Page 21 of 43 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 31 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Windows] How to Jailbreak and Unlock iPhone 2G Firmware 3.0 with RedSn0w

help i did this tut no probs but i get no servic its 2g iphone can anybody help me thanks

wut did i do wrong??? it re-locked my phone.....

Default Missing ipsw
    Ive used the link to download but cant seem to find any ipsw file afte rits extracted. Am I just being dumb or am I missing something?

Thanks
    Thanked 10,055 Times in 6,143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cooldaddio View Post
    Ive used the link to download but cant seem to find any ipsw file afte rits extracted. Am I just being dumb or am I missing something?
    When you extract the file, point it to your desktop, easier to find that way.

I did that and it looks like there several mac files (.dmg)a folder labeled .fseventsd a firmware folder and a couple files that look similar to quicktime icons but with a banner that say pref on it. Nothing with a file extension of .ipsw

Thanks
    Thanked 10,055 Times in 6,143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cooldaddio View Post
    I did that and it looks like there several mac files (.dmg)a folder labeled .fseventsd a firmware folder and a couple files that look similar to quicktime icons but with a banner that say pref on it. Nothing with a file extension of .ipsw
    Just edit it and change the file extension to .ipsw and you should be good to go.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

cooldaddio (07-12-2009)

thanks i got it

Thank You for the post, it is very helpful,
    I wanted to know why we cant update the base bands or bootloader file for 2G iPhone, this crack of iPhone has been avaliable for over a year now,
    would base band update not help the 2G cracked phone users?

Default Helppp!!!
    Hi, i have updated my FW to 3.0 last nite and most of the stuff was working fine,, and den i went to cydia and installed mms2g app, and it was installtintg and it asked to reboot the device and after that the iphone is not turning on, when i try to turn it on apple logos cums up and den it switches off after few second plz sum 1 help me or guide me what to do... its a 1st generation iphone wid 3.0 fw.. thanks

Respect IS due... Thanks!

After I download the zip file, the firmware does not appear, am I missing something? Can someone please help me?

Thanks!

i may sound really stupid but i have downloaded the four links, i extracted files from redsn0w-win_0.7.2 and then opened the exe file, i clicked browse and couldnt find any .ipsw files

is there something else i need to download or am i just missing something

Last edited by waterz; 07-14-2009 at 04:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

it cant be done on mine, after everything is done, my iphone screen still showing me a hdd icon with an arrow pointing it, n it keep loading..... can anyone help me?

it finally restarts~~~ then it shows me a man open both his hand widely all nite long, then nothing else appear~~~ sigh~~~~
    Last edited by bcsstb; 07-15-2009 at 09:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What a wonderful guide. Everything is working except the Vibrate function. It was working on my first jailbroken. Some reasons I need to restore to factory mode and jailbreak again then the Vibration is gone.

Anyone has solution??????

hi guys

ive been trying to jailbreak my iphone 2g without any luck. i follow the intrustions correctly and everything goes well till the last second when it come to the 2.1 boot neuter screen and it just freezes there. ive tried using vista and xp. does anyone know how i can jailbreak or fix this problem. many thanks

S

Hi All,

scratching my head on this one. I am trying to follow the guide but having a problem. I obviously have the 2g iphone and the following.
    Itunes 8.2
    Iphone 2.2.1 (5h11) Firmware
    red snow as per guide

I'm trying to fllow the guide and restore my phone to the 3.0 as suggested. But everytime I go to restore everything runs fine until it prepare the iphone where it endlessly runs and then ends on the eroor 1604.
    I've tried restoring from the 3.0 download which should be used with red snow but still the same thing. At any time I can revert back to the 2.2.1 firmare just by shift+restore and choosing the firmware which works fine with no errors.

If anyone could point me in the direction it would be appretiated.

Thanks.

ooh Just to add my iphone has been jailbroken before so just need the unlock.

Update:-

I tried a few registry cleaners, and removed the updates so itunes would load another 3.0 incase this was corrupt and followed a few guides to get rid of the error code.

In the end i went on another pc with itunes 8.2.1 and updated from there. Unplugged where i would like to restore from i.e new phone or back up then plugged into my pc and then backed up from there.
    Last edited by Pseudo-Ops; 07-20-2009 at 04:27 AM. Reason: Update

Default noob in need of help
    first off i should tell you that I am on a 1st gen iphone, went from 1.1.1 to 1.1.4 not too long ago.... now i am looking to upgrade to 3.0.

Somebody told me i can just upgrade through itunes and it would not undo my jailbreak/unlock.....is this true?

I d/l the necessary tools on the first page in preparation for the worst however, and I am having a few issues....

Browsing to select the IPSW, the 3.0 restore i saved to my desktop comes up "no items match your search", Following advise i edited the names of all the extracted folders and files to end in .ipsw (which changed the icons for all of them) each one when selected in redsn0w however comes up "unable to recognize specified IPSW"

Any help would be greatly apprectiated

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have a little issue putting back my backed up info.

I used this on my 1st gen Iphone, went to 3.0 and have it unlocked without any issues, but when I try to resync my 2.xx data back to my 3.0 phone it crashes the phone. Any ideas?

Thanks worked perfect

Why dosen't the firmware show up on my compture when I try to use it with itunes
    Can't find ipsw

Page 21 of 43 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 31 ... LastLast