+ Reply
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Jailbreak/Unlock/Activate iPhone 2G on 3.0 Firmware - PwnageTool

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
OK guys, Just spent last night doing this. heres the deal for power pc users. I just downloaded the iPhone1,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw file .. (just read all the previous posts. I know
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

OK guys, Just spent last night doing this. heres the deal for power pc users. I just downloaded the iPhone1,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw file .. (just read all the previous posts. I know you cant tell were its uploaded here. but I do think you can pm people... (my idisk/ noall666) I just used the file someone else created with there intel computor. I just then put my iphone in restore mode. the first file I had sucked, i got it from a torrent site, it hd the no bootnueter, i think, so anyway. I found a good file. put my phone into normal recovery mode. went to restore using the alt/option key way... located the file.... BAM! waited patiently for it to do its thing. it restarted, waited again for it to upgrade baseband etc... I didnt need to do anything, its automatic. and BAM! jailbroke, unlocked.... (tried my uk sim card works fine...)
    summary. Power pc users(thats old macs.) just download the ipsw file from someone else and recover with that file. simple as that....
    later

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm using OSX 10.5.7, iTunes 8.2.1 and an Iphone 2g.

I followed all the steps, but PwnageTool 3.0 crashes every time I attempt to create a firmware restore file. I tried rebooting the computer, copying Pwnage to the HD, and even deleting and reinstalling it. No luck. Any suggestions?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

okay I am so confussed, I upgraded my 2g phone to 3.0 firmware. Now what do I do? I can't seem to get any quickpwn thing that woks for for it, and I sure don't have any idea on what this thing is about custom firmware.

Is there any videos or articals that explain all this to me in detail, because I am having one heck of a time trying to figure this all out.

Whatever happened to the good old days of just plug and play

LOL LOL

Thanks
    Kory

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by djdano38 View Post
    I'm using OSX 10.5.7, iTunes 8.2.1 and an Iphone 2g.

I followed all the steps, but PwnageTool 3.0 crashes every time I attempt to create a firmware restore file. I tried rebooting the computer, copying Pwnage to the HD, and even deleting and reinstalling it. No luck. Any suggestions?

hopefully this will help u out, make sure you uncheck

the "icy"... i did it a few times then i was like WTF it keeps on crashing... this should fix your problem, if it helps please press the thank button

iPhone? More like MyPhone alpawa's Avatar
    Thanks

Just a quick thing... You are on iTunes 8.2 right? Any previous versions will not do.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alpawa View Post
    Just a quick thing... You are on iTunes 8.2 right? Any previous versions will not do.

yes, you have to have the lastest itunes to do this, that was also one of my problems when jailbreaking my phone

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

im getting error 1600 when im restoring my iphone and just upgrated to itunes 8.2.1 i ned help!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    If you are on Safari...just add.ipsw to the end of the file...this should fix that problem
    Adding ISPW to the end just makes the name even longer and can confuse spotlight in searching with the .zip still in the name, best to simply delete .zip since it already has ispw in the name. If your mac is set to move items to trash after decompressing you'll have to drag the .zip back out of the trash and you can delete the two folders it uncompressed.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Please help Iphone Broke
    Please Help With Iphone
    I recently received my brother's old iphone from the States, I live in Croatia, so naturally for me to use it here we unlocked via instructions on Modmyi... All was good, instructions fantastic. However, last week I went into my Itunes to download more apps to phone and hit upgrade to latest version of Iphone software. Then learned I shouldn't have done this.

The phone is now locked, which only allows me to access emergency phone numbers. Apple's website said this was error message 1604. So I restored apple itunes settings. However, before I did this I tried to verify my iphone with the old At&t website that it currently belonged to and entered in the old info for the phone hoping they would send me the unlock code (they did with my blackberry) but no such luck for Iphone. So now I cannot do anything. Any ideas how to get to the last step of unlocking the phone for good and allowing me to use it again with Croatian sim cards?

Thank you,
    Kristianna

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

You need to Jailbreak the phone and unlock it again. There are many tutorials online including this one. If you provide us with the model iPhone you are using and the software you upgraded to we can help you out.

From what it sounds like you have upgraded to 3.0.1 and the error you are getting is caused from trying to load a earlier version of software on the phone. Try restoring/downgrading to 3.0 first, and then restore again using your custom firmware, if you have created one.
    Last edited by Melech518; 08-26-2009 at 06:51 AM.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi, thank you for replying to me. The iphone 2g, and latest software of itunes is what I am using. How do I restore downgrade to 3.0?

As of now, I cannot restore my iphone, it keeps going to the At&t website after I restore it and is asking me to sign into At&t account, which I don't have. There is a a USB cord with I tunes logo above it displayed on my iphone. I read on the Apple website about it cannot seem to get it to go into the home screen.

Thank you so much for your help
    Kristianna

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

Follow the guide on the first page....Create your custom firmware, put the phone into DFU mode, and restore using the custom firmware you have created.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Green Apple
    Thanks

thanx alot for the guide

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cash7c3 View Post
    This guide will show you how to jailbreak,unlock, and activate firmware 3.0 on the iPhone 2G (not the iPhone 3G, not the iPhone 3G S) all at once using a custom .ispw created with PwnageTool 3.0.

You need to download PwnageTool 3.0 and the iPhone 2G 3.0 firmware file.

Note: Safari does not download the .ipsw files correctly - it decompresses them as soon as they're downloaded. We don't want that. Use Firefox to download the .ipsw, not Safari. Or you can ctrl+click the decompressed folder & click the compress button.

Connect your iPhone 2G to iTunes and sync it (you will want that back up later)

Note: restoring will remove all Jailbreak app settings and WinterBoard themes. You can back that all up following this guide if you want to.

Once you have downloaded the firmware file and PwnageTool run PwnageTool. OS X my ask you if you really want to run it, choose open.

Hit OK to the Copyright

Since we are jailbreaking, unlocking, and activating the iPhone 2G click the iPhone on the left, make sure you have Expert Mode elected in the top left, and click the arrow in the bottom right.

PwnageTool will search for the correct .ispw (you downloaded it earlier). It will probably find it but if it doesn't you can browse to where ever you downloaded it. Once you have your firmware file selected, click the blue arrow button.

Select General and hit the next arrow.

Make your screen look like the one below (default root partition size should be fine, I changed mine, the larger partition you have the more Cydia room . . . ). Hit the next arrow.

Make sure the options I have checked match. You can update the bootloader if you'd like. Hit the next arrow.

Hit the next arrow.

Select (or un-select ) the package installer(s) you want. If you un-select both don't bother continuing. Hit the next arrow

Change logos if you'd like then hit the next arrow.

Now select Build and hit the next arrow.

Choose a place to save your custom .ispw that you'll remember.

It starts building your custom .ispw.

Enter in your password when prompted.

If your iPhone is pwnd and you are selecting Yes you can continue to iTunes further down in the guide. If your iPhone is not pwnd currently or you are not sure hit No.

Follow the instructions.

Hit Ok.

Close PwnageTool and start iTunes. Hold down the option key while you click restore.

Browse to, and select your custom .ispw.

iTunes does its thing.

Hit OK.

After your iPhone restarts BootNeuter will run to unlock and activate your iPhone. Don't mess with it while it is doing its thing. Once complete you can connect to iTunes and restore settings from back up or set it up as a new phone

Congrats you're done and have a jailbroken unlocked iPhone 2G on 3.0 firmware!

i hve iphone 2g stuck on boot screen itunes does not recognize it.......does itunes 8.2 prevent the iphone from entering into dfu mode.
    help plz

15. The Following User Says Thank You to iphone8002 For This Useful Post:

Twnkee (12-09-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default need bootload v4.6
    I followed the steps to the tutorial but I get stuck at "No bootloader v4.6 file found!" I did download it from the web, the file I got was bl39.bin but it still doesn't work. Please help. Thanks!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Exclamation Able to activate/unlock/jailbreak iphone2G? Itunes 9 FW3.1
    So as the title says
    I have:

iphone2G
    itunes 9.0 (most current)
    FW 3.1 on the 2g (most current)

I restored the phone to the newest firmware. I want to activate/unlock/jailbreak it.

I have had no problems doing this until recently.

I used pwnage tool (newest)

Everything goes smoothly. I got all the bootloader files and build the custom ipsw.

When I DFU the 2G and select the custom firmware to restore it goes through the "preparing iphone for restore"

Then it errors:
    See attachment

It would appear to me that this is because itunes is checking with apples servers to see if its legit firmware. Obviously apple doesnt think it is and it rejects it.

How do I fix this?

TIA!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How to Jailbreak/Unlock/Activate iPhone 2G on 3.0 Firmware - PwnageTool-iphone2gerror.jpg  
    Last edited by pingywon; 09-30-2009 at 10:08 PM. Reason: thumbnail not working :\

Thanks

I will try to update a 1st Generation iPhone from Firmware 1.1.x to Firmware 3.1.2, soon. If I use Pwnage Tool to create a custom Firmware, will I have to use geohot's fix for the modem software 05.11.07? You can see in the guide above, "enable Baseband update" is checked, so I wonder, will it update to 05.11.07? Or what else exactly means to enable Baseband update?
    thanks
    cirni

Thanks
    Pwntool 3.0 quits after aout 20 seconds. No idea how to solve. Tried reasonable solutions, restart mac, download files etc. No difference.

Thanks

Pwnagetool 3.0? Why are you not using 3.14?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks
    this is not working
    i cannot build the new ipsw file.
    pwn 3.0 hangs and crashes after about 20 seconds.
    i have downloaed and tried several repeats.
    no success

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Pwnagetool 3.0? Why are you not using 3.14?
    neither of them work and you cant use the ipsw you used with 3.0
    Last edited by andrew; 11-28-2009 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    may the force be with us