+ Reply
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Jailbreak iPhone Firmware 3.0 - PwnageTool

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
my phone has went into Safe mode 3 times today and i just finished restoring it to factory. not too sure what the problem is but i will re-jb it
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

my phone has went into Safe mode 3 times today and i just finished restoring it to factory. not too sure what the problem is but i will re-jb it after while and go from there.

anyone else having this issue?

Thanks

how. do. i. upgrade. from. 2.2, 2.28, to. 3.0....im. having. problems. someone. tell. me. please..........................

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Has anyone else had reception problems or data problems with this? I curious if there is any bugs since I am a TM user. Great work again Dev Team!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default PPC, pwnage 3.0, and a 2G phone... no build ctd.
    OK, so I downloaded the pwnage 3.0 tool, and the ipsw file (from the "Guides" section here). If you'll recall, I input nothing strange and pwnage crashed every time it'd try to build the ipsw.

So, I am now trying it on my intel MacBook Pro. For the first time, pwnage tool is asking me for the Bootloader 4.6 file (I was wondering where that one was going to come in...). This file is not available in the Guide, and the pwnage tool doesn't ask for it on my PPC... curious.

I let pwnage search for it on the web, downloaded it, and it built the ipsw no problem.

Looks like pwnage on the PPC somehow skips the bootloader request and subsequently fails.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default no AT&T service after jailbreak!!!!!!
    Help!

I ran the jailbreak procedure with Pwnage Tool, everything went fine - restored with custom firmware, restored backup....boot up iPhone and I have NO CELL SERVICE WHATSOEVER!! I'm not trying to use Ultrasn0w because I'm sticking with AT&T.

I've now tried this atleast 3-4 different times with the same end result!

Anyone else getting this?

Green Apple
    Thanks

looks like my error was caused by downloading the FW through safari, i just redownloaded it with firefox and everything went fine

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Confused on step sequence
    I am about to attempt to jailbreak by 3G iPhone but I'm confused whether to update to 3.0 first and then jailbreak, or jailbreak and then update to 3.0. My iphone is currently jailbroken with the 2.0 software and have not updated. Can someone please advise. I will be jailbreaking on my Macbook Pro.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Smile cheers
    Thank you very much,

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I did the same thing and also have no reception at all except wifi, phone isn't working;( did you find a fix for this? Help!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone DirtyDan's Avatar
    Thanks

Great post Cody, thanks for the info!

Green Apple
    Thanks

i installed this very easily , thank you. but Itunes wont allow the games and apps that i had before 3.0 to be used on the phone. Is there another step that I'm missing ? Please help !

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Stupid question time... I already have 3.0 on my 3g, do i need to download it again????

Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by welladvised View Post
    Help!

I ran the jailbreak procedure with Pwnage Tool, everything went fine - restored with custom firmware, restored backup....boot up iPhone and I have NO CELL SERVICE WHATSOEVER!! I'm not trying to use Ultrasn0w because I'm sticking with AT&T.

I've now tried this atleast 3-4 different times with the same end result!

Anyone else getting this?
    if you jsut want to jailbreak you should use red snow instead it's a lot easier just update via itunes then run red snow it gives instructions

Quote Originally Posted by brewer01 View Post
    Stupid question time... I already have 3.0 on my 3g, do i need to download it again????
    nope you don't to find the 3.0 you got from itunes jsut go to your home thing then library/itunes/iphone software updates find the 3.0 one
    Last edited by santaf; 06-30-2009 at 01:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

I still cannot get ITunes to authorize my apps and games after upgrade to 3.0 on the 3G. Im running a Macbook Pro with latest firmware. Any suggestions would be nice ! THanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tha5150 View Post
    my phone has went into Safe mode 3 times today and i just finished restoring it to factory. not too sure what the problem is but i will re-jb it after while and go from there.

anyone else having this issue?
    Im haveing the same problem, my iphone is crashing like 3 times daily (at least) and going into safe mode.Also it's realy slow...

I too will be restoring, and re-JB'ing, bit of a PITA but we'll see how it goes. I think I'll do the custom partition size to see if that helps at all.

Any other suggestions?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I used the Pwnage tool for 3.0, everything was fine but i was unable to unzip compressed .ipsw file since i downloaded it using Safari. Cydia and Icy loaded to my phone however i didnt have any service so i tried to restore and now im stuck with Error 1013, please help!!!

Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xSkaterOnex View Post
    I used the Pwnage tool for 3.0, everything was fine but i was unable to unzip compressed .ipsw file since i downloaded it using Safari. Cydia and Icy loaded to my phone however i didnt have any service so i tried to restore and now im stuck with Error 1013, please help!!!
    put it in DFU mode and restore

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This was a 16 gb 3G iPhone btw but i tried to put in in recovery and DFU mode and nothing worked. I switched computers and used my mac pro and did a restore and everything worked out!! I suggest trying a restore on a different computer if error 1013 comes about... cheers.

Thanks

Default Unable to receive calls/messages
    Anyone else having trouble like this? I now have no bars, can not receive messages or calls, and have no 3G network, after running redsn0w. I was previously using maybe.. 2.1 and ran redsn0w with step-by-steps.. I was told it could maybe be because I didn't load 3.0 through iTunes before trying with Redsn0w.. but either way, what do I do? Any help is much appreciated.

Green Apple
    Thanks

this jailbreak is like safari 4.

fuc/in awful.

i have love for the dev team but my phone is slower than a retard.

the thing that piss-es me off is that i dont even use winterboard, so what the hell is slowing me down?

all i use is the essentials for JB.

as far as i know my software is same same, but fuc*in slooow.