+ Reply
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PwnageTool 3.0 Released [Mac]

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I'm usually quicker on this stuff; but what will redsnow do for me, a windows user who is simply wanting to jailbreak, not unlock?? I'm running 3.0 on a 8GB
    iPhone? More like MyPhone ugshotgun's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm usually quicker on this stuff; but what will redsnow do for me, a windows user who is simply wanting to jailbreak, not unlock?? I'm running 3.0 on a 8GB 3G iPhone.

THanks!

CHris

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pixelflash View Post
    Beta 5 is not the same as the official release dude. I f you don't want to follow instructions, why don't you quickpwn away and find out for yourself.

You are deadwrong. The custom firmware will work whether your on a PC 0r Mac. Unless someone didn't do it properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by pixelflash View Post
    Do you have to have that "hit thanks thing" on all your messages?? It's so freakin annoying!
    Here, a million thanks to you for nothing or maybe make it smaller you knob.
    Wow! Well first off, I know I made the firmwares properly because they worked on thousands of peoples phones yesterday. Second, when problems arise on anything you troubleshoot them, no matter what they may be. Third, the problem is a lot of people do not know how to run custom ipsw's period.

And yes, I helped a lot of people and will continue to do so if anyone is in need. I dont know if you are writing these things out of jealousy or frustration but GROW UP!

Hope everyones jailbreaks are going smoothly now with the release of redsn0w and windows tools.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Melech518 For This Useful Post:

salayyad (06-20-2009)

Thanks

In regard to my question, nevermind, I got it....thanks to all the hard work put into this jailbreak, you guys/gals rock!!

Chris

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

is the jailbreak out for windows yet?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by da716 View Post
    is the jailbreak out for windows yet?
    Dev-Team Blog - redsn0w in june

I'm a Zend Certified Engineer.
    Follow me on twitter!

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Jailbreaking now. Will update soon.

Used Redsnow. Was on 3.0 after a jailbroken 2.2.1.

Nice. That was quick. Opening Cydia now.

Phone started flashing like crazy with a Apple logo as a watermark. I got freaked out that my phone is thru. After Cydia did its Downlading packages, everything was fine. Doing a Complete upgrade of Cydia now. See pic.

Cydia keeps crashing and puts me back at the home screen.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PwnageTool 3.0 Released [Mac]-cydia.png  
    Last edited by vinaygoel2000; 06-20-2009 at 09:02 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 007vigil View Post
    If you are getting error 16xx when trying to install custom firmware do the following:

1.Install stock 3.0
    2.Jailbreak using beta 5 ipsw.
    3.After jailbreak iphone will be stuck on pink connect to itunes screen. Leave iphone on pink screen for next step.
    4.Close quickpwn and open iTunes.
    5.Shift+restore and select custom ipsw.

I have done this twice today and it is the only way i could get it to work with custom firmware. Good luck!

Note-This also works to downgrade to 2.2.1 only you have to install beta 2 or 3 after beta 5, then 2.2.1. If quickpwn doesn't recognize your phone for the 2.2.1 jailbreak unplug usb then plug it back in after you select firmware and it shows screen asking to ensure iphone is connected in itunes.
    This worked to perfection. But I still don't have cellular data settings or the camera icon in my text app

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zoink! View Post
    Can someone address the concerns about pwnage 3.0 crashing on PPC macs?
    It happened to me as well.

It starts to build the custom ipsw and vavoom! It crashes big time.

Any ideas?!?

Had to downgrade back to 2.2.1 bummer!!!
    yeah me too.. now im on 3.0 but still waiting when i cud jailbreak it.. tried so many times and it crashes..

Thanks

I have used the redsnow thats on that link along with the firmware; and my 3g iPhone running 3.0 firmware is jailbroken and working flawlessly so far.

For those who were used to the winpwn to jailbreak your iphone, you can use redsnow that's available on the link provided above along with the 3.0 firmware what you can get from iclarified.com.

Once you've downloaded "redsnow" and the "3.0 firmware" then all you have to do is execute redsnow and point the browse button to the firmware you downloaded. then the normal process starts; ie, hold power button for 1 second, hold power and home for 10 seconds, release and just hold home button for 27 seconds, then kaboom, the program does the rest.

I know that some of you intellects will see this post and perhaps think of a better way to go about informing the newbies, but after reading what I posted, it answered my question that I had when I first started and I know that others have the same question.

If any of you newbies have a problem understanding my instructions, simply reply to my post and I'll be monitoring this forum to answer any questions you might have.

Best of luck!

Chris

My Iphone: 3G 8GB running 3.0 FW
    My PC: Windows XP Pro

PS: You must have this firmware ipsw file when using your windows based redsnow program: "iPhone1,2_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw"

STEP BY STEP THAT I DID: Prolly little better to understand:

1. Make sure you are running stock version of the latest apple firmware. 3.0. Open up itunes and update to latest 3.0 firmware.

2. Downloaded Redsnow (windows version)
    3. Downloaded Custom ISPW file: (iPhone1,2_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw)

4. Plugged my phone using sync cable to pc.
    5. VERY IMPORTANT - Once plugged in, turn phone off! *presse & hold power button; then slide to power off.
    6. Open up the redsnow application and browse to where you save the custom ipsw file "iPhone1,2_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw" and select it.
    7. Hit next and follow the instructions to the letter.
    YOU'LL BE ASKED TO PRESS POWER BUTTON FOR 1 SECOND, THEN POWER AND HOME FOR 10 SECONDS, THEN RELEASE POWER BUT KEEP HOLDING HOME UNTIL THE COUNTDOWN TIMER STOPS AND THE PROCESS STARTS. REMEMBER THIS, THE INSTRUCTIONS SAY HOLD "HOME" BUTTON FOR 30 SECONDS, BUT IN REALITY YOU WON'T BE HOLDING IT THAT LONG, YOU'LL SEE WHEN THE TIMER DISAPPEARS, YOU CAN LET IT GO THEN.

8. Sit back and let the phone do its thing.

Hope this helps!

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    Jailbreaking now. Will update soon.

Used Redsnow. Was on 3.0 after a jailbroken 2.2.1.

Nice. That was quick. Opening Cydia now.

Phone started flashing like crazy with a Apple logo as a watermark. I got freaked out that my phone is thru. After Cydia did its Downlading packages, everything was fine. Doing a Complete upgrade of Cydia now. See pic.

Cydia keeps crashing and puts me back at the home screen.

REMEMBER, THE CREATOR(S) OF CYDIA ARE CONSTANTLY UPDATING DUE TO THE NEW FIRMWARE VERSION BEING RELEASED; SO CRASHES SHOULD BE EXPECTED.

IF YOU'RE TRYING TO SIGN INTO CYDIA AND THEY'RE TRYING TO UPDATE IT, THEN THE TWO THINGs CANNOT HAPPEN AT THE SAME TIME, YOU'RE END WILL CRASH. SO PLEASE BE PATIENT AND EXPECT SOME CRASHES OF CYDIA.

Hope this helps!

CHris
    Last edited by ugshotgun; 06-20-2009 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ugshotgun For This Useful Post:

rah_nigga (06-20-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KoNeko View Post
    http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/11...ymediafire.rtf

That is a text file with a link to my MediaFire folder. In that folder may be some files that could help out some of you first generation iPhone users who are unlocked

(The file isn't done uploading yet, it should be done in about 10 minutes)
    DUDD .. the mediafire folder's empty... goddamit

Quote Originally Posted by ugshotgun View Post
    I have used the redsnow thats on that link along with the firmware; and my 3g iPhone running 3.0 firmware is jailbroken and working flawlessly so far.

For those who were used to the winpwn to jailbreak your iphone, you can use redsnow that's available on the link provided above along with the 3.0 firmware what you can get from iclarified.com.

Once you've downloaded "redsnow" and the "3.0 firmware" then all you have to do is execute redsnow and point the browse button to the firmware you downloaded. then the normal process starts; ie, hold power button for 1 second, hold power and home for 10 seconds, release and just hold home button for 27 seconds, then kaboom, the program does the rest.

I know that some of you intellects will see this post and perhaps think of a better way to go about informing the newbies, but after reading what I posted, it answered my question that I had when I first started and I know that others have the same question.

If any of you newbies have a problem understanding my instructions, simply reply to my post and I'll be monitoring this forum to answer any questions you might have.

Best of luck!

Chris

My Iphone: 3G 8GB running 3.0 FW
    My PC: Windows XP Pro

PS: You must have this firmware ipsw file when using your windows based redsnow program: "iPhone1,2_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw"

STEP BY STEP THAT I DID: Prolly little better to understand:

1. Make sure you are running stock version of the latest apple firmware. 3.0. Open up itunes and update to latest 3.0 firmware.

2. Downloaded Redsnow (windows version)
    3. Downloaded Custom ISPW file: (iPhone1,2_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw)

4. Plugged my phone using sync cable to pc.
    5. VERY IMPORTANT - Once plugged in, turn phone off! *presse & hold power button; then slide to power off.
    6. Open up the redsnow application and browse to where you save the custom ipsw file "iPhone1,2_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw" and select it.
    7. Hit next and follow the instructions to the letter.
    YOU'LL BE ASKED TO PRESS POWER BUTTON FOR 1 SECOND, THEN POWER AND HOME FOR 10 SECONDS, THEN RELEASE POWER BUT KEEP HOLDING HOME UNTIL THE COUNTDOWN TIMER STOPS AND THE PROCESS STARTS. REMEMBER THIS, THE INSTRUCTIONS SAY HOLD "HOME" BUTTON FOR 30 SECONDS, BUT IN REALITY YOU WON'T BE HOLDING IT THAT LONG, YOU'LL SEE WHEN THE TIMER DISAPPEARS, YOU CAN LET IT GO THEN.

8. Sit back and let the phone do its thing.

Hope this helps!

Chris

REMEMBER, THE CREATOR(S) OF CYDIA ARE CONSTANTLY UPDATING DUE TO THE NEW FIRMWARE VERSION BEING RELEASED; SO CRASHES SHOULD BE EXPECTED.

IF YOU'RE TRYING TO SIGN INTO CYDIA AND THEY'RE TRYING TO UPDATE IT, THEN THE TWO THINGs CANNOT HAPPEN AT THE SAME TIME, YOU'RE END WILL CRASH. SO PLEASE BE PATIENT AND EXPECT SOME CRASHES OF CYDIA.

Hope this helps!

CHris
    Reg ur point 3.
    From where should I download the custom IPSW? If I ever had Custom ipsw why wud I need to use redsnow at all .. itunes will do the restore thing to me. Newbies really ll get crazy reading ur newbie post.
    Redsnow perse will jail break and unlock ur phone after u restore it with classic ipsw 3.0.. Its just like pawnage.. but less sophisticated but it seems tat its working... i went till the last step but.. aback cuz i want to get everything stabilized b4 i bounce my phone... hope tat helps...

Yo'll, wait for a proper pawnage for windows instead of playing around with redsnow it doesn't work for everybody... but u may not be that everybody... cheerszz...
    Last edited by cliffhanger; 06-20-2009 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

You can retrieve the ipsw from redsn0w's page. If you want a custom one, search search search.

Redsn0w will not unlock the phone. You have to wait for ultrasn0w to be posted through Cydia.

Redsn0w works fine. If jailbreak not working properly, do it again. I had to do it twice and it is working like a charm for me. Thanks to the Dev Team and everybody else that has contributed. Have a good modding an jailbreaking!!
    lalp
    Iphone 4G fan!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Can someone please help me out. Firstly, I'm on AT&T and I know they block MMS. My problem is that I don't even have the option at all to even try to send one. There's no camera in my text app, i have no option to turn MMS on in messages in settings. I don't even have the cellular data settings to enter in the information. I had all of these things in beta4 and even had mms working for an hour or two when i used the ipcc file. But the camera in the text app eventually disappeared and i had cellular data settings for a while after that. I updated to beta5 and now the offical 3.0 and now I don't have anything.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hey guys i havea 2g iphone on windows snd yesterday i jailbroke from the firmware given by someone who made it and ive noticed my phone has been VERY hot lately when i plugged it into itunes. i also lost all my data bbecasue itunes , even though it said it was backing up, did not bak up my phone it said the phone software is too old to get the backup and it disappeared.

and slo ive noticed the phone has been lagging A LOT
    last night before i went to bed i pulled iout of my computer nad it was buring hot and i woke up this morning and it had 10% of the battery life left... all this within 6 hours of not using it

whats wrong with it??
    will there be a quickpwn for windows??

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mdinh26 View Post
    Hey guys i havea 2g iphone on windows snd yesterday i jailbroke from the firmware given by someone who made it and ive noticed my phone has been VERY hot lately when i plugged it into itunes. i also lost all my data bbecasue itunes , even though it said it was backing up, did not bak up my phone it said the phone software is too old to get the backup and it disappeared.

and slo ive noticed the phone has been lagging A LOT
    last night before i went to bed i pulled iout of my computer nad it was buring hot and i woke up this morning and it had 10% of the battery life left... all this within 6 hours of not using it

whats wrong with it??
    will there be a quickpwn for windows??
    sounds like u need to go back to ur previous firmware if these things never happened before

Thanks

Well in regard to point 3, I assumed it was a custom ipsw because the numbers were different than the file that I originally downloaded from apple during the initial updating to the new firmware.

I can assure you that this redsnow method is as simple as the winpwn method, just not as fancy as the GUI on winpwn. I listed the firmware version in point 3; I think I downloaded directly from the devblog link provided in an earlier post.

If you use that ipsw with redsnow......IT WILL WORK! Within 10 minutes, I was installing apps from cydia on my phone.

As far as the guy asking about why our camera picture is not availabel in the SMS section, well BUMP BUMP BUMP that post; I'm sure curious to know that answer myself. I have no option to enable MMS nor do I have a camera option in the sms app. ANYONE????

Chris

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

used redsn0w with iPhone Classic aka 2G and it worked flawlessly!

i've updated using the custom firmware with itunes (shift + update in itunes and selected the ipsw [iPhone1,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw]) and followed the instructions from dev-team for the use with redsn0w.

so far so good, just disappointed for the lack of MMS and, especially, video recording on the 2G

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kuikes View Post
    used redsn0w with iPhone Classic aka 2G and it worked flawlessly!

i've updated using the custom firmware with itunes (shift + update in itunes and selected the ipsw [iPhone1,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw]) and followed the instructions from dev-team for the use with redsn0w.

so far so good, just disappointed for the lack of MMS and, especially, video recording on the 2G
    Dude. Wats that supposed to mean??
    If u have got a custom fw, y do u need redsnow at all, am I rite experts, I know I am
    Get ur basics rite. U pawn a classic fw or just restore a custom restore a fw which is already unlocked and jailbroken. What u have done here is that u have undone what custom restore has already done an gave it a RED snow. LOL

Ignore spell mist
    From iPhone

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cliffhanger View Post
    Dude. Wats that supposed to mean??
    If u have got a custom fw, y do u need redsnow at all, am I rite experts, I know I am
    Get ur basics rite. U pawn a classic fw or just restore a custom restore a fw which is already unlocked and jailbroken. What u have done here is that u have undone what custom restore has already done an gave it a RED snow. LOL

Ignore spell mist
    From iPhone
    lol, true, my bad

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

00]=6

Green Apple
    Thanks

I need your help!

Hey, guys!

I updated my iPhone 3G with the original FW 3.0. After that I downloaded a custom FW 3.0 for jailbreak, but iTunes gave me 1604 mistake. What did I wrong?

Hope for help!