Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Jailbreak iPhone Firmware 3.0 - PwnageTool

iPhone? More like MyPhone itsjustlenny's Avatar
    Thanks

anybody else getting a lesser battery life with this update??? im restoring now but my battery doesn't last half a day now. im having to charge it like 3 times a day, b4 this update i was updating once daily.

Default Firmware
    Where is the firmware? Its not in the file.

Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by juda1 View Post
    Couldn't find it either |:
    go to your "home thing on your computer then library/itunes/iphone software updates" find the 3.0 one. so mine was santamarinafj/Library/iTunes/iPhone Software Updates
    Last edited by santaf; 07-09-2009 at 01:49 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm quite sure that the pawnage 3.0 tool is not ready for prime time. It could even be the 3.0 firmware from Apple itself as when finally upgraded using the stock firmware I was not able to find my weather and stock apps.

Pawnage Performance has been solid up to 2.2.1. The moment I used it with FM 3.0, I lost all phone service and details and could not get it back.

I just went back to apple original 3.0 and will wait until 3.1 drops before trying pawnage again. I hope someone acknowledges the amount of upgrade problems and code around it...

I am having a different problem which may have been addressed earlier. I cannot create the restore file. The system will start it then right when it should ask for an ID, the entire app crashes closed. Other versions worked well. I actually made a mistake the first time I tried to flash my 3G though and upgraded the baseband. I am sort of in wait mode as well.

Thanks

worked great! It even restored my custom IPCC file!
    If I helped you out in any way, hit the Thanks Button.

iPhone? More like TyPhone

why I cant open Pwnage Tool 3.0 on my deskopt (Microsoft Windows XP Professional)

Anyone else getting the 1600 or 1604 errors when trying to restore the custom firmware?

I HAVE put it in DFU mode. I'm running a macbook with 10.5.7 and itunes 8.2

If anyone has figured out how to get around these errors, please share!
    "Cura Et Celeritas"

i don't understand, what do you mean by hold down the option key? what option key? sorry for being dumb

Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kayekoleeh View Post
    i don't understand, what do you mean by hold down the option key? what option key? sorry for being dumb
    on macs in between control and command there is an option/alt key if you are on a windows computer just use shift i'm pretty sure that's what you need for windows

iPhone? More like MyPhone ugshotgun's Avatar
    Thanks

:-(
    Main Phone: HTC ONE & Note 2 - Work: iPhone 4s - Tablet: iPad 2, The best of both worlds!

if u want to jailbreak a 2g iphone with 3.0 software which image do u click on in the beginning?

the 3g iphone or the regular iphone?

I too am having problems. I jailbroke with this method to 3.0 fine and all was good. Then I passed it on to a friend. They did some sort of quick restore and locked it up on a PC. Now I am trying again to use Pwnage to jailbreak and keep getting error 1604 when I try to use custom restore ipsw. I can restore with regular 3.0 ipsw but then can't use my custom. I am needing to do it without an AT&T sim card, which I did the first time fine.Can I go backwards to 2.2.1 or am I stuck trying to get this to work since I went to 3.0? Or am I really in need of just finding an AT&T SIM card? Thanks

can u do this with itunes 8.2.1?
    and if not how do u downgrade to itunes 8.2?

Quote Originally Posted by nighthawk311 View Post
    Anyone else getting the 1600 or 1604 errors when trying to restore the custom firmware?

I HAVE put it in DFU mode. I'm running a macbook with 10.5.7 and itunes 8.2

If anyone has figured out how to get around these errors, please share!
    I too, experienced these errors, very frustrating. No matter, I was eventually able to successfully Jailbreak OS 3.0 using PWNAGE 3.0 and OS X.

Here is my setup:

MBA: 10.5.7
    iTunes: 8.2 (23)
    iPhone 3G
    PWNAGE 3.0/Expert Mode
    ATT PAYG

You shouldn't have to do this, however, after I backed up all of my data, I did a factory OS 3.0 restore on my 3G before attempting the Jailbreak (JB).

I noticed that these errors only surfaced when I augmented the boot partition size using PWNAGE 3.0/Expert mode. I was using the "666" boot partition easter egg and couldn't get it to work. I suspected this might be causing problems so I accepted the default 511MB boot partition and all was grand. Since I am on PAYG, I also insured that i didn't "Hacktivate" the phone.

Bottom line, what I am regarding as a root cause here may not actually be the root cause of these errors. In fact, I suspect these error codes may correlate to a number of "Generic" trouble conditions that can trigger the codes. So, I think I can say that augmenting the boot partition size at least does trigger these codes, not definitive, but it seems so.

Insure that iTunes is off when performing custom .IPSW creation and insure to quit iTunes Helper in Activity Monitor

Good luck.

Hi- This worked perfectly for me, first time. I spent the rest of the day modding my 3G, having a grand old time. Now, at around 9 pm, I try to go to Voicemail and there is a big box saying Cannot Connect To Voicemail, Please Call AT&T. I've been poking around in Settings and Prefs, and I'm not finding anything to reset. Called AT&T and, of course, they are closed. Didn't see any mention of this in the thread (though I did skip a few of the middle pages), just the connection and crashing issues. I can call, receive calls, get mail and send it, text and receive texts, use wifi, etc. Anyone got any ideas?

This was my first iPhone modding, though I was fairly active in the RAZR Mac forum (fully modded, firmwared, custom OS, themes, etc.) before I got the iPhone last year. Just ran out the warranty and thought I would play a bit. So far, fun.

Quote Originally Posted by mr117 View Post
    Hi- This worked perfectly for me, first time. I spent the rest of the day modding my 3G, having a grand old time. Now, at around 9 pm, I try to go to Voicemail and there is a big box saying Cannot Connect To Voicemail, Please Call AT&T. I've been poking around in Settings and Prefs, and I'm not finding anything to reset. Called AT&T and, of course, they are closed. Didn't see any mention of this in the thread (though I did skip a few of the middle pages), just the connection and crashing issues. I can call, receive calls, get mail and send it, text and receive texts, use wifi, etc. Anyone got any ideas?

This was my first iPhone modding, though I was fairly active in the RAZR Mac forum (fully modded, firmwared, custom OS, themes, etc.) before I got the iPhone last year. Just ran out the warranty and thought I would play a bit. So far, fun.
    Easy fix for this one... Call your iPhone's number and leave a message, your visual voicemail will pop right back up prompting you for your VM passcode, enjoy...

18. The Following User Says Thank You to iFreak For This Useful Post:

mr117 (07-20-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by RonHC View Post
    Windows Please
    Quote Originally Posted by Rota View Post
    Seriously.
    Yes. Anything?
    Samsung Galaxy SII (i777)
    iPhone 4 16GB

Thanks! I did it the hard way- did a search thru Apple Discussions, found a link to the Voicemail reset process, called the AT&T number and did a password reset for Voicemail. Works fine now. (Of course, I also restored back to stock first to see if it would work there, didn't, so re-jailbroke and put stuff back on it, albeit much more carefully the second time around. Everything working fine so far. Haven't had this much fun since was working on my RAZR, though so far I am sticking to Winterboard stuff. Maybe get braver and get into file system soon.)

Cash- thanks so much for the walk-through. After finally getting the courage to mod my 3G, I'm finding that it now does what I always wanted it to do. I have actual (not the stupid stock) notifications of email, texts, and voicemail, which was my biggest complaint with the phone. And Apple had begun to censor my Apple Discussion pages requests for the feature (I was also sending in a request a week via the Enhancement email address). Of course, I added my nickname to the status bar, along with colored icons, a theme with my own wallpaper, Notifier, a custom button (not slider) on the lockscreen, a calculator w/colored keys, custom calendar alert, custom lock and unlock sounds, and more. The only thing I couldn't change was the keyboard (god knows I tried), but after using the search here, discovered 3.0 broke that possibility for now. While not into the filesystem yet (working up my courage, as well as using a Mac), I'm reading up on it and it will just be a matter of time. Thanks again!

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast