+ Reply
Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst ... 89101112 20 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Windows] How to Jailbreak iPhone 3G Firmware 3.0 with RedSn0w

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Worked like a charm! thanks =) Cydia is a little slow at first, but it's working!
    Thanks

Worked like a charm! thanks =)

Cydia is a little slow at first, but it's working!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thank you! thank you! Thank you! this worked first time I tried it and worked flawlessly Cheers to dev team from all of us who don't know squat about software programs. Cydia works great for me, it seems like it might be a little slow, but that could be from all people on the system.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I just jailbroke the iPhone 3g just now. Everything went great, just going to update cydia and play around to see if everything works.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm having a different problem. I get through the redsnow program fine but once the phone goes to the "downloading Jailbreak Data", I get a windows message that redsnow has stopped working and to close it. I then have to power off the phone. Anyone else have this problem? I've tried re-downloading redsnow but still have the problem.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,869 Times in 6,032 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skyhighrocks View Post
    I'm having a different problem. I get through the redsnow program fine but once the phone goes to the "downloading Jailbreak Data", I get a windows message that redsnow has stopped working and to close it. I then have to power off the phone. Anyone else have this problem? I've tried re-downloading redsnow but still have the problem.
    I believe your going to have to start all over with a fresh copy of 3.0. Put in DFU mode/restore/J/B

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

everything works fine. cydia is kinda slow at first like someone stated above. but other then that, everything works =D.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    jailbreak my iphone 3g 3.0 last night and everything works. Going to do my wife's iphone 3g 3.0 now and later my sister iphone 3g 3.0. Post again when I am done. THANK YOU MODMYI.COM and DEV TEAM

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

my redsnow says unable to recognize specified ipsw and i downloaded the ipsw right from here someone help please

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Worked first time, thanks guys for ur hard work,

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

My redsn0w crashes sometimes any ideas??

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vietxnameze View Post
    try to restore your iphone to a fresh version of 3.0 using itune then jailbreak using redsnow again
    I have tried this now over a dozen times (maybe more) the phone goes into DFU mode and I always end up with the same result.

What's Jailbreak? DarkKnight8779's Avatar
    Thanks

LMAO, I figured it out, it's vista, I dont know why but I tried redsnow on my sister's crappy XP machine and the darned thing worked.

Sorry fellow Vista users..

Green Apple
    Thanks

well i guess third time really is the charm... managed to restore to 3.0 a third time then run redsn0w and successfully jailbroke my 3g w/ 3.0 firmware. Thank you for this software

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default ??
    for some reason i cannot get his working. Load all the files, hold the power button, then the home, release power, hold home, then says something like waiting for reboot. Thats its, doesnt go any further.

i then have to restore in itunes

Im not sure if its linked but keep getting a message on the tool bar saying this device can perform faster if connected to usb 2 port. But all my pors are usb 2

Laptop is acer 8930g running vista home premium

anybody help please

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i finally got it to work as well. itunes wouldnt update my phone on my xp machine. used my moms vista machine upgraded to 3.0 on the first try and redsnow worked great.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

can someone tell me where the ispw file is.. i downloaded the 3.0 firmire ware zip file but its not in there..

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Anyone having issues with the status bar disappearing when you open some applications? I'll go back to my home page & I can't swipe the top or see the signal, battery, etc. I have to go back into mail or another application for it to show back up.

Your thoughts are appreciated

@ OnlyOneSmoke - you have to save the file with ".ipsw" at the end and of as a ".zip" file. It took me awhile to figure it out b/c I unzipped & it was just .dmg & other files. If you go back several pages in this thread it's explained.
    Last edited by griff1211; 06-21-2009 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ive tried this twice now and both times everything goes fine but no cydia when reboots
    Last edited by David.DePue; 06-21-2009 at 05:59 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thanks. I did the whole thing and and got to Done on Redsnow but now by screen is blank. so i turned it off and turned it back on and no cydia.. right now i restoring it back to the 3.0 and doing it over. I dont know where i messed up.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,869 Times in 6,032 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOneSmoke View Post
    can someone tell me where the ispw file is.. i downloaded the 3.0 firmire ware zip file but its not in there..
    On the first post in this thread. Download to your desktop, easier to locate them that way.