Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Jailbreak iPhone Firmware 3.0 - PwnageTool

iPhone? More like MyPhone djdraco's Avatar
    Thanks

It's fun always trying to guess which platform pwnage or quickpwn will be released first. Sometimes windows, sometimes mac. And then you get to see everyone spaz because they don't have the current platform. Not bashin anyone, I've got a pc, it's just fun to watch sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by tdonnelly0987 View Post
    Is anyone having a problem with Cydia after updating to 3.0 on a 2g iphone. It seems that the search bar on the right in Cydia is no longer there. If I want to install a package that starts with the letter T I have to manually scroll through every single file starting at A. I used to be able to jump right to the beginning of the T packages when I was on 2.2.1. Can anyone help please?
    Yep, same issue. Guess it's being worked on.

ima lose all my cydia apps and shyt when i do all this....arent i..

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    ok all with the 1600 error problem. First tried it and at the step where it said has your phone been owned before, I of course said yes. So I tried to enter dfu mode myself and hit option+restore. Thats when I would the get the 1600 error. (tried twice, with no luck) Went back and pwnd it again at the option I hit NO (there part where it asks if its been pwned)Followed the steps, and the option+restore, and it worked. Hope this helps, and if it does hit thanks!
    Last edited by pickeledpeter; 06-19-2009 at 04:32 PM.

Default Custom .ipsw for windows
    I have the custom .ipsw for all you windows user if someone can tell me where I can host the file, I will share.

Can always have a mac with windows using bootcamp.. Solves all issues.

Quote Originally Posted by pickeledpeter View Post
    Hello all... Just an update on my sisters 2G. Pwnage tool was successful, entering recovery mode was successful, option+restore is where im getting the trouble... Im getting a 1600 error. Any Ideas?
    You have to put it into DFU mode, not recovery mode. How To: Enter DFU Restore Mode - ModMyi - Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by myke55 View Post
    hmm, i read in one of these million threads that all of these updates and unlock isnt going to be like the last time, with so many kinks to have worked out and minor problems here and there....and i also read that to specifically hit restore or update/upgrade? for a certain reason..i do not remember nor can i find that post...this forum is huge lol..

with that said, and i know its hard to say and put anything in stone here...but...i can upgrade to 3.0 all the way, with the latest version of itunes no problems at all using quickpwn when it comes out...then hit up cydia and install ultrasn0w when they put it on there...and voila. easy as green bean pie?
    Update is for 2G iPhones and that was before Pwnage was released. You can restore to a custom firmware with a 2G and when Ultrasn0w is released for the 3G.
    If I helped you, then hit the "Thanks!" button please.

Quote Originally Posted by Soodeh View Post
    I can't find Cydia on app store

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

Is The Icy needed?

had the no reception problem, but just restored back, then re-jailbreak and now it is working fine and dandy
    thanks everyone
    iPhone 4 / 4.3.1 / redsn0w

um what lol

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Crashes every time.
    Been pwning since the first release (still on the old 2G phone!), but for some reason, this pwnage tool crashes just before the password enter on the build... anyone else? Any thoughts? Using a G5 in 10.5.7 on a 2G 16GB already-pwned phone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Help..
    It wont let me download pwn 3.0!!!! I keep getting taken to a page that shows ->>>>> Apple & iPhone News | Forums | ModMyi.com 67.212.166.242 /forums/downloads/os-x/8/pwnagetool-3-0-30381/ Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9.0.11) Gecko/2009060214 Firefox/3.0.11

Any1 Else getting this error?

Hello all... Just an update on my sisters 2G. Pwnage tool was successful, entering recovery mode was successful, option+restore is where im getting the trouble... Im getting a 1600 error. Any Ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by silverrotary View Post
    same 1600 error using custom firmware i created and ones i've downloaded. All give the error except the official fw release
    To everyone getting Error Code 1600 try this fix:

1) Have the latest iTunes and have the stock firmware and custom firmware in an easily accessible location (Preferably the Desktop)
    2) Put the iPhone into DFU following this Guide, the screen should go black, this is normal: How To: Enter DFU Restore Mode - ModMyi - Wiki
    3) Shift-Restore (Windows) or Option-Restore (Mac) to the STOCK Apple firmware
    4) Once the iPhone boots up again, put it into DFU Mode again
    5) Shift-Restore (Windows) or Option-Restore (Mac) to the CUSTOM firmware

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by kcdot View Post
    Been pwning since the first release (still on the old 2G phone!), but for some reason, this pwnage tool crashes just before the password enter on the build... anyone else? Any thoughts? Using a G5 in 10.5.7 on a 2G 16GB already-pwned phone.
    Try building the custom firmware again but this time open up the Log so that we can see where it crashes and try to figure out why.
    Last edited by NeoNightmareX; 06-19-2009 at 04:42 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to NeoNightmareX For This Useful Post:

pickeledpeter (06-19-2009)

Thanks
    If you're in the US on AT&T, after you've pwned your phone, quit iTunes. Go to Terminal (on the Mac) and type

defaults write com.apple.iTunes carrier-testing -bool TRUE

Restart iTunes. Now when you Opt+Click Update/Restore you can select .ipcc packages and update the carrier settings to allow tethering... and MMS. (You can google that if you need the ipcc file) Let me google that for you

Tethering should work, and the camera icon should be present in your Messages app. (I have not been able to send an MMS yet...) This does appear to break visual voicemail on mine. But I never use that.
    על שלשה דברים העולם עומר על התורה ועל העבודה ועל גמילות חסדים

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Ok update....My sisters 2G worked after some initial trouble with the 1600 error. Follow Neonightmare or my suggestions on how to avoid that. Now im off to my 3G....This is the scary part for me!!

What about the one for Windows?

does anyone know when they will jailbreak for windows come out???
    iPhone 3G OS 3.0 Jailbroken ATT User

Ok update....My sisters 2G worked after some initial trouble with the 1600 error. Follow Neonightmare or my suggestions on how to avoid that. Now im off to my 3G....This is the scary part for me!!
    The 3G isn't unlockable yet, but you can still JB it. Just warning you that there is no unlock until Ultrasn0w gets released.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to NeoNightmareX For This Useful Post:

pickeledpeter (06-19-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by NeoNightmareX View Post
    The 3G isn't unlockable yet, but you can still JB it. Just warning you that there is no unlock until Ultrasn0w gets released.
    only for mac users

question i forgot to unhide some icons on crategories but i did a restore like the pwnagetool told me to, those icons are fine right?

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast