Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678 16 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Jailbreak iPhone Firmware 3.0 - PwnageTool

Quote Originally Posted by fluffer View Post
    i tried more techniques than soft mick. i was seconds from throwing my mbp and phone against the wall!
    this is the one that worked.

can i kiss you?
    No.
    If I helped you, then hit the "Thanks!" button please.

Quote Originally Posted by Soodeh View Post
    I can't find Cydia on app store

Default Just a quick question
    I have 3g iphone with 2.28 bb. Could i use the pwnage tool to preserve my baseband but upgrade to 3.0?
    Thanks

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NeoNightmareX View Post
    No.
    spoilsport!

too late anyhow, i blew one across the world.............a kiss that is!!!

Default Help with Cutom 3.0
    Hey NeoNightmareX, Thanks for helping everyone out.

Im trying to install a custom 3.0 on my 3g on a PC and it keeps giving me the 1600 error. I have tried your way exactly and still giving me error. Any other ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by mofolo View Post
    I think you need to "pwn" it as well to accept such a ipsw..

If it is possible to send out a PwnD .ipsw that could jailbreak all our iPhones... you'd think they would of released it?

Unless this is all part of the evil plan for them to get us to buy a mac?
    Custom ispw's are pwned. If they aren't then they are just stock firmware. They aren't posted because it's against the rules to post a link to warez, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by phaseshift View Post
    anyone know why openssh isnt working on cydia?
    We need more information than "it isn't working." Have you used SSH before? If so, open Cyberduck, or whatever you are using, Server should be the IP address for the iPhone and it should be connected to your home network over wifi. Username should be "root" without quotes and password should be "alpine" without quotes.

Quote Originally Posted by Pcpro745 View Post
    whenever i try to do the custom firmare i get 1604 or 1600 error, im on vista 64 bit, iphone 2g
    i had the exact same problem on my mac and pc, and my iphone was stuck on recovery mode, then i realised i didnt update my itunes on either so i updated it and it worked like a charm!... try it out!

i love it!

iPhone? ... No?... MYphone!!!

"The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on"

Custom ispw's are pwned. If they aren't then they are just stock firmware. They aren't posted because it's against the rules to post a link to warez, etc.

We need more information than "it isn't working." Have you used SSH before? If so, open Cyberduck, or whatever you are using, Server should be the IP address for the iPhone and it should be connected to your home network over wifi. Username should be "root" without quotes and password should be "alpine" without quotes.
    yes I have used it before its giving me a "warning: remote host identification has changed"

After jailbreaking my phone i no longer have service! This problem has happened several times as I have been jailbreaking since 1.1.4......If anyone knows the solution, as I have forgotten, I would greatly appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by vondersaar View Post
    I have 3g iphone with 2.28 bb. Could i use the pwnage tool to preserve my baseband but upgrade to 3.0?
    Thanks
    I don't have a 3G, but it would seem logical. You can try it out, but if it doesn't work, then you have to wait for Ultrasn0w.

Quote Originally Posted by DrMikeB View Post
    Hey NeoNightmareX, Thanks for helping everyone out.

Im trying to install a custom 3.0 on my 3g on a PC and it keeps giving me the 1600 error. I have tried your way exactly and still giving me error. Any other ideas?
    Did you build the firmware? If so, when asked "Has this device been pwnd before?" Did you click yes or no? If you didn't build it, ask the person who did.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to NeoNightmareX For This Useful Post:

vondersaar (06-19-2009)

Does anyone know when we can expect it for Windows?

My iPod is a Part of Me bteamer's Avatar
    Thanks

It's against forum rules to post links to firmwares, since it's technically warez, etc. I would say Google is your only option, unless someone feels like making you that specific firmware and PMing you the link.
    Not true, only for iPod Touch firmwares above 1.1.4. All the iPhone updates are free, so we can post without a thought. However, exnay on the iPod Touch inksla. good try bud, you get a pat on the back.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    LOL! DOesnt everyone know that only real women know how to handle a stick?
    Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    As long as Miguel can blow...he's straight.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    I dread that first dusting of the white stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    ready for a romp buddy? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Pcpro745 View Post
    whenever i try to do the custom firmare i get 1604 or 1600 error, im on vista 64 bit, iphone 2g
    really...
    Last edited by RonHC; 06-19-2009 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phaseshift View Post
    yes I have used it before its giving me a "warning: remote host identification has changed"
    Go to your Users folder through Finder. Then do Command + Shift + G and type in "~/.shh" without quotes and then delete Known Hosts

Edit: Teamer I have been single-handedly helping every single person in these two threads:
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/iphone-...wnagetool.html
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/iphone-news/635661-how-jailbreak-iphone-firmware-3-0-pwnagetool.html

Give me a break bro! :-P
    Last edited by NeoNightmareX; 06-19-2009 at 08:08 PM.

Go to your Users folder through Finder. Then do Command + Shift + G and type in "~/.shh" without quotes and then delete Known Hosts
    thank you worked perfectly

I got the custom firmware when it first was posted. I think it was built "yes".

From MuscleNerd's Tweet:

@rywalter yep you can restore to a custom ipsw that you *trust* even if you're on windows
    Anyone wish to upload a Custom IPSW for us? PM! I'll thank you in advance
    myRepoSpace.com - Easily create your own Cydia Repo.

THANKS SO MUCH DEV TEAM!!!!!!! So happy to have my 3.0 jailbroken now.

If it helps anyone:

1st FW bundle I made I accidentally had the Activate Phone checked, and didn't have service afterwards. I re-made the bundle without that checked and got the 1600 error. Re-started my computer, still got the error, and tried a different USB port, same error, re-made bundle again in Simple mode, and it's working fine, Just finished restoring from backup, and now it's syncing my phone, and I can see that I have full bars. All is working perfectly for me now!!

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jballa9 For This Useful Post:

RickyRS (06-23-2009), skitomcat1 (06-20-2009)

iPhone? More like MyPhone ugshotgun's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Forgive Me!
    I have a 3G 8GB iPhone running the 3.0 firmware; just updated. I'm a bit confused in regard to the Windows Users, as I am. Am I able to jailbreak my phone as a windows user; or do I have to wait until there's a release for windows users. I see all kinds of jailbreaking options for MAC. I'm not impatient at all; just curious. Thanks for any assistance that can be offered.

Thanks!

Chris
    Last edited by ugshotgun; 06-19-2009 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ugshotgun View Post
    I have a 3G 8GB iPhone running the 3.0 firmware; just updated. I'm a bit confused in regard to the Windows Users, as I am. Am I able to jailbreak my phone as a windows user; or do I have to wait until there's a release for windows users. I see all kinds of jailbreaking options for MAC. I'm not impatient at all; just curious. Thanks for any assistance that can be offered.

Thanks!

Chris
    yup people with windows gotta wait
    iPhone 3G OS 3.0 Jailbroken ATT User

iPhone? More like MyPhone ugshotgun's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks for your quick reply! I love the new firmware, but do miss my Cydia Apps! Thanks Bro!

Chris

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678 16 ... LastLast