    So it didn't work for me yet on premier, and if you are not on premier stay off of it until you get your money. If anyone has evidence to the contrary please post.

    Doesnt the original post say that you need to sign up for premier? So how do you get this to work?

  4. #44
    Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    1,533
    Thanks
    162
    Thanked 136 Times in 95 Posts

    So basically just go through with the steps without signing up for a premier account with AT&T? So the fact that AT&T Premier doesnt recognize my college's email doesnt mean squat? Yes!!
    iLive an iLife

  5. #45
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    50
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
    im not seeing this anywhere, anyone have a direct link?

  6. #46
    Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    1,533
    Thanks
    162
    Thanked 136 Times in 95 Posts

    Looking back at the steps...how would you do this then without the whole premier thing?
    iLive an iLife

  7. #47
    well i upgraded today at 4pm est..i see this post 30 mins later.

    I have been on hold for TWO hours trying to cancel my upgrade. I was going to say I was just going to get one at a local Apple store..seems no one can help..so Im just gonna wait for the 3G S to arrive in I guess almost 2 weeks. (7-14 est ship date from ATT's site) and just not sweat the $105 savings that "could" happen.

    Seems ATT is OVERLOADED with calls.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by RonHC View Post
    see it worked

    Bigger Font = More Attention
    Got my attention.

    Then I put him on my ignore list.

  9. #49
    I've seen Sprint ads on this website. Granted it's not an AT&T owned site but still....

  10. #50
    Lets me clear....if you are able to get the subsidized rate you are not upgrading.

    So has someone used this bing link and gotten the rebate for an upgrade....a purchase where you were charged the $18 upgrade fee and paid a higher amount for the phone??

    Thanks

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernie-Mac View Post
    Looking back at the steps...how would you do this then without the whole premier thing?
    1. Click here and you should see a link to get 35% off on the top

    2. Follow popup instructions on AT&T's site to get the 35% off

    3. Order your iPhone 3Gs!


    I think it actually makes a lot of sense to do it without the premium account because this is something that at&t and microsoft has going threw bing. It really has nothing to do with weather or not you have a premium account. You use the microsoft service to access the at&t site and you in return, you get the discount.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to JLEW700 For This Useful Post:

    Bernie-Mac (06-22-2009)

  13. #52
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Riviera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    141
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 14 Times in 9 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by JLEW700 View Post
    1. Click here and you should see a link to get 35% off on the top
    Dude, I don't see any 35% off link on the top.

  14. #53
    When i click on the att sponsored link it doesnt automatically send me to the premier page. And I wouldnt want to buy it to find out it doesnt work with premier accounts.

  15. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Riviera View Post
    Dude, I don't see any 35% off link on the top.
    Its the first of the 3 things in the tan/cream colored box

    I noticed that when you click the link in bing (the one that says save 35%) the loading page says "Your purchase during this visit to AT&T Store will earn you 35% cash back" If you see this and meet the requirements like being a new at&t customer and activating a new line, I would think it would work. Also, you need to make sure that your signed up for a live.com account
    Last edited by JLEW700; 06-22-2009 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  16. #55
    Default Sorry I was in a rush in my first post
    Here are some more explicit directions:

    1. Sign up for bing cashback
    2. Make sure you have adblockers turned off (that's why alot of people have been missing the link)
    3. Search "ATT wireless" on Bing
    4. Click the link- if you do not get a popup thingy talking about the ATT cashback it's not working
    5. Go buy your device and whatever
    6. Wait for your cashback to get credited

    Caveats:
    There is a chance they may give you cashback if you do things differently but you stand a risk of not getting it or losing it if you have any of these things:

    An $18 upgrade fee (if you are paying semi-full or full price for whatever)- essentially if you are not re-upping your contract

    A premier account (some people get it, some don't, but you have the risk of them taking it away)

    If you navigate away

    If you are not using IE(I know! Right!) I think Firefox is ok too, but Safari is a bit more hit and miss

    So basically with the whole cashback thing they've got you good. You can get the money, but it's like an instant rebate that can instantly disappear if their mood changes, because some premier people have been getting it but may get it taken away. On another forum I'm too lazy to link to someone has pasted an excerpt of an email supposedly from bing saying they won't honor premier.

    If you are not on premier, go for it and maybe join premier after you get the check
    But remember some companies premier discounts are so good you save more money with premier than cashback.


    So I hope that clears some stuff up and wasn't too long winded. I don't post often, and when I do it's only if I feel it's real important.
    Lost in the sea of data...
    Titanium 1ghz 1 gig ram-still chugging along
    no usb 2

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to SpectralVeil For This Useful Post:

    helibubba (06-30-2009)

  18. #56
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Oh boy two months... Maybe?!? How long will this last for?

  19. #57
    What's Jailbreak? michym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    sunshine + mickey!
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    so yesterday i got the 8gb 3g since they had nothing else & i needed a phone. sooo im on my 30 day trial period. can i go ahead and purchase this online? cant i do store pick up?

    im a bit confused lol

  20. #58
    Default 3g s?
    It seems you can only choose a 3G. Anyone else notice this? Thanks

  21. #59
    I just came across this on the bing website:
    "You can request your cashback about 60 days after your purchase (the waiting period varies by store) and with at least $5 in your cashback account. Terms and conditions."

    So you have to have $5 in your cashback account or you won't get the cashback?

  22. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny202003 View Post
    I just came across this on the bing website:
    "You can request your cashback about 60 days after your purchase (the waiting period varies by store) and with at least $5 in your cashback account. Terms and conditions."

    So you have to have $5 in your cashback account or you won't get the cashback?
    you can't cash out if you have less then $5 of cash back in your bing thing

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •