+ Reply
Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Jailbreak iPhone Firmware 3.0 - PwnageTool

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I have been trying to jailbreak since I got this phone and finally...Thanks loads!
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have been trying to jailbreak since I got this phone and finally...Thanks loads!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just trying to JB with this package. Everything seems to go ok until it's building IPSW, then the application just crashes.

Any ideas?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Still debating on rejailbreaking my phone with pwnage on my buddy's mac. Is it worth it? How does it compare to redsn0w?
    Samsung Galaxy SII (i777)
    iPhone 4 16GB

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've read some reviews and here and on other forums.
    I think Apple and it's affiliated companies (providers) are using software codes to disable jailbreaking abilities.

Apple has released a beta update to 3.0 and some users I know have many issues with version 3 release.

I may attempt to jailbreak again, and I'm wondering if I should restore first.
    Update to version 3 then jailbreak with PwnageTool?

Using: Ibook G4
    OS X 10.4.11
    iTunes 8.2.1 (6)

Thanks

Why does anyone still use pwnage rather than RedSn0w?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone shabz_de_don's Avatar
    Thanks

ok guys... this is a wierd method which i bumped into whilst having o many problems!!!...

i was getting error 1600,1604 etc so what i did was .. i restored to the original 3.0 fw and whilst its restoring on my phone (when the apple logo is there and the bar underneath it showing its progress) i disconnected my cable, so my phone went into recovery mode asking to connect my iphone to itunes then i pressed shift(option for mac users)installed my custom fw and didnt have no problems installing it...

try it and see if it works?... ive done this now probably 6-7 times and all the times it was successful

if this helps click the thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Why does anyone still use pwnage rather than RedSn0w?
    lol i dont use any of them now... ive just got a custom FW which i use lol...
    Last edited by shabz_de_don; 07-24-2009 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? ... No?... MYphone!!!

"The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on"

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am having difficulty with this application. It is fine until I get to this part:
    Halfway through the creation of the .ipsw, OS X will ask you for your password. This is required for Pwnage Tool to build the custom firmware, go ahead and input your password and hit OK.

I do not get the window to enter my password. It application either quits or I get an error message telling that the appl has unexpectantly quit. What do I do to continue this process??

Thanks,
    Mokny

iPhone? More like MyPhone shabz_de_don's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mokny View Post
    I am having difficulty with this application. It is fine until I get to this part:
    Halfway through the creation of the .ipsw, OS X will ask you for your password. This is required for Pwnage Tool to build the custom firmware, go ahead and input your password and hit OK.

I do not get the window to enter my password. It application either quits or I get an error message telling that the appl has unexpectantly quit. What do I do to continue this process??

Thanks,
    Mokny
    have you tried reinstalling pwnagetool? if not your other option is redsnow

iPhone? ... No?... MYphone!!!

"The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on"

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for your reply. I did reinstalled Pwnagetool but did not work.. i will try rdsnow application.

Thanks

redSn0w is a lot easier.
    Until 3.1 is released and you need to preserve your BB just use RedSn0w.
    When 3.1 is released i'll be relying on you guys to make me a custom FW
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I followed the instructions and successfully upgraded to 3.0

But my battery drains so quickly.. wow. This is really gay. I'd prefer 2.2 over 3.0. I have everything turned off; push, notifications, edge, wifi, you name it and even to the lowest brightness.

I am using a 2G with T-Mobile by the way. How do I downgrade to 2.2? Is it it possible? Instructions?

Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astoriakidd View Post
    I followed the instructions and successfully upgraded to 3.0

But my battery drains so quickly.. wow. This is really gay. I'd prefer 2.2 over 3.0. I have everything turned off; push, notifications, edge, wifi, you name it and even to the lowest brightness.

I am using a 2G with T-Mobile by the way. How do I downgrade to 2.2? Is it it possible? Instructions?
    hey pretty sure all you need to do is restore to the 2.2 firmware just like in this you had to resore to the cutom 3.0 but instead chose the 2.2 firmware

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by astoriakidd View Post
    Downgrade iTunes to 8.1. Go into DFU mode and shift + restore.

But as to your battery problem - did you restore from backup or set up as a new phone? because if you restored from backup that's the cause and there's no need to go down.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hi there what is jailbreak and what doesdo i have the 2g 8gb thanks d x

Thanks

jailbreak is like a hack of the iphone it just allows you to be able to do with your phone or itouch than apple allows you such as make themes for your phone so change the icons change the backgrounds get rid of the dock background change the fonts and colors on almost everything. change the slide to unlock text or any of those texts change the colors of those change the slider itself make a custom carrier logo basically anything you want to change on your device you can also it has a variety of applications apple wouldn't llow on the appstore or just stuff developers don't want to put on the app store and put on jailbreak download applications such as cydia you can do it on your 2g on anyfirmware except the 3.1 beta i don't think has a jailbreak yet but maybe

Thanks

^^In other words...

Apple puts a lot of restrictions on the apps that make it into the App Store and so the iPhone community miss out on a lot of really neat things. Jailbreaking opens the door to these really cool apps and lets you run anything on your iPhone (no restrictions whatsoever.. if you have the files for it.. it'll run)

It lets you do things like :
    -Record Video on the 2G and 3G
    -Add themes to your iPhone (make ANY part of your iPhone look exactly how you want it to)
    -Enable MMS on the 2G
    -Download Youtube videos (Yourtube FTW! Pumpkin is awesome )
    -Lots of little (or big) tweaks to the phone that make it so much more awesome
    and SOOOO much more!

And there is no downside except it kills your warranty with Apple, but a restore in iTunes will bring the warranty back to life
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hi there what is jailbreak and if i was to do it what benifits would it give me
    thanks donna

hi thank for all that im a woman and i dont think i would know what to do and how to do i would prob just break my phone i bougt the phone off ebay so prob dont have warrenty any way
    thanks peeps x
    Last edited by donna_82; 07-30-2009 at 03:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

What does being a woman have to do with anything? You wont break your phone, if you want to JB just go ahead, it really is very simple (so simple even I can do it!)

Thanks

lol being a woman is no excuse

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by donna_82 View Post
    hi there what is jailbreak and if i was to do it what benifits would it give me
    thanks donna

hi thank for all that im a woman and i dont think i would know what to do and how to do i would prob just break my phone i bougt the phone off ebay so prob dont have warrenty any way
    thanks peeps x
    hey donna so if you gonna jailbreak it it really is quite simple but if you are going to i would not use this method that is if you are on att. if you are on att i would use redsnow look that up or person message me and i can help