Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Features Found! Invert Screen, Voiceover, More - iPhone 3G S Accessibility Options

It becomes a situation of what you think about it. The 3Gs is faster then the 3G, more memory then the 3G, larger disk space up to 32gb, more features then the 3G but it all comes down to wether that is a good enough reason for you to upgrade. Just my tw cents worth nothing else.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sirluis94 View Post
    You can get in on your 2g. it's working on mine. you have ti install sbsettings and enable numeric battery.
    mine had it without sbsettings!

I just restored my 2G iphone to a fresh custom 3.0 installation, and restored my backup. I did have the numeric battery option activated in bossprefs when I was running 2.2.1 but haven't installed any jailbroken apps yet on 3.0 .

Think it's kinda lame that Apple only puts those options in 3G en 3GS while the 2G is perfectly capable of having them too. (I'm not referring to the accessibility thingy, couldn't care less about that :-))
    Last edited by Tommer; 06-21-2009 at 09:50 AM.

The setting for battery percentage is under usage in settings

Quote Originally Posted by bscott05 View Post
    How did you get the battery indicator % to show up on the 3Gs

i know you can when you edit the plists on the regular 3.o for the 3G...

but for on topic post.. i was using it for an hour today.. then got old.. to retro for me
    The setting for battery percentage is under usage in settings
    Last edited by josh900; 06-21-2009 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

and why cant we do this on the regular 3G that we paid so much for.........

my 3G 3.0 "stock" has battery % right next to the Battery bar.
    Completly stock restore from Itunes, no changes. I dont have the settings for it but it shows up on the screen.

Found this on FSM and had been tested on the 3G but not the 2G so I thought i'd test it and it works fine for the numeric battery on my 2G .

This tweak is availabe via Cydia. First thing you need to do is to add this repo: http://apt.iphone-storage.de/ . Than go to Changes or Search and look for “asBattery” . This was tested with iPhone 3G ONLY, so 2G users you are alone here. Install the tweak and reboot your phone after install. Than go to Settings – General – Usage to activate it.

The accessibility options are pretty cool, and I'm pretty sure we can get them working on the 2g and 3g. Im sshing into my 2g iphone(jailbroken on 3.0) and if you navigate to system/library/coreservices/springboard.app there will be a file called M68AP.plist. Copy this file to your computer and add "accessibility" as a boolean class, next save this edited file back to your phone and respring. An accessbility option will come up under settings>general but it will be blank. Any help on how we get the toggles to actually show up and work?
    Wanna-be coder/iphone user since '08

Quote Originally Posted by wgm214 View Post
    The accessibility options are pretty cool, and I'm pretty sure we can get them working on the 2g and 3g. Im sshing into my 2g iphone(jailbroken on 3.0) and if you navigate to system/library/coreservices/springboard.app there will be a file called M68AP.plist. Copy this file to your computer and add "accessibility" as a boolean class, next save this edited file back to your phone and respring. An accessbility option will come up under settings>general but it will be blank. Any help on how we get the toggles to actually show up and work?
    i was able to get the percentage finally on mine using a DLed M68 file. i did not originally have one on my phone...? my file was named N82AP...weird.

Anyway, i also added the "accessibility" boolean in hopes that i would get the other options, but im in the same boat currently. and ive been searching through the OS all night trying to figure out a way to enable the options. PLEASE let me know if you figure it out!

m68ap is the one for the 2g, and n82ap is the one for 3g

Quote Originally Posted by wgm214 View Post
    m68ap is the one for the 2g, and n82ap is the one for 3g
    vice versa? i have a 1st gen iphone (edit: 2G).... i did a complete restore to 3.0 with a clean (only cydia installed) jailbreak.

I'm sure it'll only be a matter of time before someone figures out how to enable all of the software features of the 3GS on the 2G/3G!

For now, I'm just gonna go thread-searching looking for an answer, I can't think of anything else to change Oh and fyi most of the 3gs goodies have always been available for jailbreak users. The only things we wont see the 2g and 3g ever getting is 30 fps video recordering and compass.

quick bit of an issue i ran into... putting voice over on may lead to some issues! For some reason there is something called a "screen curtain" that turns on when you tap the screen with too many fingers. Im not sure how it happened because my mom did it to my phone and i though she broke the back light of my new 3g s... I managed to get it off but do not plan on repeating the scenario. Proceed with caution! lol.
    To find yourself, think for yourself © Socrates 469 BC

anybody have any luck with enabling the accessibility features? i downloaded the 3.0 SDK in hopes of searching a little easier. but if it entails adding other booleans or whatnot, i have no idea what to add. maybe some of our developer friends may know??? ;-)

Default invert
    somebody should make a theme for the invert screen for the iphone 2g, or is there anyway to get invert screen on the iphone 2g?

i know most of the focus is to get MMS working on 2G/3G iphones but has there been any progress with getting these other features enabled as well?

it would be cool to have these available.

Quote Originally Posted by poprocks View Post
    i know most of the focus is to get MMS working on 2G/3G iphones but has there been any progress with getting these other features enabled as well?

it would be cool to have these available.
    MMS on my iPhone 2G would be sweet! I would like to see that ported over. Stereo Bluetooth would be another feature for my iPhone 2G. Bluetooth dongle pieces are just so annoying! lol

EDIT: ActivateMMS2G in Cydia! Allows MMS on iPhone 2G
    Last edited by lilskaterpunk; 06-28-2009 at 09:54 AM.

is there anyone working on getting the accessibility features enabled on the 2G iphone anymore?

ie: zoom, invert colors, voice over... under settings>general>accessibility? ive gotten the catagory to show but no features to enable

if so, is there a new/different thread being followed? link?

Voice Control Coming This weekend

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123