Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [ NEW ] redsn0w - Multi-Platform Jailbreak/Unlock Tool

Quote Originally Posted by oknaka View Post
    Can someone help me?

"Guys i was previously on firmware 2.2.1 with iPhone 3G. I hit the upgrade button on itunes to OS 3.0... itunes extracts the software, and prepares the iPhone for updating. The silver apple shows up on the itouch, and the bar gets to roughly 70-80%, and iTunes keeps giving me the same error. "the iPhone" could not be updated. Error(14)."I tried several times restoring to the OS 3.0 i downloaded from iclarified and even the old firmware 2.2.1, even changing the usb ports to connect my usb to, but still the same problem occured. Any help guys? It's killing me. =("
    Upgrade to iTunes 8.2
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    Upgrade to iTunes 8.2
    It has already been updated. 8.2

It has already been updated. 8.2
    are you on a mac? a mac with no intel?

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Can someone help me?

"Guys i was previously on firmware 2.2.1 with iPhone 3G. I hit the upgrade button on itunes to OS 3.0... itunes extracts the software, and prepares the iPhone for updating. The silver apple shows up on the itouch, and the bar gets to roughly 70-80%, and iTunes keeps giving me the same error. "the iPhone" could not be updated. Error(14)."I tried several times restoring to the OS 3.0 i downloaded from iclarified and even the old firmware 2.2.1, even changing the usb ports to connect my usb to, but still the same problem occured. Any help guys? It's killing me. =("
    Go into DFU mode and restore, start all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by bobright View Post
    so basically instaluos now doesnt load/work on 3.0 firmware?

anyone else tried? if so thats a bummer i just might hold off
    It opens but doesn't load
    Last edited by MetallicaFan1991; 06-20-2009 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

everyone asking about instulus, you need to go to another forum and ask. these apps are for doing illegal things and you won't get an answer here about them.

btw, jailbroke with no troubles on a 3g 3.0 with windows 7. cydia is running fine now after the essential upgrades. well, it has crashed once but all is well.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Unfortunately you are indeed coming of very harsh, this is coming from an outside view. Most of the people on the forums have no knowledge of programming or the iphone mods whatsoever. We are here to help those people with useful information. I know I get frustrated sometimes too with all the repeat posts, but this is when you need to take a deep breath and either a. say nothing or b. nicely let them know what to do. Truth is that the people who are asking the repeat question probably found us on google and the link took them directly to the page they are posting on, so they never had a chance to read the previous posts.

BE NICE, you are not a moderator and do NOT dictate what people can and cannot post.
    as it has been said already,
    HOW can you tell me that my opinion should be kept to myself and then you tell me i can't tell anyone what to do here, but yet you turn around and say i need to shutup and or just answer the questions or what have you.

thats the same thing

you are telling me what to do now.

so who the he!! are you again??

exactly!
    you telling me to stop telling other people what to do because it is a waste of posts,
    then,
    SO IS YOUR POST THAT IS TELLING ME WHAT TO DO!

DUH!!!

it is bad enough having to filter thru allllllllll the dumb ***** questions but then we have geniuses like yourself that are actually worse than all the dumb questions.
    you arent helpin at all!

ur only makin it worse.
    take ur own advice,
    "if you don't have anything nice to say........."
    or
    "if you don't agree, ignore it and move on!"
    damn, truer words have never been spoken!

ever notice how this only happens during release times.
    so sick of it.
    xsellize has the same info.
    doesn't care about cracking and is WAY more mature than this.

later guys!

you are on your on.
    its been fun.
    sure no one will miss me
    lmao

last but not least,
    if you get the black screen after jailbreak,

wait!

its part of 3.0
    after tha apple logo goes away it stays black for a while on 3G, even longer on 1st gen.
    happens everytime you reboot.
    just takes extra long the first time.
    be patient
    Last edited by tattoojack; 06-20-2009 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tattoojack View Post
    "HOW can you tell me that my opinion should be kept to myself and then you tell me i can't tell anyone what to do here, but yet you turn around and say i need to shutup and or just answer the questions or what have you."
    Okay, I dont remember telling you to keep you opinion to yourself or to shutup...

"you telling me to stop telling other people what to do because it is a waste of posts"
    I never said ANYTHING about "waste of wall posts"

"sure no one will miss me "
    And YES, no one will miss you. Thanks for stopping bye.

I would like to add while you have been gone we have actually been helping people on here...

well i updated the girlfriends iphone 3G from a jailbroken 2.2.1 to 3.0 then restore her personal data including old cracked apps and such ....which when we tried opening them they would open the close right away.....then i applied the redsnow and jailbroke her 3.0 and now all her apps work perfect and the phone is like her 2.2.1 jailbroken , but running 3.0 .....i am stumped on how hers can run cracked apps on 3.0 yet mine and no one else can that i know of!!

Thanks

Okay, I dont remember telling you to keep you opinion to yourself or to shutup...

I never said ANYTHING about "waste of wall posts"

And YES, no one will miss you. Thanks for stopping bye.

I would like to add while you have been gone we have actually been helping people on here...
    hmmmm, thats funny
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/iphone-...ml#post4475031

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/iphone-...ml#post4474551

u have a very selective memory, but hey, i guess you have to, to get your merit badge right?

whatever keeps you from crying yourself to sleep at the night i guess!
    good for you!

begging for thanks!
    you're sooooooooo cool

and like i said before, me complaining about the many questions and still answering them no matter how harsh you think it is, is no different than you getting pissy because you don't like my replies.
    i don't like what they say, you don't like what i say.

who exactly is right here?

no one.

my opinion, your opinion
    all the same.
    just like buttholes. everyone has one and no one wants yours
    you telling me not to talk to people like that and ignore them,
    who are you?
    not a mod or admin or an owner.
    so i really could give a **** less if you like it or not.
    same way you feel i am sure

Last edited by tattoojack; 06-20-2009 at 08:53 PM.

hmmmm, thats funny
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/iphone-...ml#post4475031

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/iphone-...ml#post4474551

u have a very selective memory, but hey, i guess you have to, to get your merit badge right?

whatever keeps you from killing yourself at the end of the day i guess!

good for you!

You really are NUTS!! Nowhere in any of those posts did I say what you quotes. I actually handled myself very calmly. You have some major issues you need to work out alone with yourself and maybe a therapist. There is nothing more we can do for you here. On second thought, Maybe you can write an app for yourself...
    Last edited by Melech518; 06-20-2009 at 08:53 PM.

Thanks

You really are NUTS!! Nowhere in any of those posts did I say what you quotes. I actually handled myself very calmly. You have some major issues you need to work out alone with yourself and maybe a therapist. There is nothing more we can do for you here. On second thought, Maybe you can write an app for yourself...
    yeah i am NUTS, but who is telling me to calm down and what not and continuing to reply?

you!

you aren't the boss of anyone!

just a punk with no life.
    deal with it!

BOTH YOU 2 STOP!!!.....your making a mess of the thread!!!

Big thanks Dev team! I used redsnow to jailbreak 3.0 on windows yesterday and it works great. Even Tricker 3G works

Cheers guys!!
    Last edited by starski; 06-21-2009 at 06:24 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I feel dev team should have waited to release this until they worked out all the bugs,I went to install the weather icon only to find it doesn't work so uninstalled it and my weather icon now just has a "?" where it would normally say 73.Springboard crashes having to go into safe mode...def should have waited.Oh and the only thing I have installed from cydia is cycorder and bossprefs.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Lightbulb Device Not Found
    Installed and worked great! One thing I found was when I first tried to JB I got an error: "Device Not Found". How I got around this was to change the USB port the phone was connected to. Worked fine after that. Thanks Dev Team.
    Note to all who are frustrated with Lazy N00bs:
    1. I tell them to check ModMyI.com first.
    2. When that fails, I make $25 a phone to JB it for them at work.
    3. Let them be lazy! ;]

Happy Father's Day to all Fathers!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I keep trying to jailbreak/unlock my iphone 2G. Everything goes great until the it begins to say waiting for reboot. It stays stuck on that screen. I've restored my iphone a million times. Restarted pc. Updated iphone a million times. I've tried everything. Does red snow work on Windows for sure??? If anyone knows a way to help please do!! Im dying here!!!!!!!

quick question...
    if i upgrade to 3.0, jailbreak, ultrasn0w will be able to unlock for me when its out right? (currently on att, jsut wanna unlock it for the heck of it)

To LadyTech ....i ran into this problem over and over when i was on my laptop running windows XP .......but when i did the same on my HP desktop on VIsta , it worked perfect on 3 iphones and now all iphones are running great and Cydia and my apps are all on and running :-)

im getting the NPEBEA Steve Jobs icon after running redsnow on my 1st gen iphone , i tried to get to boot into DFU mode and nothing.. Even tried another cable and USB port.. I have done 4 other cracks without any problems but no matter what i do , i can't get DFU to work , it loads winpwn icon , then i get Steve Jobs icon... If i reboot same thing happens over and over...

Thanks
    Thanked 10,187 Times in 6,203 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leeo View Post
    im getting the NPEBEA Steve Jobs icon after running redsnow on my 1st gen iphone , i tried to get to boot into DFU mode and nothing.. Even tried another cable and USB port.. I have done 4 other cracks without any problems but no matter what i do , i can't get DFU to work , it loads winpwn icon , then i get Steve Jobs icon... If i reboot same thing happens over and over...
    your gonna have to get it in DFU mode, restore to a fresh copy of 3.0 and restore, not just try to run the J/B again.
    Here are some tips on DFU if you need them.
    restore/re-Jailbreak, it'll work.
    Good luck

21. The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

leeo (06-23-2009)

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast