+ Reply
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Jailbreak/Unlock/Activate iPhone 2G on 3.0 Firmware - PwnageTool

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
You need to use the latest build of pwnage tool like confucious said to build a custom firmware for 3.1.2. You will also need to make sure you are using
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

You need to use the latest build of pwnage tool like confucious said to build a custom firmware for 3.1.2. You will also need to make sure you are using the correct ipsw file for your version of iPhone. It should look like this: iPhone1,1_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Thanks
    I'm building for 3.0 on a 2g iphone
    Neither pwntool 3.14 or 3.0 with any ipsw file will build!
    may the force be with us

Thanks

If you are building for 3.0 then the correct ipsw file you need to use is iPhone1,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    If you are building for 3.0 then the correct ipsw file you need to use is iPhone1,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw

Am I writing in Russian?

IT DOES NOT WORK AND WILL NOT BUILD REGARLDESS.
    may the force be with us

Thanks

Sorry bud, YOU are doing something wrong. Try using another computer. All I can do is tell you the CORRECT instructions to build a custom firmware.

Thanks
    Sorry bud, YOU are doing something wrong. Try using another computer. All I can do is tell you the CORRECT instructions to build a custom firmware.
    so being insulting is a solution?

any real offers to assist here?
    may the force be with us

Thanks

I am trying to help you, you choose not to listen. That was not an insult, it was me telling you that the instructions written on the OP and the ones I have given you are correct. If you follow them properly you should not have any issues.

Thanks
    I am trying to help you, you choose not to listen. That was not an insult, it was me telling you that the instructions written on the OP and the ones I have given you are correct. If you follow them properly you should not have any issues.
    consider.
    I have upgraded this phone several times with no problems following this guide. There is another underlying reason(s) why I pwn 3.0/ 3.1.x crashes and I cannot do this one.

And get over yourself, the world will never revolve around you.
    may the force be with us

Thanks

I am obviously dealing with a child. Bye.

Thanks

That's right noone wants to stroke you. Throw a tantrum.

Any serious, knowledgeable and reasonable troubleshooters here let me know, appreciate your input.
    may the force be with us

Thanks

You can't help some people Melech - not worth the effort.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by andrew View Post

That's right noone wants to stroke you. Throw a tantrum.

Any serious, knowledgeable and reasonable troubleshooters here let me know, appreciate your input. :
    Last I time I checked, I was pretty knowledgeable, call me crazy

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    You can't help some people Melech - not worth the effort.
    This is the truth
    Last edited by Melech518; 11-29-2009 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 1,718 Times in 1,171 Posts

Thanks

Had to get bootloader 3.9 and 4.6 from another site and pwnage skipped some of the steps shown here. Other than that, it worked beautifully! Thanks so much.
    M & M

Challenges make life interesting, overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

does this have to be on a apple mac

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default pwnage tool problem - please help
    Hi Development Team, I need your help. I bought a used 2G Iphone and want to activate it just to use as an Itouch. I have a Mac G4 updated Tiger & itunes and downloaded pwnage and the other program as in the guide. While trying to build the file, the pwnage quits unexpectedly. It stops before prompting me for my password. Note, I did use firefox for download. I looked at Redsn0w but it wants you to restore in Itunes first but I cannot do that because the Iphone is not activated.
    Also, I have an old AT&T sim I borrowed and will need to return, I have an old Tmobile sim, and a new blank AT&T sim. Which should I sim should I use? Can I use the Tmobile which is mine? Note, I do not plan to use the Iphone on any network.

Please help.
    Thank you

Thanks

If you just put the AT&T SIM in and connect to iTunes it should activate and you can then use it as a Touch.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

HI, I have followed the instructions on in the first post, using the files linked to, but I'm getting the "Can't find Bootloader v3.9" issue. I wonder if anyone can help?

The phone I'm using is the original 2g version, it's presently jailbreak'd at 1.1.4 using Ziphone. During the process details in the OP, which I'm following to the letter, I'm getting to the first build stage, then a red window appears saying it's can't find the bootloader 3.9, it asks me if I want to find it on the net, clicking yes opens a google window.

I've read around the net that a few are experiencing this problem, and most seem to say with a downloaded bootloader file from the net it's still isn't working. Also, I'm nervious downloading files from unknown sources on the net.

So, I'm wondering if anyone can offer any help on this?

I wonder if I first need to upgrade the phone to that latest version of the FW available from Apple?

Any help gratefully received.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi:
    Although I have an ATT sim, I cannot activate my Iphone in Itunes without signing up for a 2 year contract. Unfortunately the pwnage program quits unexpectedly before getting to the password step (see below).

pwnage tool problem - please help

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi Development Team, I need your help. I bought a used 2G Iphone and want to activate it just to use as an Itouch. I have a Mac G4 updated Tiger & itunes and downloaded pwnage and the other program as in the guide. While trying to build the file, the pwnage quits unexpectedly. It stops before prompting me for my password. Note, I did use firefox for download. I looked at Redsn0w but it wants you to restore in Itunes first but I cannot do that because the Iphone is not activated.
    Also, I have an old AT&T sim I borrowed and will need to return, I have an old Tmobile sim, and a new blank AT&T sim. Which should I sim should I use? Can I use the Tmobile which is mine? Note, I do not plan to use the Iphone on any network.

Please help.
    Thank you

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by baskie View Post
    HI, I have followed the instructions on in the first post, using the files linked to, but I'm getting the "Can't find Bootloader v3.9" issue. I wonder if anyone can help?

The phone I'm using is the original 2g version, it's presently jailbreak'd at 1.1.4 using Ziphone. During the process details in the OP, which I'm following to the letter, I'm getting to the first build stage, then a red window appears saying it's can't find the bootloader 3.9, it asks me if I want to find it on the net, clicking yes opens a google window.

I've read around the net that a few are experiencing this problem, and most seem to say with a downloaded bootloader file from the net it's still isn't working. Also, I'm nervious downloading files from unknown sources on the net.

So, I'm wondering if anyone can offer any help on this?

I wonder if I first need to upgrade the phone to that latest version of the FW available from Apple?

Any help gratefully received.
    You can download them here: 4.6 Bootloader
    3.9 Bootloader

Quote Originally Posted by macman64 View Post
    Hi:
    Although I have an ATT sim, I cannot activate my Iphone in Itunes without signing up for a 2 year contract. Unfortunately the pwnage program quits unexpectedly before getting to the password step (see below).

pwnage tool problem - please help
    You need to hacktivate the phone. Restore your phone to 3.0.1 and jailbreak using redsn0w and the 3.0 ipsw, or check the version of PWNage tool you are using. Make sure it is the most current build.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Melech518 For This Useful Post:

baskie (12-22-2009), macfanalem (12-26-2009)