+ Reply
Page 9 of 43 FirstFirst ... 7891011 19 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Windows] How to Jailbreak and Unlock iPhone 2G Firmware 3.0 with RedSn0w

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by whiplasher ok, what if i had cydia on a folder made from catagories. how can i get cydia out of it now after i have upgrade and
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whiplasher View Post
    ok, what if i had cydia on a folder made from catagories. how can i get cydia out of it now after i have upgrade and redsnow my iphone?
    I had the same problem and I just solved it. Fortunately I didn't categorize Cydia, but if you can somehow download Poof on to your phone, you can bring back all of those icons by switching them "on" within the program. Good luck.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hernanr View Post
    Done! Works great!!
    I had not to unlock, because i've already unlocked in 2.2, the unlock and the activation remains if you update to 3.0 on iTunes.
    All Contacts, calendar entries and AppStore apps remains too without the need of restore backup.
    Now i have to install the Cydia Apps only
    I just found this site, my bro gave to me, i'm having problems with my unlocked/jailbroken 2g iphone.. so you had ur's alrdy jailbrkn/unlocked and when u upgraded to 3.0 it stayed that way?

do i just need to upgrade to 3.0 or restore to 3.0? i have the option to download and install 3.0 from itunes.. but should i urpgrade to 8.2 itunes first? i'm using windows XP and have firefox if that's any help!

srry i'm a n00b with this!
    Last edited by Janstin; 06-21-2009 at 10:15 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I restored to 3.0 successfully. The only glitch is that it won't connect to wifi automatically. I have to manually go into settings and choose my wireless ssid manually every single time! Very annoying. Anybody experiencing this? Any ideas?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hell Yea!!! worked like a charm

Hell Yea!!! worked like a charm

Last edited by trunkler; 06-21-2009 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i got a little problem, i get to the point where it identifies the phone in DFU mode, but the process stops at "waiting for reboot"!!! i kept it there for like 40 mins and nothing happens... any help?? :S
    8GB 2G OS3.0 iPhone Unlocked+JailBroken

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Hanging on Waiting for Reboot
    Hey Guys
    thanks for all that time you invest to help us und bring us tools like redsn0w and so on.

Unfortunately I got some probs with redsn0w
    After updating my iPhone 2G to firmware 3.0 via iTunes (version 8.2) I quit iTunes in order to use redsn0w.

Following the instructions step by step I entered DFU-Mode. No probs till here! The first and the second step after entering DFU-Mode seem to work, but after those the tool gets stuck waiting for reboot (more than 10 Minutes). To make it clear: this is the second 'Waiting for reboot' after entering DFU-Mode.

The phone doesn't do anything while redsn0w waits.
    After quiting redsn0w the phonescreen stays black and the only way to bring that brick back to life is restoring via iTunes

I tryed several times and downloaded all files again from the opening post of this thread but its always the same problem

I'm using Windows Vista Business x64... Is it necessary to run redsn0w as admin??

Did I do something wrong??
    Has anybody an idea how to solve this??

Any Help is appreciated!!
    Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This worked fabulously on my iPhone 2G 16GB.

Just one little question. I have a 1G 4GB phone that I would like to unlock. I am under the impression this phone is infact a first gen and my 16 GB is a 2nd gen... is this right? Will RedSnow unlock the 1st gen phone too?

Anne

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

doesn't matter what size it has 4,8,16 gig, it's still 1st gen iphone, 2nd gen gsm standart, it means supports EDGE. this is nothing to do with iphone but network. other than 3G and 3G S, all of them actually 1st gen iphone but 2nd gen GSM or cellular network...

Quote Originally Posted by tome76 View Post
    ok i did a stupid thing:
    - iphone 1st generation, upgraded 3.0 on itunes 8.2
    - now cant opet any version of itunes, it says that itunes library.itl file is created by older version.
    - i cant be reinstalled, system restore wont work. im stucked.

any help appreciated!
    delete library.itl file and then launch itunes, it supposed to recreate that file from library.xml.
    Last edited by Lord Reaper; 06-21-2009 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Like many other people here, everything with redsnow worked fine until the very end, when it froze on me, showing a little loading icon at the bottom.

Now however, the pc wont recognise my phone at all! How am i supposed to attempt to unlock my phone now?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Works like a charm on my iPhone 2g. DEV-team great work! Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 9,517 Times in 5,843 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by annestover View Post
    This worked fabulously on my iPhone 2G 16GB.

Just one little question. I have a 1G 4GB phone that I would like to unlock. I am under the impression this phone is infact a first gen and my 16 GB is a 2nd gen... is this right? Will RedSnow unlock the 1st gen phone too?

Anne
    Yes, it will work.

Quote Originally Posted by D_Force View Post
    Like many other people here, everything with redsnow worked fine until the very end, when it froze on me, showing a little loading icon at the bottom.

Now however, the pc wont recognise my phone at all! How am i supposed to attempt to unlock my phone now?
    you'll have to put the phone in DFU mode/restore to a fresh copy and start the process over. Good luck
    Last edited by blkcadi; 06-21-2009 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by howlett15 View Post
    im giving my iphone 2g to my girlfriend and she has an att blackjack 2 without a data plan so untill she decides to update her plan to include data do i need to unlock the phone so we can just put her sim card in without having to activate through itunes? Then i will just download SBsettings and turn off edge so she wont be charged...right?

Thanks
    blkcadi can you help me? ^ Thank you!
    13" 2.9 GHz i7 MacBook Pro OSX Mountain Lion | 32gb iPhone 4S iOS 5.1.1 JB

Green Apple
    Thanks

Is there anyway I can increase Cydia's allocated space? Cause 500mb is not enough for me

iPhone? More like MyPhone Loyalty's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by k1dr0ck View Post
    are you using firefox? i've read there are some issues with internet explorer

use firefox download redsnow..search for the 3.0 ipsw file on your pc, if you can't find it download it again using firefox
    make sure you know where you saved it so when you run redsnow you'll know where to locate the file
    Correct I'm using IE......I've always use IE to download the firmware file with no problem (Granted I've always used Quickpwn). How all the sudden would the browser make a difference?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok, I have something to add to the list of issues being encountered:

I am able to update my iPhone 2G to 3.0 OS using iTunes, and then able to follwo the steps in redsn0w - the phone responds right up until the last reboot where it displays a solid white screen and redsn0w indicates that its done...what does this mean?

It does not recover from this condition even after 15mins - strange - only way to get it back is to switch the phone off after which i get the activate emergency screen. Prior to this the phone was unlocked and jailbroken using QPwn 2.2

Any help is appreciated.
    Last edited by confused.com; 06-21-2009 at 02:55 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

i am having an issue with first gen 8gb iphone I do all the steps and while the downloading jailbreak data screen is on the iphone redsnow crashes. Any Ideas on what I am doing wrong?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

quick question what does the unlock do..because i have the 3.0 firmware but i didnt check "unlock" is that why i have no carrier and no service i need it to be back to tmobile should i redo this hitting instal cydia AND unlock? THANKS!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default jailbreaking for dummies!
    there is alot of possible ways out there on google on how to jailbreak and unlock your iphone but this is for sure the most easy and sure-fire way to get it done with out any hassles!!

thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Loyalty's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by avrilina27 View Post
    quick question what does the unlock do..because i have the 3.0 firmware but i didnt check "unlock" is that why i have no carrier and no service i need it to be back to tmobile should i redo this hitting instal cydia AND unlock? THANKS!
    "Unlocking" allows you to use it on other carriers (like T-Mobile). So yes, you need to do it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Help!

Followed the directions and got the screen "Waiting for Device in DFU mode" and then to the "Waiting for reboot" and it won't go past waiting for reboot. And suggestions?