+ Reply
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Jailbreak/Unlock/Activate iPhone 2G on 3.0 Firmware - PwnageTool

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Thankyou for the post above. Ironically I eventually worked it out last night, after several hours of attempts. I didn't check here for a reply as I'd had no emails
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Thankyou for the post above. Ironically I eventually worked it out last night, after several hours of attempts. I didn't check here for a reply as I'd had no emails to say a reply had been made!

Being that there seems to be so many people on this thread with exactly the same problem, and it seems all over the net with the issue, I'm wondering why the op hasn't been updated?

But anyway, thanks to the original poster for the walk thru, and to the post above from Melech518.

Thanks

^ The best way to say thanks is to click the 'Thanks' button in the post.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

baskie (12-22-2009)

Thanks

Right, didn't spot that, thanks for the heads up. Done.

:-)

Hi again, one small (hopefully) problem appeared today. No data service. Calls & texts are fine. Wifi internet/email is fine, but no email/internet when using my data service, that is, no edge.

Anyone any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks.
    Last edited by baskie; 12-22-2009 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Check your APN in network setting - sounds like you need to change it.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

baskie (12-22-2009)

Thanks

Yep, again, just worked that one out. But thanked you any way ;-)

For any UK readers looking the settings for Vodafone UK, they're internet, web, web.

Cheers to all for the help.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    You can download them here: 4.6 Bootloader
    3.9 Bootloader

You need to hacktivate the phone. Restore your phone to 3.0.1 and jailbreak using redsn0w and the 3.0 ipsw, or check the version of PWNage tool you are using. Make sure it is the most current build.
    Hi:
    I appreciate the replies.

I am downloading a newer version of pwnage 3.1.3. Before I try it, I have some questions.
    -Which is better, Restore and use Redsn0w or use Pwnage? ( I saw a caution on one Pwnage guide saying for the 3G phone you only get one chance - does that apply to 2G as well?
    -For the Redsn0w route, since the iphone (2g) is not activated, how can I restore to 3.0.1 ? I cannot do anything in itunes without it activated. I tried the instructions for checking phone version by dialing *3001#12345#* and pressing call but nothing happens.
    -Is it OK to use pwnage without knowing your phone version or being able to back up anything in itunes?

Please let me know. Thank you for your help.

Thanks

RedSn0w only works up to 3.01 (which you can download and restore using shift (Win) or Option key (Mac) but Pwnage 3.14 (not 3.13)works with FW 3.12.
    If you have a Mac use Pwnage 3.14

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

^Oh, and what he said

My responses are in red...

Quote Originally Posted by macman64 View Post
    Hi:
    I appreciate the replies.

I am downloading a newer version of pwnage 3.1.3. Before I try it, I have some questions.
    -Which is better, Restore and use Redsn0w or use Pwnage? ( I saw a caution on one Pwnage guide saying for the 3G phone you only get one chance - does that apply to 2G as well?
    Redsn0w can only be used on 3.0 and 3.0.1 firmwares. If you wish to upgrade to the latest 3.1.2 firmware you will need to create a custom firmware with PWnage. The rumors you have heard are false FYI
    -For the Redsn0w route, since the iphone (2g) is not activated, how can I restore to 3.0.1 ? I cannot do anything in itunes without it activated. I tried the instructions for checking phone version by dialing *3001#12345#* and pressing call but nothing happens.Put the phone into DFU mode by powering the phone off while plugged into the computer, then press and hold the home and power buttons for 10 seconds. Release the power button and continue to hold the home button until the phone is recognized by itunes in recovery mode. Then you can restore.
    -Is it OK to use pwnage without knowing your phone version or being able to back up anything in itunes?
    Not sure I understand the question but yes you can use PWNage
    Please let me know. Thank you for your help.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Melech518 For This Useful Post:

macfanalem (12-26-2009), macman64 (12-26-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 1st gen iphone itunes 9 for windows
    please help me. I have a 1st gen Iphone and my son connected it to itunes 9 and now it won't unlock. i jailbroke and unlocked with i liberty in the past and ziphone using tmobile sim card. i have att card too but no att service. i want to jailbreak it and unlock again but all the postings refer to mac. what do i do for pc? i have the 3.0 filmware and bootloaders save on my pc and redsnO program as well. please help. i use this ph for work and now i am lost

thanks

Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

^Oh, and what he said

My responses are in red...
    Hi everyone:
    Thank you for the replies. I believe I am getting closer. I have downloaded the latest Pwnage tool 3.1.4 and built the ipsw however Itunes gave me error 1604? The Iphone is an original 2G and I have Itunes 9.0.
    Is there a different ipsw I should be using for the 2G? (iphone1,1_3.1.27d11) Note, I did the restore again in Itunes back to what ever it normally downloads but I still cannot go back and verify the firmware version since the #3001 etc instructions do not work on my phone and the phone has not been activated. Please advise. Thanks you

Thanks

1604 means you are in DFU mode on a device that has been pwned before. Just do a normal restore, don't enter DFU mode.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

macman64 (12-26-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    1604 means you are in DFU mode on a device that has been pwned before. Just do a normal restore, don't enter DFU mode.
    Hi:
    I did the restore but I am back at my original problem. The 2G phone is not activated and Itunes wants me to sign up for a 2 year ATT contract. Should I run pwnage again and select Yes for a phone that has been pwnaed before? Or is there something else I should be trying?
    Please advise.
    Thank you

Hi Everyone:
    I just tried it again and it worked! I had to disable Itunes first. Then everything went through OK. I sincerely appreciate Apple Development team and the replies from Confucious and Melech518 - I did press the thank you on posts. Now all I have to do is learn how to use the iphone.

Thanks again
    Last edited by macman64; 12-26-2009 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Glad you got there in the end, but the Dev Team are nothing to do with Apple!

Have fun with your iPhone

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cuttooth View Post
    I'm in the same boat as some others with PowerPc based macs. I'm unable to run Pwnage Tool and build the custom IPSW file.

If anyone can PM the custom IPSW file to unlock/jailbreak and activate my 2g iphone, I would really appreciate it.

2g iphone, 2.1 firmware. Unlocked/Jailbroken.
    Mac G4 Powerbook, 10.5.7.
    Against forum rules, stop asking.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Melech518 For This Useful Post:

cuttooth (12-30-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

oops...sorry, i didn't read the posting rules.

Thanks

Against forum rules, stop asking.
    The OP has deleted his post but luckily you have quoted it so everyone can read it.....

Not sure why he has a problem as the PPC incompatibility was fixed in Pwnage 3.01 and 3.14 has no such issues.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

cuttooth (12-30-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    The OP has deleted his post but luckily you have quoted it so everyone can read it.....

Not sure why he has a problem as the PPC incompatibility was fixed in Pwnage 3.01 and 3.14 has no such issues.
    well, i'm an idiot. the last time i attempted to do this was when 3.0 was first released and was incompatible. i didn't realize the issue was fixed and i could do this myself.

ul/jb done...thanks given to those that were helpful

Thanks

You should always call by the Dev Team Blog for the latest news.

Glad you got it sorted.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

if i have version 3.1.2, then i assume instead of using the 3.0 firmware, i'll just use 3.1.2. and the same method outlined above and things will work?