View Poll Results: What is your plan on getting an iPhone 3G S on the 19th?

Voters
221. You may not vote on this poll
  • I Pre-Ordered mine for pick up or shipped

70 31.67%
  • I am taking my chances standing in line

36 16.29%
  • I'm not getting one right now

115 52.04%
+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Get an iPhone 3G S Tomorrow

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I Haz My 3GS
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    I Haz My 3GS

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Took me about 20 minutes at AT&T, no lines, no waiting...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just walked straight in to local O2 store. Asked if they had a 32gb in white on 'pay as you go', got a question asked back at me. What phone do you currently have? I repied an iPhone 3g 16gb. Then they tried to get me to upgrade and pay off my existing contract of 525 for six months haha! it should have been only 200 ish. I purchased a pay as you go for 548 = 538 + 10 top up. I know have a brand new white 32gb iPhone with no contract and a iPhone 3g 16gb (currently rare in the uk) for sale. My current sim is now in my new phone and when I sell my old iphone for 250 easy, I will have upgraded and be contract free in six months for 298 whoohoo!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xisled View Post
    hello all. i arived at my local att store in modesto this am at 630.

there were about a dozen folk on the side of non pre orders. i joined thier line. at 0700 hrs the store opened and by that time thier were 8 folks in the pr order line. the store took care of them real fast and brought in our line. it went smoothly i was in store at 0730.

got to the counter . did my swap for the new one as i was in my 30 days for the 3g. payed my 28 bx and was sent on my way with a new shiney 16 gig black 3gs.

whoooot...

The iPhone is like gold for the white guy

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Does anyone have any information on when they will get more shipment of the 3g_s iphone? Came back from work around 3pm and didn't get the pre-order it. My wife told me that she check when you got off at 2pm that there were none left. So I want to get one for myself and my wife.

Thanks

I took my chances today & boy was I successful. I went to Walmart 1st around 7 or so because I thought I wouldn't be able to get one at AT&T but no luck at walmart. Their employees in the cell phone dept. weren't due in until 0900, so I went home, showered & then went to AT&T around 0810. Walked in and was helped immediately! My local store decided to let everyone who was in line at 0700 who didn't preorder, purchase their 3G S without waiting until 0900 which was good for both customers & employees.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Woot, I ordered mine thru AT&T site.

Received it today. Comes in handy ordering online.
    sucks cause i was at work when it arrived lol..

However, I notice it has a sim card (3GS).
    What am I to do with it? Cause i looked closely and its different than 3G also it has on the back instead of a 0 or o like on 3G sim card it has 4G.

Can someone explain to me what this means...
    p.s. i try using the new card which came with 3GS and says no service. wtf.

Cash has given me a 1337er title Kaatje's Avatar
    Thanks

AT&T stores are sold out nationwide and have a 5 - 10 day lead time on getting more. The Apple Store in Seattle at University Village had about 200 people in the non-reserved line and about 40 people in line for those who reserved them. I waited about 30 minutes, went in, was out in 15 minutes or so with my 32GB iPhone According to the peeps at the store, the line had originally stretched around the parking lot, opened at 730am, and were telling people who were arriving at the end of the non-reserved line to be patient, that they had plenty of phones in stock but might have a hour and a half to two hour wait to get inside.

As for the sim card in the new iPhones, they were the same as which came in the 3G iPhone. Because of the volume of sales nationwide, Apple was informing people that AT&T servers were overloaded and it could take up to 3 hours for the new phones to be activated. During the time between being bought and activated, you could only use the phone as a device on a wifi network until the servers registered the sim card and finished the activation process.

Machine: Mac Pro Early 2009: CPU(s): 2 x Intel Xeon X5570 2.93GHz RAM: 32.00GB Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285 1024 MB Display: Dual Apple 24" LED Cinema OS: Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.4 Disk: 7TB - iPhone 32GB 3G S⃣

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123