+ Reply
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7891011 19 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Jailbreak iPhone Firmware 3.0 - PwnageTool

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
i have a factory unlocked iPhone and upgraded to 3.0 on the 17th, all was well then. After Pwning I lost network reception, and upon restoring back to normal 3.0
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i have a factory unlocked iPhone and upgraded to 3.0 on the 17th, all was well then. After Pwning I lost network reception, and upon restoring back to normal 3.0 I wasn't able to activate. Retrying again in simple mode and selecting Yes to the activation through iTunes, lets see how it goes

Quote Originally Posted by bxtreme View Post
    i have a factory unlocked iPhone and upgraded to 3.0 on the 17th, all was well then. After Pwning I lost network reception, and upon restoring back to normal 3.0 I wasn't able to activate. Retrying again in simple mode and selecting Yes to the activation through iTunes, lets see how it goes
    it works!
    Last edited by bxtreme; 06-20-2009 at 05:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Great
    Its works like a charm Anyone wants to buy a unlocked 3G, Thank great tip and Tools

Thanks

For the guys who have a 1600 problem in windows when they custom restore in itunes that is because itunes is not allowing you to force the custom ipsw. In page 9 or 10 I did a walk through on how to get past this guys. Please i suggest you read the forums a bit to find your answer so go check page 9 or 10 in this post.

Quote Originally Posted by roshansri View Post

Hey guys well thanks for the write up thought i should also do a quick post maybe later the admin and do a proper post for the PC users.

All you need is to download the custom IPSW for 3.0 FOR 3G!

How to fix 16xx- Thanks to the guys over at dev-team posts who take full credit for this find!

1. download QuickPwn RC3
    2. download iphone 2.0.2 ipsw
    3. Run quickpwn rc3 and do everything it says until your iphone has a white screen.
    4. turn off quickpwn leave cable attached to iphone while white screen is on and turn on itunes .
    5. shift click restore in itunes and pick the 3.0 jailbroken firmware :3

VOLA! should be running like a PRO!

Thanks again to the guys over at dev-team posts who take full credit for this find!
    Here it is again and since i am posting again let me explain why you are getting the 1600 error..!!!!.
    Oh if you are wondering how you can get the custom ipsw. I cannot give you a link due to rules on MODMYI. But google the 3.0 custom firmware its out all over the place, Best bet is torrent sites, as for the quickpwn and iphone 2.0.2 ipsw google those too and you shall find what you need. Remember the reason for the quickpwn RC3 and the 2.0.2 is because of the forced boot loader it has it its version. It open your phone up to force the custom ipsw in itunes to load avoiding the 1600 problem!

Please send your love and say thanks !!!
    Last edited by roshansri; 06-20-2009 at 06:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yea but i'm not on a PC

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I read that someone else was having the same problem of Pwnage tool crashing. I'm having this problem also.

Is this a PPC thing? do I need to be running Intel? I tried everything that was suggested, uninstalling and re-installing Pwnage, but it still crashes in the same spot. Just says in the log "Unzipping .ipsw to tmp/ipsw"

any one else having this problem? any solutions????

>edit: I think I ran into somewhat of an explanation, I actually uninstalled pwnage this time (just deleted the icon), and then double clicked the .dmg, and dragged the icon to my applications folder and got this error "One or more items have special permissions and cannot be copied. Do you want to skip them?" the options I have are 'stop' and 'continue'. I pressed continue and launched Pwnage again, and it still crashes.
    Last edited by elle49; 06-20-2009 at 06:53 AM.

Thanks

For some reason pwntool rite now is not stable cant blame dev team since everyone out there is been bugging the dev-team to put it out soon. For some ppl it is working properly for other it doesn't . I suggest you follow the same routine and use pwntool to get to the point where the iphone is put into DFU mode with 2.0.2 and then USE A CUSTOM FIRMWARE found on the net for 3.0 made by someone who has success with it and put that into tunes follow the same steps as i have posted except with pwntool and 2.0.2 and then force quite and load itunes and you know the rest.

Thanks

Pwnage tool has quit unexpectedly. I keep getting this. I have downloaded the program from a torrent (official link from dev team site) and from modmyi members area. Both fail. I downloaded it through firefox as suggested above. I have updated my 3g iphone to 3.0 via itunes. I have restored the iphone to factory default so its basic config. I have even setup a new osx user account so the phone and mac are basic as possible. Can anyone help?? Really need to jailbreak the phone and get all my apps back. Thanks

sorry, just seen above posts^
    Last edited by drennan; 06-20-2009 at 06:44 AM. Reason: seen related forum posts

iPhone? More like MyPhone aussiebob's Avatar
    Thanks

Exclamation Windows instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by viral.eng View Post
    Do you mind send me a custome firmware as i dont have mac and cant wait till windows version to be released

I ahve tried this link from megaupload it is not working at all
    See here iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak Your iPhone on OS 3.0 Using RedSn0w (Windows)

All info including downloads for Windows.
    I just jail broke mine perfectly in 1 go.
    Follow instructions to a t
    My signiture? Whats that...............

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aussiebob For This Useful Post:

an0ther (06-20-2009), captin manering (06-20-2009), dtrotter (06-20-2009), mrwalleyeman (06-20-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by roshansri View Post
    For the guys who have a 1600 problem in windows when they custom restore in itunes that is because itunes is not allowing you to force the custom ipsw. In page 9 or 10 I did a walk through on how to get past this guys. Please i suggest you read the forums a bit to find your answer so go check page 9 or 10 in this post.

Here it is again and since i am posting again let me explain why you are getting the 1600 error..!!!!.
    Oh if you are wondering how you can get the custom ipsw. I cannot give you a link due to rules on MODMYI. But google the 3.0 custom firmware its out all over the place, Best bet is torrent sites, as for the quickpwn and iphone 2.0.2 ipsw google those too and you shall find what you need. Remember the reason for the quickpwn RC3 and the 2.0.2 is because of the forced boot loader it has it its version. It open your phone up to force the custom ipsw in itunes to load avoiding the 1600 problem!

Please send your love and say thanks !!!

Quote Originally Posted by hhaw3 View Post
    yea but i'm not on a PC
    i'm not as well
    Last edited by morpheus95; 06-20-2009 at 07:22 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Having the same problem on my iPhone 3g,I have to schroll from the beginning to the end on cydia.also some of my themes don't look right when I install them. I am going to restore it and do it again. Going to use firefox like they said and not safari

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

any explanation for the "One or more items have special permissions and cannot be copied. Do you want to skip them?"

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

sorry if this is a stupid question but im gonna ask anyway...im on osx 10.4.6 and im wondering if there will be any issues since im not on 10.5.7? thanks in advance

Thanks

Should not be a problem as long as itunes is updated for 3.0

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

im having issues with pwnage tool. about 1 min into building custom ispw the program shuts down. btw i have 3g trying to jailbreak 3.0 on OS X. Help please.

Thanks

I'm getting pwnage tool crashes on tiger PPC. I've got a iphone 3g updated to OS 3.0. If I open quickpwn, it doesnt let me select the iphone 3g so I cant load the downloaded custom restore. Theres so much info everywhere, its kinda confusing. Has anyone with the above setup got this working? Is the pwnage crash a PPC problem? Does anyone know of a step by step guide to jailbreak OS 3.0 on a 3G or alternatively, can I downgrade my phone back to how it was before I upgraded to OS 3.0? I really need it jailbroken and would rather revert till pwnage tool crash is resolved. thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i went with aussiebob's suggestion of redsnow and seems to be fine. i have cydia

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Error 10???
    Just tried to upgrade my software to 3.0 from 2.2.1.
    Followed the instructions to the dot. All went fine until iTunes started verifying the software on my iPhone and I got the error message "10".
    Could this be because I am using a powered usb hub (I can't upgrade my phone on a Mac Air without usb hub due to usb issues).
    Tks. Mike

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Jailbroke my 3g 3.0 with windows using redsnow thank god for that its awsome

THANKS AUSSIEBOB FOR THE LINK WAS EASY

Thanks

You CAN use Safari. Just turn off the feature for opening "safe" files after downloading. You don't HAVE to use Firefox.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

when you made the package in pwnage, did you uncheck activate phone?

if you didnt.. that would cause it.

10.5.7 fixed that
    Last edited by sircutbreaker; 06-20-2009 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

22. The Following User Says Thank You to sircutbreaker For This Useful Post:

CALBUILD (07-23-2009)