+ Reply
Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 22 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Windows] How to Jailbreak iPhone 3G Firmware 3.0 with RedSn0w

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Ok for those people who are having problems with redsn0w here what you need to do. Delete redsn0w and firmware, download again. Some people try this and it worked. Try
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Ok for those people who are having problems with redsn0w here what you need to do. Delete redsn0w and firmware, download again. Some people try this and it worked. Try it on another computer. During jailbreak your computer detect your iphone as a new hardware that is been install. If it doesn't then, it will not work. I think thats where the problem is. As you are running redsn0w, check the bottom right coner of your taskbar, see if anything pops up. If it detect and install the driver, then you should be fine. Sorry, thats all the information I know, So far I had jailbreak 3 iphone 3G 3.0 and all works on the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by CHuCKLeHE4D View Post
    i downloaded the redsnow file and i extracted it but i dont see exe file
    go into the folder that said " redsn0w-win-0.7.1 " in that folder there is a file named " redsn0w " thats the program.
    Last edited by jl6x; 06-21-2009 at 09:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

there is a problem when u extract the redsnow folder just change the folder names everytime it tells u that there is a folder under that name...

and if ur like me thinking u just download and go u might want to do some reading cause after i read i got my phone jailbroken in about 10 minutes after have downloaded everything of course. simple if u ask me and im not good at this stuff.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

if u extracted the redsnow zip u should get 4 files. first credits.txt then license.txt README.txt and the last is redsn0w.exe which is the one ur supposed to click to open program

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Restored 3 times, not by choice. Why doesnt this work? If its not one thing its another. hmmmm. i should have just waited! Caution others to WAIT till they figure this out!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stuckinoc View Post
    Restored 3 times, not by choice. Why doesnt this work? If its not one thing its another. hmmmm. i should have just waited! Caution others to WAIT till they figure this out!!!
    which part are you stuck on? u using windows or mac? vista?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stuckinoc View Post
    im still have the same problem like you... already lost all my apps so im starting over.. lucky i got all my contact in the sim card.. its a brand new start for me...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

not all my apps are syncing with itunes. any mobile installer out there or dinstall??? what will work with this jailbreak?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok i have tryed to toooooooo many times.. im done.. Its not working on my computer. i got through the process and when i get done im left with a a blank black screen with no HD Pic showing up.. im just goingto restore and hopefully the Quickpwn comes out with a jailbrake because this one dont work for me!!

Thanks

I was told there wasnt going to be a QuickPwn for 3.0 , which sucks .
    Here is what I keep getting .
    a warning saying
    No device detected. You probably misunderstood the instructions. Please consult Google or Youtube for instructions
    on how to enter DFU mode.
    Last edited by Fallguy; 06-22-2009 at 01:25 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

thanks.. works like a charm. for those of you still having problems, the key is timing. if you dont go into DFU mode, then it will not work correctly. you'll end up getting stuck "waiting for reboot". jif your stuck there more then 5sec, i think you that you didnt get into DFU mode correctly. simply just start over again. upon restarting, make sure to go into your pc processes and make sure that redsnow is still not running before starting. if its still running, redsnow will skip the full DFU instructions and cause you to get stuck again. i noticed this problem as i saw a few of my friends running into this the first few times.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default re
    hey, i have an iphone 3g but for about 3 months im not able to use it, after i updated it with new firmware before 3,0. i cant use since its not unlocked after new firmware,

so, should i wait for the ultrasnow to be released and, when it s released, do i still have to buy the new firmware from apple or the one u provide is enough?

Thanx in advance

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Smile Unlock Iphone 3g 3.0
    omg all i gotta say is your are the best im so illiterate at things but with your directions you cant go wrong... your the best !!!!!! and it saves me money from going to the ppl who charge you $80 to do it for you )

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I am really sorry to hear that people are still having a lot of problems jailbreaking. All the iphones i had jailbreak was on Windows 7 rc. Going to jailbreak my friends on windows xp and will post the outcome later tonight.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

going to try this tonight too...hopefully goes smooth
    Really?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Worked Great!!! Thanks to all who worked on this.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Still trying to update and jailbreak/unlock. Even tried using 0.7.2 version of red snow. ended in same result.... anyone who experienced this as well and finally passed this horrid stage.... post to help! PLEEEEASE HELP!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've not been able to get this to work. I mananged to get it to finish the wizard, but no sign of Cydia or anything.

After trying again I can't get the wizard to complete. It stops waiting for the second reboot.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

quick question guys. I've been told that this was a problem since 2.2.1 but I successfully upgraded to 3.0 and jailbroke with redsn0w. Downloaded winterboard and my theme. When I run apps the status bar up to with the time, carrier, signal strength, battery lif etc... it changes back to the normal iphone color. It doesnt stick or match with the currrent theme I have enabled. Anyone having the same issue? and is there a way to resolve this?
    Last edited by Hotjoint; 06-22-2009 at 10:19 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Followed the instructions and everything worked as expected. Didn't find any problems or anything. Running Windows XP SP3.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Real_Iphonecrazy's Avatar
    Thanks

I am LMAO. Some of the people in this thread do not deserve a Jailbreak. Some of the questions/comments are fcuking ridiculous. these 2 had me rolling around on the floor. But there's plenty more if you need cheering up.

What so I have to upgrade to 3 first.

i can't even find an ispw file in iPhone1,2_3.0_7A341_Restore

Its not like the information isn't out there. Google is a great place as well as Modmyi, try searching/reading then ask questions FOR FCUKS SAKE.

P.S. Seriously unzipping the firmware file to find an ipsw or as the poster calls it ISPW file inside - what the hell next.