Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 23 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Windows] How to Jailbreak iPhone 3G Firmware 3.0 with RedSn0w

just did mine Att 3.0 3g working pretty good so far

I can't seem to get it work. Every time I launch it and do the steps. Once it goes to the updating the ramdisk the application freezes and shuts down. Does anyone know what it is? I tried to the 0.7.2 version as well.

edit.....
    I don't know what it was but my sister used my 3G to use as a camera for some shopping came back and I tried redsn0w again and it worked fine.
    Last edited by dirtbmxer; 06-22-2009 at 01:50 PM.

Default really ****** my 2 g while upgrading
    hi need help did someone had a problem while updating i did as it was told in the site and explained but when it says unloking ur iphone no ram disk is loaded nor does anything happen till 30 minutes ...i restored it 6 imes but every time it gets stuck now cant go back to 2.2.1 nor can operate in 3.0 left with a locked phone ...plz,,plz,,plz anyone help asap realy need to get unlocked

Thanks
    Thanked 10,202 Times in 6,211 Posts

When you "Retry" make sure you start with a fresh copy of 3.0. Must go into DFU mode, restore in iTunes and begin the process over. Good luck.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

hfinmyblood (06-23-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Cant Wait to try this when i get home!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Again I have tried again about 5 times tonight, even with a clock to do the timing. The phone goes into DFU mode no problems and when the white screen shows I can see something, if you will, draw across the centre of the screen.

This i presume would have been the HDD icon, but no sooner than that shows and goes, my screen goes black & backlit and just stays there and does nothing else happens.
    Last edited by Jollyware; 06-22-2009 at 03:04 PM.

Thanks

Guys, this is the best video instructions I've seen yet. Good luck
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDDEN3zfQOg&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - How To Jailbreak NEW 3.0 Firmware For iPhone,iPhone 3G,iPod Touch 1st & 2nd Gen On Windows/Mac[/ame]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

YIPPEEEEE

I tried and succeeded by using a different pc running XP SP2 and all went well.

Will be back in a little while....

gotta test this ultrasnOw the dev team just sent me...hold on..BRB
    When ModMyi.com - your premier Apple & iPhone
    community AND
    The Dev Team MEET Apple, JAIL BREAKING,UNLOCKING AND DOWN GRADING OF BASEBAND(S) IS WHAT YOU GET....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sleek View Post
    Will be back in a little while....

gotta test this ultrasnOw the dev team just sent me...hold on..BRB
    huh, saw this in another thread, still lmao
    yea right!!!!!!!!!!!!!...........O_o

DEV TEAM Rocks again
    I read every post (but do not post) and true to this site I have been successful again in jailbreaking from 1.4 to 3.0. I was too quick with my first attempt on on a 2G and I learned to read...read....read. First time success again. Some apps do not work like videorecorder. All in all this is the best site for information.

ltrasn0w is finally in the new loader, after some regexp fails in the python testbed that I use to load the loader. Now testing...
    community AND
    The Dev Team MEET Apple, JAIL BREAKING,UNLOCKING AND DOWN GRADING OF BASEBAND(S) IS WHAT YOU GET....

can someone who uses the iphonebrowser program confirm that it still works on 3.0 JB? I'd like to know that I can import my custom icons before I JB and that's the program I prefer to use.

thanks
    National Champs imo

Quote Originally Posted by DukeSucks View Post
    can someone who uses the iphonebrowser program confirm that it still works on 3.0 JB? I'd like to know that I can import my custom icons before I JB and that's the program I prefer to use.

thanks
    1.91 works... 1.81 does not work.
    Using Vista SP2
    Last edited by harveyjoseph; 06-22-2009 at 06:19 PM. Reason: add more info

16. The Following User Says Thank You to harveyjoseph For This Useful Post:

DukeSucks (06-22-2009)

Testing has been going surprisingly well, actually. Usually Murphy's law applies
    community AND

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    You will not lose your contacts if you sync from a back-up after the jailbreak.
    There will not be a Quickpwn, this is it. Sorry
    OK ONE, As I thought it does not delete your contacts
    TWO, quickpwn will be released just not backed by DEV Team
    THREE, for another note this is not the latest version of redsnow, which can be found on the official website

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wesleyx7 View Post
    OK ONE, As I thought it does not delete your contacts
    TWO, quickpwn will be released just not backed by DEV Team
    THREE, for another note this is not the latest version of redsnow, which can be found on the official website
    TWO; You have obviously read that the dev team is looking for people to try to help figure out how to get a jailbreak on 3.0. Well, if they do, then great. I personally liked quickpwn over pwnage, more stable. Just stating fact as it is now. But I have been told different.
    You, again obviously know more than me.

THREE; I never stated that this was the latest version, there has been an update as we ALL know.

Not sure why you have decided to quote my post, but again, you KNOW more than me.
    Last edited by blkcadi; 06-22-2009 at 11:16 PM.

worked fine...now im just going through cydia...

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    TWO; You have obviously read that the dev team is looking for people to try to help figure out how to get a jailbreak on 3.0. Well, if they do, then great. I personally liked quickpwn over pwnage, more stable. Just stating fact as it is now. But I have been told different.
    You, again obviously know more than me.

THREE; I never stated that this was the latest version, there has been an update as we ALL know.

Not sure why you have decided to quote my post, but again, you KNOW more than me.
    The third point had nothing to do with u it was more of a general statement

I was also unable to preform updates with cydia, did anyone else have this problem? I'm gona try and restore and rejailbreak it.

**I rejailbroke it with out installing icy, and it works fine, I think the two clash.
    Last edited by wesleyx7; 06-23-2009 at 12:27 AM. Reason: Fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Real_Iphonecrazy View Post
    I am LMAO. Some of the people in this thread do not deserve a Jailbreak. Some of the questions/comments are fcuking ridiculous. these 2 had me rolling around on the floor. But there's plenty more if you need cheering up.

What so I have to upgrade to 3 first.

i can't even find an ispw file in iPhone1,2_3.0_7A341_Restore

Its not like the information isn't out there. Google is a great place as well as Modmyi, try searching/reading then ask questions FOR FCUKS SAKE.

P.S. Seriously unzipping the firmware file to find an ipsw or as the poster calls it ISPW file inside - what the hell next.
    Give the people a break . Not everyone is as informed as you . Gotta start somewhere and they probably googled up modmyi in the first place.

Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 23 ... LastLast