Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G S vs. iPhone 3G vs. Palm Pre Speed Test

Uh.. Sprint has faster data plans because they don't have anybody on their network :P

No all jokes aside, Sprints network is faster than AT&T. It could be because of the low amounts of subscribers, but it could also be just because that's the way it is.

I like the pre.... Don't know why people need to bash it. If all I wanted to do was dial numbers and look on the web sure it would do it for me. Add in all the apps and so forth as well as the JB community and looks..... iPhone is #1 for me.

MY iphone 3g doesnt take 48sec to boot... more like 30sec.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

they really couldn't figure out a way to turn on the 3G service and test it??
    that would be the whole point in this test for me!
    how dumb can they be???

and even on edge my 3G still loads pages and sends pics via email, so there is no excuse!

Thanks

@tattoojack LOVE YOUR AVATAR!!!

Thanks

If we had a real carrier with a real 3G network that didn't suck, these tests would be completely different. That startup proves that the 3G S has the speed, but its only as fast as the weakest link, in this case, that link is AT&T's subpar network. Embarrassing.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Squid7085 For This Useful Post:

Amraam (06-19-2009)

well, i do agree, that the iphone has a very cool and fast jailbreak community. but back in the days when i had a qtek 9090 / aka htc (first with qwertz slide-out), win mob had quite the community as well. xda-developers they calles themselves. they did a good job and i think they still are. but i have an iphone now...
    but who knows, maybe the pre will get a community as well, 'cause it's easier to play with. as far as i have seen in the reports (gizmodo).
    my 2 cents

what a douche bag test. I'm quite disgusted watching this "expert-wannabe" midgets test

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
    or if your tryna win tickets or somthin on the radio...for sure you wont be the lucky 9th caller

**** nothing can help you with that, I was a local radio caller #9 about a month ago. Then I lost service. Thanks AT&T.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Bless One View Post
    A pretty lame test.
    Yup, I agree. If you look closely, I'm sure the 3G boots up before they stop the timer, you can see him fiddling with the sleep/wake button, so I think he actually put it to sleep and back on again before they stopped the timer.

Either way, that 3GS is fast! Shame I'll never have one

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kadernal View Post
    **** nothing can help you with that, I was a local radio caller #9 about a month ago. Then I lost service. Thanks AT&T.
    lol oh dang...that would SUCK!!! what was the prize?

nothin is gonna make me rid the iphone exept the next iphone..seriously i find it hard for another phone to compete...but i really want something to beat the iphone..that would be the most amazing phone ever...

seriously though what was apples competition?

when they decided to make the iphone, wha phone were they like "we are going to kill that thing!"

only phone selling like crazy was the razor...

iPhone? More like MyPhone mwr_allen's Avatar
    Thanks

Sorry Cash, this test should be null and void because the phones have been set up with different information on them such as mail accounts, applications and other user data that takes up hard disk space and memory so of course they would get slower with the more information you input on them.

They should be restored to factory settings then tested.

I restored then updated my iPhone 3G to the 3.0 firmware 2 days ago and it's much quicker than this test.

i guess the page loading is depends on the 3g network , cause i have iphone 3g on 3g network its too fast
    also my iphone 3g start up in 38 sec to the slide to unlock window . WTH
    Last edited by iFlickr; 06-19-2009 at 04:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by llescaflownell View Post
    Yeah, well, as stated before, they are very unscientific results. However, the iPhone will have something that the Palm will never have: a huge jailbreak community that results in almost unlimited customizations/apps/improvements to any smart phone; in fact, no other smart phone out there has such a huge and skilled jailbreak community (correct me if I am wrong...)
    Correction since you in fact are wrong...Biggest and most skilled hack community is A-Developers (for Windows Mobile and Google Android)...google them, and prepare to be wow'd

But iPhone has a big and skilled community aswell, ofcourse

Quote Originally Posted by llescaflownell View Post
    Yeah, well, as stated before, they are very unscientific results. However, the iPhone will have something that the Palm will never have: a huge jailbreak community that results in almost unlimited customizations/apps/improvements to any smart phone; in fact, no other smart phone out there has such a huge and skilled jailbreak community (correct me if I am wrong...)
    Shows what you know... The Pre's been out for a little more than a week and the whole OS was leaked. There are apps popping up left right and center, and that's without an SDK available yet.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Well my wifes G1 destroyed all those tests.....GO TMO!

Thanks

ATT has like a 10 year exclusive with apple is that correct?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Definitely a stupid test. If the 3G switched to EDGE so fast and stayed there, apparently AT&T doesn't have a good signal in that building.

I have to say the Pre is a little faster than the 3G, but there's no way the Pre is beating the 3G S when it's 2x faster than the 3G. Apple said (I think it was the...) NYT web page loaded 2.9x faster. No way the Pre is beating that.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

Default Re: Test
    LOL I tried it out the same time . 3gs was faster loading but loading a internet page my 3g was faster than the palm and 3gs. palm has nice design

Default Synchronization is much faster on 3g
    For what its worth, my new 3GS re-synchronized all my music (about 10GB worth) and less than half the time as the 3G.
    The 3G would take about 1.5 hours, the 3GS took about 20 minutes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast