Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 89101112 20 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Jailbreak iPhone Firmware 3.0 - PwnageTool

I found the crash log for pwntool on my computer, however it makes no sense to me. All I can gather is that it crashed in thread 7. If anyone knows/ would like to take a look at it to figure out why pwntool keeps crashing, pm me. It is very long.

Green Apple
    Thanks

worked great thanks for the link

Quote Originally Posted by rampmike View Post
    Just tried to upgrade my software to 3.0 from 2.2.1.
    Followed the instructions to the dot. All went fine until iTunes started verifying the software on my iPhone and I got the error message "10".
    Could this be because I am using a powered usb hub (I can't upgrade my phone on a Mac Air without usb hub due to usb issues).
    Tks. Mike
    update itunes.. had the same error.
    but, when installing substrate got stuck in a loop, now getting constant 1600

Quote Originally Posted by aussiebob View Post
    See here iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak Your iPhone on OS 3.0 Using RedSn0w (Windows)

All info including downloads for Windows.
    I just jail broke mine perfectly in 1 go.
    Follow instructions to a t
    Hello, I have successfully jailbroken my IPhone 3G using Pwnage tool on a MAC. I did not use RedSn0w though so do I need to do it over again using RedSn0w?

I jailbroke yesterday and somethings seem to be working and some do not , no keyboard over lays will work along with a few other jail broken apps i was wondering if ayone else had these problems?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AaronsElite View Post
    Any idea why pwnagetool crashes when creating custom ipsw? I tried 4 times, redownloading both the pwnagetool (MMi download) and the 3.0 ipsw file (apple direct).

iPhone 3G/3.0 update/MAC OSX
    Me too. Can't make it work. I'm on a G5 (PowerMac) so going to try it on my Intel... NeoNightmareX tried to help, alas, no success.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by danno2022 View Post
    did everything, went smoothly, but now i have no reception at all!
    Edge or 3g is not working, wifi is fine.
    someone please help.
    Go into expert mode in PwngeTool. After you choose the firmware you want to use, you will see options. Under General, you need to unselect "Activate the phone".

After I pwned to 3.0, all my cydia apps won't open. They crash back to springboard instantly. Any ideas?

No icy installed apps open either.
    Last edited by johnny5; 06-20-2009 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny5 View Post
    After I pwned to 3.0, all my cydia apps won't open. They crash back to springboard instantly. Any ideas?

No icy installed apps open either.
    Could be that these apps arent updated for 3.0 yet. Try a hard reset...
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

BossPref doesn't seem to be working correctly. I can't get the numeric battery to come on and everytime I open and close BossPref the icons re-arrange themselves and the Wi-Fi shows off but it's really on. I wish I could find out the bootloader version with 3.0.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud View Post
    BossPref doesn't seem to be working correctly. I can't get the numeric battery to come on and everytime I open and close BossPref the icons re-arrange themselves and the Wi-Fi shows off but it's really on. I wish I could find out the bootloader version with 3.0.
    get rid of bossprefs and use SBSettings. Bossprefs is obsolete at this point. Click on "About" in the upper left corner of BossPref to see what I am talking about

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings

i just dont understand why poeple whont wait for them to come out with a tool for pc???
    iPhone 3G OS 3.0 Jailbroken ATT User

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    get rid of bossprefs and use SBSettings. Bossprefs is obsolete at this point. Click on "About" in the upper left corner of BossPref to see what I am talking about
    Okay I installed it but don't see it anywhere on my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by streetthrowback View Post
    i just dont understand why poeple whont wait for them to come out with a tool for pc???
    There is a tool for PC its called RedSn0w....heard of it?

Okay I installed it but don't see it anywhere on my phone.
    Swipe with your finger across the top of your screen. or tap on the top of your screen with 2 fingers.
    Last edited by Melech518; 06-20-2009 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    There is a tool for PC its called RedSn0w....heard of it?

Swipe with your finger across the top of your screen. or tap on the top of your screen with 2 fingers.
    I found that out thanks, is there a way to put an icon on the phone?

You rock !!It works like charm.

I found that out thanks, is there a way to put an icon on the phone?
    Not that i know of

Quote Originally Posted by roshansri View Post

Hey guys well thanks for the write up thought i should also do a quick post maybe later the admin and do a proper post for the PC users.

All you need is to download the custom IPSW for 3.0 FOR 3G!

How to fix 16xx- Thanks to the guys over at dev-team posts who take full credit for this find!

1. download QuickPwn RC3
    2. download iphone 2.0.2 ipsw
    3. Run quickpwn rc3 and do everything it says until your iphone has a white screen.
    4. turn off quickpwn leave cable attached to iphone while white screen is on and turn on itunes .
    5. shift click restore in itunes and pick the 3.0 jailbroken firmware :3

VOLA! should be running like a PRO!

Thanks again to the guys over at dev-team posts who take full credit for this find!
    You rocks and it is working like charm!!

for those who's pwnage tool is crashing on a mac, try another mac or pc and use redsnow. this was happening to me and tried everything to fix it. pwnage tool crashed while building ispw so i downloaded redsnow on my mac and it too crashed not long after progress bar started. dunno if its a PPC thing or whatever but i used redsnow on a pc and worked straight away. dont waste time trying to fix it, just use another machine.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but if my iphone is already jailbroken on 2.0 and im using pwnagetool to jailbreak to 3.0, do i need to restore in itunes to 3.0 BEFORE i use pwnagetool??

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 89101112 20 ... LastLast