Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Jailbreak/Unlock/Activate iPhone 2G on 3.0 Firmware - PwnageTool

i have succesfully upgrade 3.0 but there is no MMS option in it i couldn't get it, isnt it available for 2G ?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Do not upgrade iphone 1g with pwnage tool

i have tried to upgrade to 3.0 4 times everything looks ok with the signals bars to be full, but the problem is that if the device goes to sleep for more than 5 minutes it disconnects you from the network and no one can call you . I have tried everything from changing sim cards of different carriers to neuter my boot loader and unlock again. The problem remains. I will try to downgrade to 2.2.1

I have tried to upgrade without pwnage tool although there is no way to activate the phone I get full signal from my card and I am able to call to my phone. The network disconnection problem occurs only with the pwn tool.
    Last edited by astylianou; 06-20-2009 at 09:34 AM.

I have a question, i have a custom ipws for the iphone 2g unlock and activated. I'm wondering if can just put the phone in dfu mode and shift restore the phone to upgrade to 3.0.

Does this work with the iPod touch 2gen

Quote Originally Posted by astylianou View Post
    Do not upgrade iphone 1g with pwnage tool

i have tried to upgrade to 3.0 4 times everything looks ok with the signals bars to be full, but the problem is that if the device goes to sleep for more than 5 minutes it disconnects you from the network and no one can call you . I have tried everything from changing sim cards of different carriers to neuter my boot loader and unlock again. The problem remains. I will try to downgrade to 2.2.1

I have tried to upgrade without pwnage tool although there is no way to activate the phone I get full signal from my card and I am able to call to my phone. The network disconnection problem occurs only with the pwn tool.
    No problems here, working just fine and dandy. Was in sleep mode all night until somebody called me this morning.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Can u share the custom firmware? did u restore on windows on or a mac ?
    I have tried 4 carrier sims the same problem

iPhone? More like MyPhone jasonm253's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StigyiPhone View Post
    Thanks heaps. Worked well to get me past the 1604 error

Now I've just got to work out why iTunes now wont recognise my iPhone
    mine recognized it after it rebooted!

My sister has a 2G jailbroken/unlocked currently running 2.something. I am going to put 3.0 on it. is there anyway i can keep her files (contact list, photos, etc...) can i just back it up like normal, restore it to 3.0, then unlock it/jailbreak it them put the info back on the phone? Or is there something else i have to do?

Thanks

Thumbs up Worked for Me After Some Tinkering
    I have one of the original iphones that I had unlocked and jailbroken running the last version of the software, 2.something I believe.

This 3.0 tutorial worked for me on the second attempt, not sure why it didn't work the first time but boy was I nervous. I speculate it was because I had already downloaded the 3.0 software to my phone.

I wasn't getting any of the errors others reported I just got the connect to itunes screen on my phone and the bad software message in itunes. Ran it a second time and it worked fine.

A word of advice to tmobile users. I had to update my APN again after the software update. I woke up to see my phone was dead and I thought something happened to it. I charged it back up and the battery was draining like crazy. I went into email and got "could not connect to cellular data network" error.

So apparently the upgrade erased my APN and the constant searching was causing my phone to die.

If you get the phone unlocked succesfully but it gives you the could not connect error in email or safari update your APN to internet2.voicestream.com

Thanks to this site for publishing information on how to unlock these phones and also thanks to PWNAGE for making a tool that is very easy to understand and use.

Can't wait for the 3G S unlock so I can upgrade my phone

10. The Following User Says Thank You to TheSpread For This Useful Post:

ipoong (06-21-2009)

Default Pwnaged 2G to 3.0 successfully but no push notifications!
    I'm on a apple cell carrier in Mex with a 2G phone successfully unlocked/jailbreaked to 3.0. Everything seems to works OK except push notifications. Any clues?

Will running redsn0w help?

Thanks

after i click on the build button i get a red pop from pwnage saying i need to locate the bootloader? i noticed that this was not in the directions? i tried to work my way around it but i couldn't? i can't get pass this step... any help? or anybody encounter this? im on at&t 2.1 fw 1st gen iphone

Quote Originally Posted by TheSpread View Post
    I have one of the original iphones that I had unlocked and jailbroken running the last version of the software, 2.something I believe.

This 3.0 tutorial worked for me on the second attempt, not sure why it didn't work the first time but boy was I nervous. I speculate it was because I had already downloaded the 3.0 software to my phone.

I wasn't getting any of the errors others reported I just got the connect to itunes screen on my phone and the bad software message in itunes. Ran it a second time and it worked fine.

A word of advice to tmobile users. I had to update my APN again after the software update. I woke up to see my phone was dead and I thought something happened to it. I charged it back up and the battery was draining like crazy. I went into email and got "could not connect to cellular data network" error.

So apparently the upgrade erased my APN and the constant searching was causing my phone to die.

If you get the phone unlocked succesfully but it gives you the could not connect error in email or safari update your APN to internet2.voicestream.com

Thanks to this site for publishing information on how to unlock these phones and also thanks to PWNAGE for making a tool that is very easy to understand and use.

Can't wait for the 3G S unlock so I can upgrade my phone
    how do i update the APN?

I'm getting error 1600 when I try to restore the custom IPSW file.

Mac OS X 10.5.7
    iTunes 8.2 Pre Release
    iPhone 3G
    Pwnagetool 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by nyr99 View Post
    how do i update the APN?
    settings >general > network > cellular data network > APN

Thanks guys, successfully upgrade my iPhone 2G. Flawless. Only bug I found is that software quits on PowerPC processors. On my intel mac worked perfectly.

My settings: Iphone 2G, OS 10.5.7, iTunes 8.2, Pwnagetool 3.0.

Thanks Again

17. The Following User Says Thank You to judelgado For This Useful Post:

dont (06-30-2009)

Can anyone check if SIM APPLICATIONS are still accessible please? I don't wanna upgrade if they are not there. I have a 1G iphone with a tiwn simcard in it (2 lines in the same phone) and I need that to work. It's in Settings>Phone>SIM APPLICATIONS.
    Thx

Why couldnt you do this on a 3g the same way?

Make a custom firmware take out the bootloader so youre using your current one

Then install yellowsn0w

Does yellowsn0w not work with 3.0?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default I Haz Success!
    Flawless 3.0 Instal.....

Thanks Dev Team!

Gear: iPhone 2G on 2.2.1 Unlocked and Jailbroke on T-Mo.
    MBP running fresh install 10.5.7
    iTunes 8.02
    Used Pwnage tool 3.0 said yes to Pwaned before.
    Used Recovery Mode.......
    Restored from Backup

All is Good.
    Last edited by bladerunner88; 06-20-2009 at 07:12 PM.

Hey guys.
    I think I find an exit from this problem.
    If you have error 1600 or what ever and you can't restore to the old firmware, all you have to do is restore your iPhone to the uncustomize 3.0 firmware. The basically re-restore it but this time use the customize 3.0 firmware. AND IT WILL WORKS
    Mac 10.5.7
    itunes 8.2
    2G iPhone

anyone coming across a bootloader error?? i get that when im about to build my ipsw....
    EDIT: i also dont wanna unlock since im on legit at&t, can i uncheck the unlock baseband??
    Last edited by toawkanavngthded; 06-20-2009 at 07:35 PM.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast