+ Reply
Page 13 of 43 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 23 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Windows] How to Jailbreak and Unlock iPhone 2G Firmware 3.0 with RedSn0w

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
i have vista... not mac. I tried restoring iphone using "Shift + Restore" But says software is not compatible. so i just restored and updated using itunes 8.2. I wasnt
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    i have vista... not mac. I tried restoring iphone using "Shift + Restore" But says software is not compatible. so i just restored and updated using itunes 8.2. I wasnt aware of a new red snow until BEVA 922 pointed it out. so im gonna try that and cross my fingers and hopes all goes well.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks to everyone that worked on this. My phone seems to be working fine, except I cant seem to get the ad2p to work in my truck. Anyone got ideas/help?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Just tried with the 0.7.2....Same results!!! oh goodness!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LadyTech For This Useful Post:

joseph2009 (07-30-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ladytech i sent a link on the private message, i used 0.7.1 and it worked for me.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I've been trying with 0.7.1 all weekend. and im not exaggerating. And it hasnt been working. I can't update on iTunes doing the shift and restore. it keeps saying not compatible. so im forced to restore and update using itunes. at a lost for words right now. bee stuck all weekend. no joke.

Green Apple
    Thanks

i downloaded that restore stuff but when i try to use redsnow to browse it and i couldnt find it

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

well make sure u have the stuff and the folder in desktop, when u get to redsnow and try to find the files click on the desktop on the left and then everything on desktop would appear and click the folder that u put download it to

did u give up ladytech?
    Last edited by mike2001ny; 06-21-2009 at 11:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    SO i did everything right.. but maybe i messed up along the way on something!

after i jailbreak and everything goes good.. do i restore the phone again using my back u files?? it says that i would need them later on! also
    i logged on to a Wi-Fi and thought i was gonna be able to get on cydia when i log on it keeps timing out for some reason!! and sometimes it wold just go back to home screen. the signal was more then 50% and then when i tried to log onto the app store wouldn't log in..i've logged in before so it remembered everything but still didn't log in. besides that i went to safari and still nothing...

Let me know any feed back or if any one else is having this problem! PLZ thanks!

Green Apple
    Thanks

well i got it on my desktop but i just dont know how to extract that file to make it work. and redsnow work fine but just that restore file not working

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by binchen222 View Post
    well i got it on my desktop but i just dont know how to extract that file to make it work. and redsnow work fine but just that restore file not working
    Binchen222

when i DL everything i put it all i the redsnow file! makes it so much easier to find it. so before you start redsnow put the

iPhone1,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw
    along with
    BL-39.bin
    BL-46.bin
    and when i mean the redsnow folder is just open the first folder that on ur desktop and put it in there don't put it where the exe. is!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Janstin For This Useful Post:

binchen222 (06-22-2009)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Janstin View Post
    Binchen222

when i DL everything i put it all i the redsnow file! makes it so much easier to find it. so before you start redsnow put the

along with
    BL-39.bin
    BL-46.bin
    and when i mean the redsnow folder is just open the first folder that on ur desktop and put it in there don't put it where the exe. is!
    thanks for the help but when i download the iPhone1,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw. it came out as a WinRAR zip instead of the itune box icon. so idk what's wrong with it

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Well did you try deleting it off you computer and then re downloading it..maybe it could be cuz your using vista or are you downloading it with firefox? maybe that could be it!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

u dont need to redownload. even tho its rar or zip, just rename the extension from .rar or .zip to .ipsw then the icon will change

Quote Originally Posted by binchen222 View Post
    thanks for the help but when i download the iPhone1,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw. it came out as a WinRAR zip instead of the itune box icon. so idk what's wrong with it
    did u do wat i said?
    Last edited by mike2001ny; 06-22-2009 at 01:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

16. The Following User Says Thank You to mike2001ny For This Useful Post:

binchen222 (06-24-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Help please...I have Iphone 2G 8gb, Itunes 8.2, Windows Vista Ultimate SP2 I am currently logged in as the Administrator, i even selected run as Administrator on Redsnow but still doesnt work for me. I have the correct .ipsw file (iPhone1,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw) and the bootloaders all downloaded using Firefox. I get to the last part of the redsnow where its says DONE but my phone just wont boot open. Its stuck in the background trying to boot up (dim light). Ive restarted my pc and restored from itunes several times Any other suggestions? I dont have any other computer btw.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

does it requires itunes 8.2???

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Iaurt View Post
    You can do it only through Cydia or Installer i think
    fool, icy is installer

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yes

Quote Originally Posted by kunalsolanki View Post
    does it requires itunes 8.2???

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Excelent work guys, great guide and works perfectly!
    Keep it up...
    =)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks DevTeam and OP for redsn0w and this excellent guide.
    I now have my 2G iPhone JB and unlocked on FW 3.0.

The only issue I had was "Restoring" to FW 3.0 through iTunes. I would always get an error after about 5 mins (can't remember the code). I got around that by restoring to FW 2.2 then after that completed successfully attempted a restore to FW 3.0 again. this worked and I could then use redsn0w to JB/unlock.

I guess I should have put the phone into DFU mode before attempting the restore. So thanks also to blkcadi for his post (quoted below) - I will remember this for next time.

Cheers, Phew72.

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    DFU, this is the only way, if your getting a error it's not in DFU

INSTRUCTIONS
    Step 1. Turn off iPhone

Step 2. Hold down the power and home button.

Step 3. When you see the Apple logo, release the power button but continue holding the home button down.

Step 4. Open iTunes and wait for it to tell you that itís in restore mode.

Alternative Method:

Step 1. Connect iPhone to USB then listen to the sound when it connect and disconnect.

Step 2. Hold the home and power buttons until hear the disconnect sound then release power button.

Step 3. Wait until you hear another sound then release home button.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Seems like moving it to another PC with a fresh install of iTunes and a new USB port all worked well = now unlocke and activated.

Seems like its just moody on Vista!

Thanks for an awesome app @ dev team.