+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Over a Million iPhone 3GS' Sold, 6 Million OS 3.0 Downloads Served

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I think a significant reason they sold this many iPhone 3Gs units is due to AT&T allowing iPhone 3G customers to get the upgrade discount, even if they weren't initially
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I think a significant reason they sold this many iPhone 3Gs units is due to AT&T allowing iPhone 3G customers to get the upgrade discount, even if they weren't initially eligible. I know this was the case with me. I wouldn't have been able to get mine until a few months from now but, because of AT&T responding to complaints of customers, I was there in line at 5am.

Way to go Apple!!

Thanks

Hey that's 5,999,400 more people that drank the coolaide then those who followed Jim Jones!!! Way to go Apple!

The 3GS resale market should be great for next year! Can't wait......

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Lol it's funny how Pre is total failure. There's no such thing as an iPhone Killer.

Green Apple
    Thanks

hey you forgot 6 million people without the video recorder, compass,photo crop, and everything else that the new 3GS has...Thanks Apple!!! Now I really understand why people Jailbreak their iPhones...
    Last edited by khaine74; 06-22-2009 at 04:32 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone spongebobiwan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M4tt Dam0n View Post
    Lol it's funny how Pre is total failure. There's no such thing as an iPhone Killer.
    An EXCELLENT point. HE gets it. Free markets determine who or what becomes an "iPhone killer" or any OTHER "killer" or financial success, not polls, or opinions, or editorials.

Thanks
    That's nuts.. and understandable.. I have both

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

that post news was stolen from a post i created earlier!!!!
    the original post is here ==>http://www.modmyi.com/forums/member-written-iphone-news/642221-iphone-hits-sales-record-again.html
    that's outrages, stop stealing from other posts and double posting!!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone kainisable's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jayson9 View Post
    Hey that's 5,999,400 more people that drank the coolaide then those who followed Jim Jones!!! Way to go Apple!

The 3GS resale market should be great for next year! Can't wait......
    lmao a Jim Jones reference in 2009,

I WANT MY 3GS!!!!, i bought my 3g on October 1st after my 2g stopped charing, now im stuck under a 2 year contact, im so effing mad right now

Like What i Said?, Hit The Thanks Button!

Thanks

Yea, I remember the iPhone being pretty exclusive as well, but I also remember when AT&T was the only company with a razr and it cost $600. How many people brag abotu the new Razr nowadays??

So, who knows what the future holds for iPhone. It seems like Apple has done a good job of "reinventing" the iPhone every year, so that its Fresh. I've some of the smartest people I know extend their contracts 2 years for a phone that in 1 year would only be worth #100, because they gelt that the iPhone is crack and they must have it...

Its a shame though. This is why apple held off on the features that come standard on every phone. Because they know that now people are going to be taht much motivated to get a phone to get the features, not the phone. I have a 1Gen and even if I upgrade I'm hearing I cant get SMS. I cant tether? Its like I'm leasing a phone. WTF, are you serious? Hopefully hacks come out so that people can use 3.0 features the same way like you can get Emoji icons

Thanks

i love 3.0 and noticed the bugs too, I love landscape text and the ability to sign into youtube and rent movies on itunes. It kinda makes the iphone stand alone as a super computer.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sayam View Post
    Apple claims to have sold "over" one million iPhone 3GSs - no wonder the activation servers were being hit THAT hard!
    Could have used this in the (loosely deemed as 'news') post last night...
    Respect your elders.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Funny how all those people were saying that nobody would be buying the 3GS due to it not being much different than the 3G. Guess it is different enough!

Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    Could have used this in the (loosely deemed as 'news') post last night...
    I see where you went there
    Last edited by sziklassy; 06-22-2009 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Those are pretty sweet numbers. Too bad AT&T is holding me back for a couple of months or I could add another user to the statistic.

Thanks

Great numbers. It doesn't matter how many people have iPhones. What matters is the person using it. I know a lot people that still don't know things it can really do. If we want AT&T to change and make service better (ie. MMS etc) lets keep making petitions. We the People... :-)

iPhone? More like MyPhone iRoach74's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by A.T View Post
    Yeh, I remember having the 2G when it came out and being the coolest kid in college and then when the 3G came out, nearly everyone had it.
    yeah, same with me. i was the only kid in my school who had an iphone when the original one came out, but now with the price being so low, everybody's got one. while im impressed with apples sales, i dont really like it. its nothing special or rare to have an iphone anymore.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikerlx View Post
    It kinda makes the iphone stand alone as a super computer.
    Man if this is a super computer, I'd hate to see a PC..

We who own an iPhone ?G are all sheep. And really well trained sheep, if we owned more than one (myself included).

I bet we will see another Bush in the White House at the rate we are going. We just don't learn.

iPhone? More like MyPhone b3nny's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by krazyrican20 View Post
    wow 6,000,000 people with out push yet!! As well as allot of american AT&T customers without MMS. Great stats!! WAIT !!! The AP app has push I forgot
    yeah the AP App has push and so does half a dozen others. but that doesn't mean its WORKING. beejive is reporting the longest wait they've ever had for approval on an update on their blog (apparently, cuz i didn't see it, but thats what someone else said). and seriously, even if you give apple the benefit of the doubt on that one, what about the aim app that already went through beta and worked well (from what i understand)? apple is holding back the floodgates on the high volume push apps cuz they know the system isn't ready yet. wtf apple. being a year late on this one wasn't enough? oh well then maybe you should have just let us have backgrounding and worry about our own battery life like big boys and girls. douche bags. which does beg the question of when backgrounder.app will update for 3.0...

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bluprint's Avatar
    Thanks

All a cell owner needs is great reception, good internet, mms, and a badass camera. And on top of everything else the ability to customize and play music.

over 6 million people are getting screwed if you ask me. For as much as I like the so called "new features" Apple will continue to hold back on new technology and they will also continue to fight with the jailbreak community, so what's the point.
    Last edited by Bluprint; 06-24-2009 at 10:35 AM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

+1 for Bluprint. This cat and mouse game will end really soon

"Everybody has common sense, but most just don't use it, then you wonder why?" - Neo-Tech

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12