Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Over a Million iPhone 3GS' Sold, 6 Million OS 3.0 Downloads Served

Thanks

Thumbs up Over a Million iPhone 3GS' Sold, 6 Million OS 3.0 Downloads Served
    Apple's latest press release reveals the sales numbers for the iPhone 3GS the last three days - and they're pretty good. In fact, it seems that they've beaten last year's sales record.

Apple claims to have sold "over" one million iPhone 3GSs - no wonder the activation servers were being hit THAT hard! This is a huge milestone for Apple, not just because it has proved the claims of all the Big Daddy Analysts wrong - who expected only about 500k units to be sold - but they've also beaten any speculation made by most of the media who were worried about the minimal changes in design.

Also announced was the download numbers for the OS 3.0 which was no small achievement. Due to the 100+ great new features, there were no doubts that it would be downloaded with huge excitement - but 6 million downloads in just around 5 days is a huge percentage of the total iPhone owners.

Another exciting thing about the press release was a quote by Apple's Super C.E.O Steve Jobs which has ensured his return and a much more active role in Apple's day-to-day business.

“Customers are voting and the iPhone is winning,” said Steve Jobs, Apple’s CEO. “With over 50,000 applications available from Apple’s revolutionary App Store, iPhone momentum is stronger than ever."
    [via Apple]

P.S. Palm sold just over 50k Pres in this much time.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sayam For This Useful Post:

Babaman (06-22-2009), bdiddy619 (06-22-2009), PotatoHead (06-22-2009), reanimationxp (06-24-2009), Windmeel (06-22-2009)

Wow that's a lot of OS 3.0 downloads, that number would probable be higher if apple made the update free for iTouch owners

EDIT: FIRST!!!
    Last edited by spazturtle; 06-22-2009 at 02:07 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to spazturtle For This Useful Post:

bdiddy619 (06-22-2009)

apple is becoming boss man of phones
    i rememeber back in the day when barely anyone had an iphone
    now you see one and you dont think much of it

6. The Following User Says Thank You to lukasss For This Useful Post:

themadsinger (06-23-2009)

what lol thats rediculous!

LOL AND @ THE END 50k palm pre HAH that shety thing :P
    Last edited by FiLLYBoii; 06-22-2009 at 02:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Well done Apple.. impressive.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lukasss View Post
    apple is becoming boss man of phones
    i rememeber back in the day when barely anyone had an iphone
    now you see one and you dont think much of it
    Yeh, I remember having the 2G when it came out and being the coolest kid in college and then when the 3G came out, nearly everyone had it.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Well, I have to say that I'm impressed by the million plus units sold in just 5 days time. I thought that by this time most ppl would just go for the 3G now that's been reduced to just $99.

I'm waiting a month or so for "consumer review's" of the 3GS performance in real life (over a period of about a month which is fairly enough to give a real opinion) before I go about and by one. Whatever result comes out, I'm STILL buying one

Just want to know what's what before I do...

P.S.: FW 3.0 works pretty good on my 2G. Does have some small bugs to be fixed yet thou...

nice apple i was glad to help u achieve those numbers lol

Thanks

Would be interesting to see the rate at which OS 3.0 was downloaded initially, and the effect of the release of a jailbreak/unlock had on it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Devilish4eveR View Post
    Well, I have to say that I'm impressed by the million plus units sold in just 5 days time. I thought that by this time most ppl would just go for the 3G now that's been reduced to just $99.

I'm waiting a month or so for "consumer review's" of the 3GS performance in real life (over a period of about a month which is fairly enough to give a real opinion) before I go about and by one. Whatever result comes out, I'm STILL buying one

Just want to know what's what before I do...

P.S.: FW 3.0 works pretty good on my 2G. Does have some small bugs to be fixed yet thou...
    actually not 5 but JUST 3 days!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by A.T View Post
    Yeh, I remember having the 2G when it came out and being the coolest kid in college and then when the 3G came out, nearly everyone had it.
    Same was true with the iPods. I remember getting the very first ipod and being so cool for being the first one to have it. 100 million sold ipods later, they are standard equipment. I think we can assume the same progression for the future of the iphone.
    If I helped you out in any way, hit the Thanks Button.

iPhone? More like TyPhone

Quote Originally Posted by A.T View Post
    Lol..Pretty soon, everyone will have either an iPhone or iPod touch. I'm even getting a 2G iPhone right now without any service because I'm on Sprint. Eventually I would get on to AT&T or T-Mobile...

Green Apple
    Thanks
    wow 6,000,000 people with out push yet!! As well as allot of american AT&T customers without MMS. Great stats!! WAIT !!! The AP app has push I forgot

Quote Originally Posted by sayam View Post
    actually not 5 but JUST 3 days!
    hehe.. yeah in just 3 days... typo :P

wooooooooooowwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!

I got the new 3GS (Free upgrade thanks to BestBuy! But thats another story)

I love the new phone but i have seen issues with compass / about +/- 5 Degrees off.

Speed is great boot time from turning on phone about 21 seconds compared to almost 1 min with my 3G.

App loading much faster also.

BUT NO JAILBREAK

Soon, the iPhone will be standard equipment

I have 2. 1 2g and 1 3g. Waiting the opportunity to acquire the new 3gs.

Quote Originally Posted by almulder View Post
    I got the new 3GS (Free upgrade thanks to BestBuy! But thats another story)
    Free upgrade...EXPLAIN....
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast