Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Windows] How to Jailbreak and Unlock iPhone 2G Firmware 3.0 with RedSn0w

That makes more sense.

Just finished doing this, works fine...m*P**ch is still working for the jailbroken apps too. I thought I would have to download that again from Cydia. Too bad cydia keeps crashing so much.
    Looking forward to the Ultrasn0w and the release of the 3G S JB/unlock for my new iphone.

Just a little off topic, what happened to these jumps in cydia?

Quote Originally Posted by Iaurt View Post
    It's been around here before, I think it refers to not having iTunes updated to version 8.2 :-? but I'm not sure :-?
    Solved it by installing my previous firmware, 2.2.1. Thanks.

I have a big problem big for me.
    Before the update to 3.0 i had 2.2 installed and in Cydia i had 127mb free outta 700mb. Now after installing only OpenSSH, SBSettings and MobileSubstrate I only have 98mb outta 500mb free. What the hell happened to all the free space?
    And yes, I did restore it, not update it, and my iPhone even has more memory now, 7.03 GB, before it had 6.93GB.
    Any help?

this sucks, where the heck did my ipod icon go? uhgg

I have an interesting question.....before anyone says it, I have searched and am currently searching my answer as well, wanted to get the input from others as well........I am planning in the near future (namely after Jully 4th) to get a 3GS. I really want to wait until a jailbreak is released for the 3GS until I buy one, but anyway, I currently have a 2G (ist Gen. iPhone). Can I simply unlock and jailbreak the phone and have it perform as an iPod Touch?

Simply put, can you unlock and jailbreak a 2G phone, never connect the phone to a network, and ONLY use it as an iPod?

Quote Originally Posted by ninthchamber99 View Post
    I have an interesting question.....before anyone says it, I have searched and am currently searching my answer as well, wanted to get the input from others as well........I am planning in the near future (namely after Jully 4th) to get a 3GS. I really want to wait until a jailbreak is released for the 3GS until I buy one, but anyway, I currently have a 2G (ist Gen. iPhone). Can I simply unlock and jailbreak the phone and have it perform as an iPod Touch?

Simply put, can you unlock and jailbreak a 2G phone, never connect the phone to a network, and ONLY use it as an iPod?

Yes you can just unlocked it and jail break it and just take out the SIM card afterward and just leave it in airplane mode!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to xxbenbenxx For This Useful Post:

ninthchamber99 (06-20-2009)

Hmm Iv tried restoring my firmware back to 3.0 now it wont even do that, the bar doesnt move..... :S

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I cannot connect to youtube on firmware 3.0
    anyone having the same problem?

Thank you for the great guide.

Btw, I can't even SSH from my PC into my phone anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Iaurt View Post
    Btw, I can't even SSH from my PC into my phone anymore
    same here.

Quote Originally Posted by xxbenbenxx View Post
    Yes you can just unlocked it and jail break it and just take out the SIM card afterward and just leave it in airplane mode!
    Thanks man, that is what I thought just wanted to hear it from someone.

Quote Originally Posted by hernanr View Post
    I cannot connect to youtube on firmware 3.0
    anyone having the same problem?
    Nope I'm on youtube just fine, the new youtube is great allows you to read/post comments now and the interface looks a bit different

havent tried to ssh yet will report back if it works, to ssh all thats needed is ssh and community sources right?

:'(

Now.. My phone is working fine, but my iTunes will not sync with it, and everytime i start iTunes it asks me to set it up and starts importing all my audio again.. then when i try to locate my library file it says the file is corrupt so i cant get my playlists back.

Anyone having the same problem? or can help? :'(

should redsn0w only take like 15 sec? It doesn't seem to be doing anything. The phone flashes a bunch of times but it doesn't unlock.

I downloaded the lateast itunes. Updated to 3.0. Then restored with the 3.0 IPSW listed here. Ran redsn0w 5 times or so and its still letting me to activate. I have been checking the unlock box in the install.

Any advice?

Default Problems Unzipping RedSn0w files
    Try as i might, I have been unsuccessful in figuring out why I cannot extract the compressed redsn0w files.
    Everytime i do i get the same message "There is already a file with the same name as the folder name you specified. Specify a different name."
    I have tried to give the folder im unzipping to many different names and i still encounter the above problem.
    Please help!!!

what am i doing wrong guys? ive jailbroken every firmware. i downloaded redsnow and the 3.0 restore file. ive extracted both. once i open redsnow and go to browse. i can not find a ispw file. ive downloaded directly from the link it appears the .zip file is missing something. am i going crazy or is something wrong.

thanks,

joe

Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast