Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ... 7891011 19 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Windows] How to Jailbreak iPhone 3G Firmware 3.0 with RedSn0w

iPhone? More like MyPhone jjr3211's Avatar
    Thanks

everything is great been waiting for this for months thanks DEV TEAM you guys are the best

On my first attempt, redsn0w crashed during the "Uploading Kernel" stage.
    I didn't panic.

I waited for a few minutes before I turned the iphone off. I left it plugged in, and I turned it back on; everything was OK, but the jailbreak failed.

I turned it off, waited for a few minutes, and tried again.

Much Success!
    Isnít it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?
    -- Douglas Adams

first attempt failed..phone won't activate when connect to itune..so i restore to 3.0 and jailbreak again and it works great..thanks dev team

Thumbs up Woot!
    WORKED GREAT THANKS!!!! 2g T-Mobile Jailbroken & Unlocked!!!

Now I have to wait for Swirly to get up to speed!!!!
    Forums Rock! DEV Team Rocks!!!!!

Thanks

it seems like most bugs are worked out now. yesterday i jailbroke 3g it worked fine but winterboard would only apply half of the themes i had and the 5icondock kept bunching up to the left(big problem for most), the phone just ran slower than normal so this morning i restored and re-jailbroke again using redsnOw and everything works fine. the only "problem" i have is tweaking themes via ssh i go to library/themes and it gives me a error message about wrong folder, but i located it in the stash folder... weird!
    Quote Originally Posted by ??????
    Hi. Does anyone know is iBlacklist available in the app store? can it only be purchased outside the app store? If so, is it hard to install? Thanks everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadhunni View Post
    i guess we have to wait till quickpwn comes out then. Nobody can answer our question.
    Hey, i finally got it to work.
    What i did was deleted the other redsnow and firmware i had downloaded and redownloaded it it worked. Im not sure if it will work for you but it did for me, goodluck.

Quote Originally Posted by ch0sen1 View Post
    can anyone still make calls with a jailbroken 3G running on 3.0?

and you have no problems making calls? (I need to get on the 3.0 jailbroken but want iBlacklist and SBSettings cuz I need it)
    Yepp i can still make calls and everything; infact just got off the phone.
    Last edited by Caleb_Soccer_Star; 06-21-2009 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Diaboundd22 View Post
    SO i downloaded redsn0w and the firmware file here and everything downloads great i extract all the file but then i go to run redsn0w and look for ispw file but i cant find it in the firmware file or the redsnow file i tried redownloading but that did not work

any ideas anybody?
    most browsers add the .zip file extension to the downloaded file, especially on a windows pc. Find the file and rename it, in the rename..ONLY delete the .zip that follows the .ispw and the file icon should change and it should be recognizable and working at this point. Hope this helps
    Example: original file "filename".ispw.zip corrected file "filename".ispw
    Last edited by acidsurfr; 06-21-2009 at 12:18 PM. Reason: added example to workaround

Worked Awesome, first try. Thanks guys!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Im still struggling, even after redownloading redsn0w and iPhone1,2_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw.

I can get the phone into DFU mode and I get as far as the image below and nothing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Everything went...pretty much flawlessly for me, except that apps that I had both "unhidden" using Poof and also unhidden using the "enable restrictions" hack are not visible. Unfortunately for me, this also includes Cydia.

UPDATE: problem solved. I simply toggled "enable restrictions" one more time, and all was well. Winterboard, 5 icon dock, everything working. Btw, I copied and pasted the above paragraph (I'm on my phone). Yay 3.0!

does anyone elses screen flicker sometimes after they jailbroke their phone?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    i got 2 computers and i have the same problem, when redsnow is uploading the kernel , my computer says redsnow.exe has stop working, and windows its gonna close it and let me know for available solutions and the phone got stuck in the downloading jailbreak data.... screen

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I then cancel cancel the operation, then re-open redsn0w and go through the procedure again. It then goes through all 3 stages and gives me the following.

And then stays on a backlit screen with nothing happening.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jollyware For This Useful Post:

tonyaba (08-21-2009)

Default iPhone 3G 3.0 Jailbreak
    I am stuck on the same thing, followed instructions to the T and still have this black lit screen....

please tell me I missed a step?

Quote Originally Posted by Jollyware View Post
    I then cancel cancel the operation, then re-open redsn0w and go through the procedure again. It then goes through all 3 stages and gives me the following.

And then stays on a backlit screen with nothing happening.
    try to restore your iphone to a fresh version of 3.0 using itune then jailbreak using redsnow again

Default Works but can't connect to iTunes
    So the jailbreak worked perfectly fine. But now iTunes is telling me it can't communicate with my phone and to restore it. If pwnplayer was working this would be a non issue, but it isn't yet. Since I currently rely on my phone as my main portable media player I'm kinda stuck now. Any help?

What browsers do this? Opera never has, I can't think of an instance where FF has either, but FF is just a weird browser anyways so I guess it could be an FF issue.
    Last edited by f_itunes; 06-21-2009 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by vietxnameze View Post
    try to restore your iphone to a fresh version of 3.0 using itune then jailbreak using redsnow again
    did the restore, and same result, is this a Vista issue?

Thanks
    Thanked 10,215 Times in 6,216 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sadhunni View Post
    i guess we have to wait till quickpwn comes out then. Nobody can answer our question.
    Unfortunately, I have heard that there will not be any quickpwn anymore. Kinda bums me cause it's always been more stable.

well i tried to restore my iphone via itunes with the firmware listed in this thread and well my iphone is totally f'd up now..... it wont be recognized by itunes it cant communicate with itunes... what in the world is going on here???

Green Apple
    Thanks

Is this true with quickpwn? That it is no more? Where did you hear this? Any links to this?

Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ... 7891011 19 ... LastLast