Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Jailbreak iPhone Firmware 3.0 - PwnageTool

Default incomplete
    I followed this no success, pwnge tool hangs and crashes,
    may the force be with us

hey andrew,

blackra1n, i'm glad i spent so much time trying to figure out what the hell was the right way to JB and unlock. while i was ponding, that the rain came and pretty much solve all of the above. my apologies for not coming back and leaving direction but if you google "blackra1n" and just follow what it says you'll be fine.

hope this helps
    nocturn

Ive jailed breaked before, but this time after I select the custom restore, i get the dude shouting in russian, and there is an error in the itunes window saying could not restore phone

Default Jailbreak Without SIM Card
    I have an older iPhone that I am trying to get to work as an iPod. I have gone through all of the necessary steps of Pwnage and iTunes is getting hung up. Basically, it is telling me that I do not have a SIM card installed and I need one. Is there any sort of a work around on getting your phone to work as an iPod without a SIM card installed?

Quote Originally Posted by ifoxhound View Post
    Ive jailed breaked before, but this time after I select the custom restore, i get the dude shouting in russian, and there is an error in the itunes window saying could not restore phone
    The 'dude shouting in russian' is Steve Jobs and it means your phone has been pwned but is in restore mode. What error message do you get? What phone have you got? What ipsw did you use? What FW were you on before?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilley View Post
    I have an older iPhone that I am trying to get to work as an iPod. I have gone through all of the necessary steps of Pwnage and iTunes is getting hung up. Basically, it is telling me that I do not have a SIM card installed and I need one. Is there any sort of a work around on getting your phone to work as an iPod without a SIM card installed?
    By 'older iPhone' do you mean 2G or 3G? you need to hactivate but without knowing more details it's difficult to answer questions.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

I do this process with my 3g 8gig iphone, and i get errors such as (1600)

i did every step, but i do notice with my 2g 16gig iphone i de-select icy. but for some reason with the 3g it gives me an error, im on the updated itunes etc. can anyone help?

Which version of pwnage are you using? This is a very old guide. What FW/BB are you on? You should always deselect ICY as it is no longer supported.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Default ispw
    Hello, I must be really stupid or something but everytime i go to download some kind of firmware it comes as a goddam zip file - not as an .ispw that itunes can find. if i extract this doesnt help if i rename this doesnt work in itunes what am i suposed to do with this fkn .zip its driving me mad i cant use my phone past the emergency screen i need a way around the sim card activation as i dont live in usa where the phone is from. I have windows7. Any help on this is much apreciated ty in advance

Just change the .zip to .ipsw

i did rname the .zip to .ispw but then itunes comes up with an error like not valid file or something thanks for the reply though

What FW are you downloading from where? What is the full filename?

i have tried 3 all the same result from different sites
    iPhone1,2_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.zip
    iPhone1_2_3.1.3_7E18_Custom_Restore_Activated.zip
    iPhone2,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw (renamed)
    so you think i should just be able to change the .zip to .ipsw and it should work ??

Download http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....1_Restore.ipsw
    It is FW 3.12 (BB 05.11.07) for the iPhone 3G

Wooohoo ok I have an unlocked hactivated iphone 3g running 3.1.3 fw this is my story.
    I bought a iphone from ebay us ( i live in Australia) and hit restore in itunes soon ifter i got it, and thought my phone was useless as i couldnt get past the emergency calls screen and after phoning apple being told i need to be on an at&t plan for it to work. Happily this is not true.
    After downloading a bunch of useless crap programs and Firmware i finally got it working heres how. Btw this only works coz im lucky i have 5.08 bootloader but it will still get you past emergency screen so you can at least use it for an ipod and surf the net sooo.

1) Download 3.1.3 firmware from somewhere right click it and rename the .zip to .ispw

2) download sn0wbreeze-V1.5.2.exe ( i tried others like redsnow blackra1n spirit- they all sucked for me, dont waste your time)

3)run snowbreeze -locate the 3.1.3 fw, it will then make a new one and save it to desktop. and guide you to put into DFU recovery

4)itunes should ask you if you want to restore SHIFT click restore and locate the new .ispw file snowbreeze made. Let it do its thing when you reboot your phone you should be past the emergency calls screen

5) Watch this guide on youtube [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZW3xuHe_2Dw&feature=related]YouTube - HOW TO UNLOCK IPHONE 3G 3.1.3[/ame]

Basically it tells u to go to cydia download fuzzyband run it, If you have the old bootloader 5.08 like me then you can downgrade and unlock if you have a newer bootloader u cant do anymore at this stage as far as im aware.
    Then use cydia search to download ultrasnow and bang unlocked iphone 3g running on 3.1.3 fw .

I hope this guide helps some people thankyou Confucius for helping me also

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122