+ Reply
Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 31 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Windows] How to Jailbreak iPhone 3G Firmware 3.0 with RedSn0w

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
really quick can i use this to jailbreak my iphone 3gs? my phone is already jailbroken but i need to redo it since cydia doesnt open anymore and i dont
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

really quick can i use this to jailbreak my iphone 3gs? my phone is already jailbroken but i need to redo it since cydia doesnt open anymore and i dont feel like waiting on the guy that does this for me.

thank you

Thanks

Yes.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default jailbrake OS3
    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Yes sir you can.
    Thank You very much

Thanks

Do not upgrade. do a clean restore. Upgrading will cause problems.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak? Firecracker_db's Avatar
    Thanks

Had to do mine 3 times. redsn0w application kept STOPPING ??? running under vista Finally worked, though.

Thanks guys!! you ROCK!!!

Now, I just need to get it to work in South Korea

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

What am i missing? i've downloaded the iphone 3g 3.0 firmware file from the link provided above and from another firmware link on this site and there is no .ipsw file among the files that are extracted using winzip.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    having a problem with my friend's 3G. i jailbroke it but when i insert the sim card there's no bars at all and it does not show any networks on settings. why is this?

redsn0w worked great on my 2G.
    Samsung Galaxy SII (i777)
    iPhone 4 16GB

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tbarrera View Post
    What am i missing? i've downloaded the iphone 3g 3.0 firmware file from the link provided above and from another firmware link on this site and there is no .ipsw file among the files that are extracted using winzip.
    Why not just use the one you get when you restore in iTunes? If you must download from anywhere else, just rename the .zip to .ipsw and it should work.

Quote Originally Posted by srsuser View Post
    having a problem with my friend's 3G. i jailbroke it but when i insert the sim card there's no bars at all and it does not show any networks on settings. why is this?

redsn0w worked great on my 2G.
    On a 3G you need to run UltraSn0w to unlock.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    But he has AT&T so do I still need to unlock with ultrasnow or do I do that only when you need to use it with a carrier other than AT&T

Thanks

No. But you need to activate in iTunes first and leave the SIM in when you RedSn0w.

I apologise, I saw you were on T and assumed he was too. I should have asked.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Oh I will try it again tommorow then. How exactly do I activate the sim in iTunes though. Thanks!

Thanks

Just connect the phone to iTunes with the SIM in, it will tell you it is activating and if you wait it will just do it (you need an internet connection, obviously).

13. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

srsuser (07-22-2009)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Oh sounds good. thanks a lot!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

okay first off this jailbreak works perfectly for my iphone3g I decided to give it a try and it didnt disappoint!!! So thank u for that but I do have one MAJOR complaint...whenever I go into to Cydia to download different keyboards....no matter which ones I download and apply NONE of them work!!! What should I do...Even when I try and apply a different SMS themes!!! it wont work at all...the fontswap works and everything else does including the sounds for but none of the keyboards work help

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JonesMelching21 View Post
    okay first off this jailbreak works perfectly for my iphone3g I decided to give it a try and it didnt disappoint!!! So thank u for that but I do have one MAJOR complaint...whenever I go into to Cydia to download different keyboards....no matter which ones I download and apply NONE of them work!!! What should I do...Even when I try and apply a different SMS themes!!! it wont work at all...the fontswap works and everything else does including the sounds for but none of the keyboards work help
    Do you have winterboard?
    iPhone 4 16GB

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok i might have posted this else where. im having problems installing ultrasnow. when i try and install it says "Note: The requested modifications cannot be applied due to dependencies or conflicts that cannot be automatically found or fixed. depends mobile sustrare >= 0.9.2976-1. im so stuck..so wat do i do?

Thanks

Update your mobilesubstrate.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Just connect the phone to iTunes with the SIM in, it will tell you it is activating and if you wait it will just do it (you need an internet connection, obviously).
    Just tried it again today, worked perfectly. Thanks man!

just one problem. i installed both icy and cydia. but now when i try to do anything in cydia like an essential upgrade it gives me an error.

internal error, could not perform immediate configuration on essential

and when i try to download anything else it gives me a similar error. i read on an ipodtouch forum that people are having similar issues but when they re jailbroke it and installed cydia only it worked fine.

is there any other way to fix this without re jailbreaking it?

i used resn0w 0.7.2 btw.
    Last edited by srsuser; 07-23-2009 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    iPhone 4 16GB

Thanks

You should redo it and NOT install Icy

Green Apple
    Thanks
    alright i'm re jailbreaking it right now. i don't have to restore it with 3.0 again do i?
    iPhone 4 16GB